SDSU vs. Drake OTD (official tailgate day) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs. Drake OTD (official tailgate day) Thread

The game played out like many of us expected. We were crisp at times and sluggish at times. A very typical response to a game against a lesser opponent after losing a close one to a highly regarded team the week before. No surprises - this team has some strengths and some things to work on. This team does definitely have potential and there were plenty of distractions during the week. I will wait before putting us in a deep run in the playoffs or predicting the wheels coming off by mid October.

Comment

Just chiming in to say I agree with the "doom and gloom" squad.
      Jacks, hopefully just relaxed after getting the big lead.
      Kudos to the Drake team and coaches last night.
      Maybe Jacks were keeping things simple against an inferior opponent, but after the quick start, we looked out schemed.
      Hopefully the team that played at TCU shows up next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The defense concerns me more than ever. No excuses when Drake uses three QBs and runs outside fairly easy at will To put together three long drives. It look to me that after quarter one the OC went generic on plays and took Weineke out of the game plan. Drake defense started blitzing and stunting 5,6 and 7 to get the QB in the game after quarter one. That amounted to the offensive struggle if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
          The defense concerns me more than ever. No excuses when Drake uses three QBs and runs outside fairly easy at will To put together three long drives. It look to me that after quarter one the OC went generic on plays and took Weineke out of the game plan. Drake defense started blitzing and stunting 5,6 and 7 to get the QB in the game after quarter one. That amounted to the offensive struggle if you will.

Im not as worried the team did take there foot off the gas and so did the play calling. Only thing that concerned me was the lack of a running game at times. On defense we stopped blitzing only rushing the passer with the front four and that's when they started to come back, when we started blitzing again we got pressure and tip balls and Ints. We defenatly need to work on things but I don't think things are going backwards.IMO
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I just wanted to tip my hat to the students yesterday. They showed and were loud. Well done students!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Pass rush sucked again and the running game was very subpar while Drake consistently pressured TC after the 1st three drives......that all falls on line play. Has to be better this Saturday. Cal-Poly is far superior to Drake.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Drake defense made adjustments. Did the Jacks OC make counter adjustments. When defenses start blitzing and send 5-7 players the ball has to come out quick and slow developing plans are not good.

Comment

Haven't seen this anywhere yet, but Taryn is on fire. Even with a game against Drake in there this is pretty impressive for a true sophomore.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Haven't seen this anywhere yet, but Taryn is on fire. Even with a game against Drake in there this is pretty impressive for a true sophomore.
                    I like it... backs up the choice of starting Christion over Lujan. Hopefully this is just the start of great things to come for the next 3 years.

Comment

Watching the video I took of the flyover, it'd be fun if a video surfaced taken from the cessna or whatever little plane was flying above the stadium when the fighters flew over.

It would have been fun to hear the radio communications...."yeah this is fighter 1 and fighter 2, you need to get the crap out of our airspace..."

Maybe it wasn't that big a deal, but it seemed a bit crazy. Any pilots on here? What is the general rule for vertical/horizontal clearance betwixt aircraft?
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Watching the video I took of the flyover, it'd be fun if a video surfaced taken from the cessna or whatever little plane was flying above the stadium when the fighters flew over.

It would have been fun to hear the radio communications...."yeah this is fighter 1 and fighter 2, you need to get the crap out of our airspace..."

Maybe it wasn't that big a deal, but it seemed a bit crazy. Any pilots on here? What is the general rule for vertical/horizontal clearance betwixt aircraft?
                        I know one of the F16 pilots, if I get a chance, I will ask him and report back here.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Bizarre story out of Drake: http://http://deadspin.com/drake-ath...ium=socialflow

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            The comments are ****ing awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              The comments are ****ing awesome!
                              Ha, they usually are on Deadspin.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                http://deadspin.com/drake-athletic-t...-in-1789310615

Comment

Working...
                                X