Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/1 Western Illinois

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Fine, you win. I was just trying to rationalize the way our defense played a little more.
    They could just be really bad........

Even if they were missing a few guys are we that thin? I guess it depends on how good we actually are at full strength but down a couple guys it appears we are pretty ****ty.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Even if they were missing a few guys are we that thin? I guess it depends on how good we actually are at full strength but down a couple guys it appears we are pretty ****ty.
      Like I said earlier, I think Mears really ties the back end of the defense together. We always drop off without him in the game. Our young CB's need some veteran leadership and hopefully Mears provides that. Blum is also our best pass rusher. Hopefully he can have an impact on those passing downs. Gottlob is better than Lang and Whitsel at this point in their careers. Hopefully he can also have an impact so Soulek and Langer stay a little fresher.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Like I said earlier, I think Mears really ties the back end of the defense together. We always drop off without him in the game. Our young CB's need some veteran leadership and hopefully Mears provides that. Blum is also our best pass rusher. Hopefully he can have an impact on those passing downs. Gottlob is better than Lang and Whitsel at this point in their careers. Hopefully he can also have an impact so Soulek and Langer stay a little fresher.
        There is no doubt going to be a drop off when the starters aren't in, but unless our defense is fairly bad the drop off appears to be huge (unless we are just a bad defense). Now to be fair the sample size is small and two of the teams we played appear to be offensive juggernauts but we did give up 28 points to Drake.

Comment

Mears was not on the depth chart released yesterday. I hope he can go by Saturday. Any updates on him?
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Mears was not on the depth chart released yesterday. I hope he can go by Saturday. Any updates on him?
            Meh... Gotlob isn't listed either. Also, out of the 9 receivers listed, Jacob Brown is not one of them. If this is the case, that really pisses me off that we burned his redshirt.

I would put too much stock into the printed depth chart. I guess I haven't heard anything official other than hearing at the last game that he (mears) would hopefully be back after the bye.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Meh... Gotlob isn't listed either. Also, out of the 9 receivers listed, Jacob Brown is not one of them. If this is the case, that really pisses me off that we burned his redshirt.

I would put too much stock into the printed depth chart. I guess I haven't heard anything official other than hearing at the last game that he (mears) would hopefully be back after the bye.
              Wes Genant, O-Lineman isn't listed either.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

The sample size is too small for me to hit the panic button on this defense. This game is definitely the measuring stick though. We'll learn a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Looks like we'll finally get to find out "what's in the box" this weekend.

https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/780795630004281344

Just dawned on me that this weekend is the military game, most likely a special edition military style uniform, like the one they did last year with camo on it or something.
                  They finally revealed it. Decals were replaced with American flag themed JACKS on both sides of the helmet. Pretty cool. I'm guessing we'll also see military themed jerseys.

https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/781939855949344768

Comment

Looks to be a nice fall football weather day for the game. Everyone grab a friend that has never been to game and get them hooked on Jackrabbit Football Gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Looks to be a nice fall football weather day for the game. Everyone grab a friend that has never been to game and get them hooked on Jackrabbit Football Gameday.
                      Im bringing my nephew(husker fan), his wife(sdsu grad), my son and his fiance(hawkeye fan)who are coming for the fun of tailgating. So hopefully will get them hooked and they will want to come to more games

Comment

Indiana State, a team that took down Illinois State last week, is down 24-14 early 2nd Quarter at home against Missouri State, a team that is, well... Missouri State. Welcome to conference play folks.

Speaking of Illinois State, they are down 28-10 at half at NDSU. Apparently the Bison are done messing around with close games.

I hope we start conference play with a big statement game today.

Comment

I listened to Zimmer on a podcast and he said practice after the CP game was much more serious, less fun and more coaches getting after things. You play how you practice philosophy is true. Why doesn't this happen every week?

Comment

Anybody know if Midco is showing today's game? I'm out of town and looking for a fix.
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              Anybody know if Midco is showing today's game? I'm out of town and looking for a fix.
                              I don't see it on the channel guide. ESPN3 has it listed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Disaster of a start for SDSU. Jacks go 3 and out and Hale's punt is partially blocked. WIU starts on the SDSU 40.

Comment

Working...
                                X