Cal Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cal Poly

I just don't see the Jacks having a ton of trouble with Cal Poly especially at home. Jacks will win this one 38-14.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Jacks 34 Cal Poly 17, Jacks fall behind 10-0 at first so have your heart medication ready
      Definitely liking your predicted final. I'll make sure to try to get the east side "thunder" rolling early by stomping on the stands and making noise from the outset when the Jacks are on D to ensure Cal Poly gets some false starts and doesn't score so the heart patients aren't stressed.

Comment

I think this will be close game. If their offense is well executed, we could have a long night.

Comment

Not quite a must-win, but considering we have road games at NDSU, Illinois State, and UNI looming, a win would go a long ways towards putting us in position for a playoff birth.

Comment

Cal Poly

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Not quite a must-win, but considering we have road games at NDSU, Illinois State, and UNI looming, a win would go a long ways towards putting us in position for a playoff birth.
            This game is hugely important for playoff implications IMO. If we want to have a shot at a seed we need to win this game. Cal Poly looks to be much improved and looking at the Big Sky I think they have a good chance at a playoff spot. This will be a real nice one to have on the resume at the end of the year. The Valley is a virtual lock at having two seeds, and UNI could easily end up 1-2 after this weekend. That would give us a nice leg up on a possible seed over them going into conference play.

I definitely think we have the offense to win this game either way, but we're going to learn a lot about our defense here. If we can't stop their run game we're going to be in trouble in the Valley looking at how other teams are shaping up. If the defense can lock down on run d, the outlook of the UNI, WIU, and NDSU games gets much brighter. WIU has a running back who is an absolute stud, and I haven't been very impressed by UNI or NDSUs passing games. If we can shut down a good triple option team like Poly, we should be able to force those teams to try to beat us with their passing. If not we're going to end up trying to out score them, which isn't a great recipe for success in the Valley, see SIU last year. Going to learn a lot this game about whether we deserve our top ten ranking.
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Almost identical 2 game resumes. Both lost a tight Fbs game, both won convincingly over a Pioneer League opponent. This is the one OOC game for each team this season. Glad to have Cal Poly in again. They were a quality conference mate in the Great West, and remain a quality opponent today. Look forward to espn3 viewing and agood game with a Jacks win.

Comment

According to a tweet from Zimmer, Stig didn't spend a second with the offense at practice. Hopefully that leads to great results.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  According to a tweet from Zimmer, Stig didn't spend a second with the offense at practice. Hopefully that leads to great results.
                  I would assume this means that Stig spent time with the defense, not a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I would assume this means that Stig spent time with the defense, not a bad idea.
                    Yeah, guess I should have included that

In other news for the game, this video got me pretty excited for the game

https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/776918684006686720

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                      Yeah, guess I should have included that

In other news for the game, this video got me pretty excited for the game

https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/776918684006686720
                      Zenner was obviously a lot of fun to watch, but this offense has a chance to be very special. It's already very good and very entertaining, but consider the fact that the main pieces are going to be here again next year. I hope tomorrow we see the defense match the offense and have this team put a complete game together and be in top form for MVFC play to start.

Comment

Biggest disappointment outside of our defense was the mass of students who left a halftime Why even come if you can't enjoy a competitive shootout like last night. I heard students are frustrated over being harassed in tailgate areas. Sounds like an excuse not to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Biggest disappointment outside of our defense was the mass of students who left a halftime Why even come if you can't enjoy a competitive shootout like last night. I heard students are frustrated over being harassed in tailgate areas. Sounds like an excuse not to show up.
                          The student tailgate lot was completely empty so I think some of their frustration is probably warranted.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The handling of the student tailgate has been a big disappointment. I feel the athletic department needs to hire independent security and not rely on UPD. If someone gets out of hand to the point where law enforcement is needed, the security company can then remove the individual and turn them over to UPD. Killing the student tailgate, and hurting student attendance will have detrimental effects in later years. The current students can be future season ticket holders, but not if they don't associate the games with having great times with friends. At this point it is probably too late for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Students leaving at halftime has been happening for years, especially at night games. Not a new thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Students leaving at halftime has been happening for years, especially at night games. Not a new thing.
                                I realize that. More obvious in new stadium. Just don't feel they have a lot to bitch about if game doesn't mean more than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X