Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taking the next step

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    I'm kind of glad to see some of this stuff being dredged up again because it does provide perspective. Going D1 was an enormous undertaking and SDSU was led by people that didn't take that lightly and did due diligence to properly research and strategize the move and then look at the feasibility. Even then, it did seem like a calculated gamble.

The great news for SDSU, the athletes, and the fans is that there rationale, plan, and implementation were spot on. Yes, there were some dark days with MBB, that FB game we don't talk about, and others but the success that has been had along with the growth of the university AS A WHOLE and the Athletic Department is undeniable. I have had conversations with Peggy Miller about it and the success we are having is beyond their expectations. Frankly, I have always thought that SDSU has done a lousy job of talking about how big a deal it is on the academic side that SDSU is now a D1 school. It has opened so many doors and brought in so much money that wouldn't have been there before. IT should be talked about a lot more than it is.

So, we need to keep these things in mind when we look at things on the whole. WE have had the right leaders at the right times. The donors have stepped up and put money behind the program and that includes everyone from T. Denny and Dana down to the people stretching their budget to be in the Jackrabbit Club. And then there are the athletes who have represented this university, state, and city in such an excellent fashion both on and off the field. Us fans get the opportunity to watch it all take place.

You all know the successes! Hell, I'm preaching to the choir on here! They have been many and on almost every team and especially the revenue generating teams. You all know the incredible facility changes which has us at the top of the heap in all of FCS. And there is more to come.

Not sure that this thread is the right place for posting this but it is called "Taking the next step" and to do that you need to know the path travelled and remember the growing pains.

My end point is that every day is a great day to be a Jackrabbit. Even in the dark days of transition. For me, I never would have dreamt all the great things that have happened to SDSU, SDSU Athletics, and the successes that have come along with it. These are the greatest days to be a Jackrabbit. Yes, there are bumps in the road still that we complain about and that need to be addressed whether it be tailgating policies, ticket prices, coaching issues, or any number of others. A person can select any one of them as their bitch du jour and make some noise. Especially on a anonymous chat forum. Let's not lose sight of the forest through the trees. The world of athletics is changing and we are lucky to have leaders that have put this university at the front of those changes and we as fans get to enjoy it.

So let's keep the proper perspective. There has never been a better day to be a Jackrabbit!

SUPERBUNNY
    Can I get an Amen? ��

Comment

SUPERBUNNY

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5f45cc730c.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        I'm kind of glad to see some of this stuff being dredged up again because it does provide perspective. Going D1 was an enormous undertaking and SDSU was led by people that didn't take that lightly and did due diligence to properly research and strategize the move and then look at the feasibility. Even then, it did seem like a calculated gamble.

The great news for SDSU, the athletes, and the fans is that there rationale, plan, and implementation were spot on. Yes, there were some dark days with MBB, that FB game we don't talk about, and others but the success that has been had along with the growth of the university AS A WHOLE and the Athletic Department is undeniable. I have had conversations with Peggy Miller about it and the success we are having is beyond their expectations. Frankly, I have always thought that SDSU has done a lousy job of talking about how big a deal it is on the academic side that SDSU is now a D1 school. It has opened so many doors and brought in so much money that wouldn't have been there before. IT should be talked about a lot more than it is.

So, we need to keep these things in mind when we look at things on the whole. WE have had the right leaders at the right times. The donors have stepped up and put money behind the program and that includes everyone from T. Denny and Dana down to the people stretching their budget to be in the Jackrabbit Club. And then there are the athletes who have represented this university, state, and city in such an excellent fashion both on and off the field. Us fans get the opportunity to watch it all take place.

You all know the successes! Hell, I'm preaching to the choir on here! They have been many and on almost every team and especially the revenue generating teams. You all know the incredible facility changes which has us at the top of the heap in all of FCS. And there is more to come.

Not sure that this thread is the right place for posting this but it is called "Taking the next step" and to do that you need to know the path travelled and remember the growing pains.

My end point is that every day is a great day to be a Jackrabbit. Even in the dark days of transition. For me, I never would have dreamt all the great things that have happened to SDSU, SDSU Athletics, and the successes that have come along with it. These are the greatest days to be a Jackrabbit. Yes, there are bumps in the road still that we complain about and that need to be addressed whether it be tailgating policies, ticket prices, coaching issues, or any number of others. A person can select any one of them as their bitch du jour and make some noise. Especially on a anonymous chat forum. Let's not lose sight of the forest through the trees. The world of athletics is changing and we are lucky to have leaders that have put this university at the front of those changes and we as fans get to enjoy it.

So let's keep the proper perspective. There has never been a better day to be a Jackrabbit!

SUPERBUNNY
        A nice review rep pts given.

Comment

How about we quit playing so GD CONSERVATIVE!!! We've lost how many games because of it? THAT'S ON THE HEAD COACH IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Careful, Mike is/was a member of this board. I have not seen any posts by him lately.
            Dont care.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Kudos to the coaching staff on not calling a conservative game this far. However it is an indictment of choaching that TC still hasn't learned to throw the ball away correctly. I mean really.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a small step, because it is only one win, but last night's W in Fargo was a step. What made it a step in the right direction was how the Rabbits battled in the trenches. Many factors contributed to the victory, but the big advantage in the box score was that we didn't let the Bison control the line of scrimmage.

Comment

You mean thus far and coaching, not choaching. I am sorry what perfect coaching staff are you currently the QB coach for? We just had a great win against the Bison and that is what you have to offer?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    Kudos to the coaching staff on not calling a conservative game this far. However it is an indictment of choaching that TC still hasn't learned to throw the ball away correctly. I mean really.

I'm confused....have you seen conservative play calling this year? I must be watching different games this year......
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      I'm confused....have you seen conservative play calling this year? I must be watching different games this year......
                      I'm with you Catrabbit; how about Stig opting to go for it on 4th down multiple times? Also, don't think this has been mentioned, but how about the blitz and sack by Rozeboom? He's rapidly becoming my favorite Jacks defender to watch flying around making plays. Can Stig detractors finally start to put to rest the lack of a "killer instinct" narrative?

Also, Stig seemed fired up during the post-halftime interview with the sideline reporter (not rude or anything -- just focused). Loved seeing that, and hopefully the Jacks keep the fire burning the rest of the season, starting with a Hobo Day Penguin Roast.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        I'm with you Catrabbit; how about Stig opting to go for it on 4th down multiple times? Also, don't think this has been mentioned, but how about the blitz and sack by Rozeboom? He's rapidly becoming my favorite Jacks defender to watch flying around making plays. Can Stig detractors finally start to put to rest the lack of a "killer instinct" narrative?

Also, Stig seemed fired up during the post-halftime interview with the sideline reporter (not rude or anything -- just focused). Loved seeing that, and hopefully the Jacks keep the fire burning the rest of the season, starting with a Hobo Day Penguin Roast.
                        That sounds like the beginning of a brand new menu for Hobo Day.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I agree with Rozeboom, he is quietly becoming a new star on defense(only because we look so much at how the offense is doing). Very good player with so much upside!
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            That sounds like the beginning of a brand new menu for Hobo Day.
                            We can substitute pheasant for actual penguin, like they do with imitation "krab" salad, because I actually like real penguins.

Comment

Please re-read that post

Comment

To answer your question.Third down swing passes (for losses) last game. Also my definition of conservative is likely more aggressive than most. But that wasn't my point. It was A. Credit for a good job. And B. Frustration on something that seems like it should have been fixed quite a long time ago. And that may or may not be on the coaches. But seems crazy to be happening. C. I'm not really here to argue with you. And it's OK if we disagree on the finer points. In the end we're both passionate Jackrabbit fans. I'm glad your here.

Comment

Working...
                                X