NDSU LB DeLuca out for season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU LB DeLuca out for season

NDSU's outstanding linebacker, Nick DeLuca, a senior, is done for the season. He has a torn labrum in his shoulder and will have it surgically repaired. Best version of explanations going around is that by ending his season now (after playing in three games), he will get a medical redshirt and thus play a full year for NDSU.

Re: NDSU LB DeLuca out for season

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    NDSU's outstanding linebacker, Nick DeLuca, a senior, is done for the season. He has a torn labrum in his shoulder and will have it surgically repaired. Best version of explanations going around is that by ending his season now (after playing in three games), he will get a medical redshirt and thus play a full year for NDSU.
    That is correct. I heard the rumor on Friday night but didn't believe it...then heard it a lot Saturday. I had no idea a player could play that much and still get the redshirt...shows what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      That is correct. I heard the rumor on Friday night but didn't believe it...then heard it a lot Saturday. I had no idea a player could play that much and still get the redshirt...shows what I know.
      Riley Donovan (USD) played in 2 games last year before getting a medical redshirt for a hip condition. I believe there's a certain percentage of games that you can play in. My guess is that 3 is the cutoff

Comment

I will just say it. Someone check with Terry v on it. Or is that joke dead.

I think it depends on if you redshirted or not. Summer was out the first half of the first game his senior year and couldn't medical since he took a redshirt season and it was his senior year. Something to that effect.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I will just say it. Someone check with Terry v on it. Or is that joke dead.

I think it depends on if you redshirted or not. Summer was out the first half of the first game his senior year and couldn't medical since he took a redshirt season and it was his senior year. Something to that effect.
          30% of all regular season games and none of those can be in the second half of the season. He didn't redshirt so he will get it no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            30% of all regular season games and none of those can be in the second half of the season. He didn't redshirt so he will get it no problem.
            Yeah so that's why. You can get medical redshirt if you didn't redshirt. Since Sumner did that's the difference.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Yeah so that's why. You can get medical redshirt if you didn't redshirt. Since Sumner did that's the difference.
              Explains why Donovan got a medical because his redshirt was pulled a few games into his true freshman year

Comment

Working...
              X