Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JACKS BASH 2?

Default Re: JACKS BASH 2?

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Mumford would be a solid choice. College kids would recognize and enjoy and they aren't "that big" yet so getting them would be possible. No idea how all that stuff works but I'd vote for Mumford if I had to choose just one.
    I like mumford, I just don't think it would fill a stadium around here. My personal vote would be foo fighters, but that's probably too big of a show for the Dana. It would almost have to be a country act to be able to appeal to the students and a wide enough range of people. Sad, but it's part of living here. Pearl Jam would also be good, but I don't see the students buying into it. They would probably want something like Drake, which would probably be too big as well. Missed an opportunity this year to get Drake and have him perform before the game against Drake.

Bruce Springsteen... if he can play at the Fargodome (twice), why not the Dana?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by mango4 View Post
    Unfortunately, it will probably be country though.
    Make no mistake....it would be country again......
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Zac Brown band and someone like Darius Rucker would probably be pretty well attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Zac Brown band and someone like Darius Rucker would probably be pretty well attended.
    I'd get on board with this...ZBB was one of the acts I thought of that would work. I'd lean towards some of the non-country acts mentioned, but I don't think there is anyway they draw the crowd we saw last week.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Anyone hear anything on there being a Jacks Bash 2?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan2011 View Post
    Anyone hear anything on there being a Jacks Bash 2?
    No Jacks Bash this coming season, at least not at the level of last year. Don't know the whys or wherefores. The issue came up at a Q & A with Coach Johnston in Sioux Falls. He also said that last year's Bash was a plus for recruiting.
    "All right, let's do this. I've got minds to twist and values to warp." - Steven Tyler

Just watched "Britain 's got talent" clips on you tube after watching a Jacks video....there are some amazing singers out there with incredible voices.Would be nice to "book" one or two.....i vote for the "Jacks bash" to become an anual event, as I'm in a musical mood.
    "striving to make SDSUFans.com a better place"..... aka "Homer Rabbit"

"AiNt NO fuN wHeN the Rabbit gOt tHe GuN "

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
    Alan Greenspan

Part of the reason is likely because the opening game is scheduled for Thursday night, as it falls during Labor Day weekend. Also, having it every other year keeps it a "special" event, which will help to continue to draw big crowds.