Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cal Poly

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I didn't pony up a ton of cash for a new stadium and coaches pay raise to see us take a step back.
    Dana? I didn't know you posted on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Dana? I didn't know you posted on this site.
      He does under a CappinHard.

I see Poly beat Montana 42-41 today. Haven't seen the stats.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        He does under a CappinHard.
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          The speed was a factor but felt like we got out worked. That bothers me more.
          I haven't read this whole thread but I think we just got out game planned. I've heard Stig say many times that coaches win games. If you watched the Jackrabbit Insider, you could see that we were out flanked most of the game on defense. They had two receivers on one side so we would have 3 DB's and a LB shift that way. When they would run the other way, they had the RB, QB and maybe a person in motion. That would mean we would have 1 tackler trying too take on two players. It could be we weren't fast enough to get there or it could be we just over shifted our defense.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            I haven't read this whole thread but I think we just got out game planned. I've heard Stig say many times that coaches win games. If you watched the Jackrabbit Insider, you could see that we were out flanked most of the game on defense. They had two receivers on one side so we would have 3 DB's and a LB shift that way. When they would run the other way, they had the RB, QB and maybe a person in motion. That would mean we would have 1 tackler trying too take on two players. It could be we weren't fast enough to get there or it could be we just over shifted our defense.
            that's part of the issue is that we couldn't close gaps or get to the pitch man or cover the field fast enough. IMHO we looked fast during the TCU game even though we couldn't catch them on several plays. Poly to me looked faster and yes, we were out coached. poly is probably better then we would like to think, but at the same time, they are not as good as the top of our conference, where we expected to be. The team has a long up hill climb for sure.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Did the defense make changes, adjust during the game or try something different because the scheme they were using against CP didn't work? The coaches know this answer. The fans will say they saw no adjustments or very little and based on the outcome it might be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                Did the defense make changes, adjust during the game or try something different because the scheme they were using against CP didn't work? The coaches know this answer. The fans will say they saw no adjustments or very little and based on the outcome it might be true.
                If they made half time changes, they apparently did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  poly is probably better then we would like to think, but at the same time, they are not as good as the top of our conference, where we expected to be. The team has a long up hill climb for sure.
                  I would submit several items: don't be too sure that Cal Poly isn't good enough to win the Big Sky and be as good as the top teams in our conference (yeah, I know, forget NDSU for the moment). Western Illinois got pumped up to #7 in this week's FCS poll after beating BCS Northern Illinois; there is no such thing in the MVFC or Big Sky that says those not at the top of the conference are going to stay down at the bottom. In fact, I would submit that there are at least six MVFC teams that are pretty even (call it the top or middle or whatever) and can contend.

Jared Blum is back this week, Nick Mears (who we really missed last week) will be back, Banasiak (out on suspension) will be back. We will, indeed, find out this week what level our team is going to compete at. It is going to be a heck of a game.

Comment

Working...
                  X