10/1 Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 10/1 Western Illinois

Impressive win by the Jacks, congrats. Makes me feel a little better after my Mustangs come up short against UND.

Comment

The white pants should become a thing, also last year it took a crazy set of circumstances and a complete lack of sympathy from Bobby boy and the rest of the WIU administration for the them to beat us. I'm glad we got back to kicking their ass like we usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
        Impressive win by the Jacks, congrats. Makes me feel a little better after my Mustangs come up short against UND.
        Your guys offense is completely different with out Prothero as the dive back, Mohamed just doesn't have the same burst as him through the line as him.

Comment

I thought,"here we go again" after WIU scored those two quick TD. big credit to the defense for getting it together. This team's offense is spectacular. All we need is a decent defensive squad to have the potential to be playing beyond thanksgiving.

How long before there is talk about the single season points record?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I'm assuming we're playing this well because I couldn't go to the game or watch due to moving all day. What a freaking game.
            Mom kicked you out of the basement finally.......ha,j/k

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Mom kicked you out of the basement finally.......ha,j/k
              This is hilarious! Line of the year on SDSUfans.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Landberg's catch #6 on Sports Center top 10.

Link to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS0J0Ao4wm4
                Last edited by JackJD; 10-01-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Home from the game and watching Sports Center.

That win over WIU was satisfying. I was worried it was going to be a close game and while I thought we'd win, I also was prepared for a loss. Coaches and team made the appropriate adjustments in the first quarter and shut out the 'Neck for the following three quarters. That's a good defense like we knew it could be. The passing game is outstanding. Running game is okay with signs of more and better to come.

Great day to be a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Stat of the night - Jacks scored 52 points and only entered the red zone once.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      The white pants should become a thing, also last year it took a crazy set of circumstances and a complete lack of sympathy from Bobby boy and the rest of the WIU administration for the them to beat us. I'm glad we got back to kicking their ass like we usually do.
                      Ugh, personally I didn't like the white pants at all. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Anybody take the over on that 59.5?

Comment

Great to see the defense respond after being punched in the mouth early. It would have been easy to continue to lose confidence. Instead, hopefully this game is a huge confidence builder.

A lot of good things to talk about. One thing that still worries me is our run game. Too many negative run plays, it's like our line just doesn't get any push. We ended up in a lot of 3rd and longs because we couldn't run the ball and the 3 headed monster (TC, Weineke, and Goedert) would bail out the offense. It was clear that WIU's game plan was to stop the run, get us in 3rd and long and hope to get off the field. Well, as we know, it's not easy to get the jacks off the field even with 3rd and long. I hate to be the guy that brings up negative things after a really good win against a highly ranked really good opponent, but the run game does worry me. The only thing they have going for them is that defenses are going to have to load up to stop Weineke and Goedert, which should open up some running lanes.

Overall, very excited about the win and this team in general.

Comment

Mark me down in the camp for the white pants. Do the yellow for home games but white for hobo day and or rivalry games and keep blue just for road games. Thought the white looked pretty sharp. Sort of that retro look. Anyway That was fun to watch when I got home. Wish cal poly would have won also.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Great win for the Rabbits! Love what I saw from the D after the 1st quarter. That was one of the best of offenses in the valley statically, and we held em to 14 pts and 0 pts in the last 3 quarters. So proud of the D. Christian Roozeboom had a game, Kid is a gamer. I say scratch the non conf. games, we're allowing 14 ppg in conf play. If our D keeps this up and our O keeps steady, we can win the valley. Let's go Rabbits !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                Great to see the defense respond after being punched in the mouth early. It would have been easy to continue to lose confidence. Instead, hopefully this game is a huge confidence builder.

A lot of good things to talk about. One thing that still worries me is our run game. Too many negative run plays, it's like our line just doesn't get any push. We ended up in a lot of 3rd and longs because we couldn't run the ball and the 3 headed monster (TC, Weineke, and Goedert) would bail out the offense. It was clear that WIU's game plan was to stop the run, get us in 3rd and long and hope to get off the field. Well, as we know, it's not easy to get the jacks off the field even with 3rd and long. I hate to be the guy that brings up negative things after a really good win against a highly ranked really good opponent, but the run game does worry me. The only thing they have going for them is that defenses are going to have to load up to stop Weineke and Goedert, which should open up some running lanes.

Overall, very excited about the win and this team in general.
                                We were a little predictable on 1st down and they loaded the box early... ounce they backed off we opened some run lanes, definitely need to improve there. Every time we ran outside the tackles was not good at all. The oline did a great job of pass protection though. I thought our LBs and DBs played good except for the jet sweep 71 yard play and D line got better as the game went on. We finally got some pressure on McGuire and he throws 2 pick 6 s. By far the highlights of the night went to our pass catchers my jaw was wide open most of the game. TC made some great throws but it seems that Dallas and Jake bring everything in like hoovers, and a great 1 handed grab that was definitely worth the price of admission. If you weren't there last night you definitely missed out. So get your butts the DJD and watch the air raid.
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X