Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks Bash

Originally posted by aaron_j01 View Post
    I can't confirm this, but the talk around our tailgate spot on Saturday was that the Premier Center in SF basically sent all of their employees up to Brookings to run the whole thing, as far as a "gameday" type ops crew. And on top of that, they footed the bill for their hourly wages, as well. The idea was that they've handled crowds of 10k and up and are familiar with procedures to make things run as smoothly as possible, which based on what I've read, was definitely the case.

Also had someone in our group who had talked to Senator Thune and he was saying the cost to bring in the three acts - a cool $3 million. Not sure of the breakdown of who got what, though.

For SDSU, First Premier, the DJDS crew, etc. to pull this off, to host three major country music acts - including prep and teardown of the entire venue and all that needed to be done to protect it for its maiden voyage 48 hours later, and then host a football game with 15k people, is impressive.

Sounds like they had plenty of help moving that field-protecting paneling. I know the Jacks baseball team was taking shifts in three-hour increments from 12-9am, and the women's basketball team was out there as well.

All around team effort!
    Not that a senator would Streach the truth but the $3Mil. Price tag seemed a bit high to me. so, for comparison see the chart https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_the_Lights_Tour if that is the case Lee Bryce is worth a lot.

I'll throw the FLAG on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Not that a senator would Streach the truth but the $3Mil. Price tag seemed a bit high to me. so, for comparison see the chart https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_the_Lights_Tour if that is the case Lee Bryce is worth a lot.

I'll throw the FLAG on this one.
      Agree. I could see $1 million but not 3.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You know what it doesn't matter if FPB/DD/TDS covered the bill no matter the cost it cost SDSU very little in overtime etc. Even if the cost of the concert was built into the cost of the stadium sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

Working...
        X