Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks Bash

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I just saw a Facebook post indicating to me that Mr Bryan was downtown in B-town @ wooden legs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    He was also spotted riding a bicycle around the campus.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      This event is all over social media and all the Sioux Falls news stations tonight. It's not my kind of music but choosing this event to be the opener for a shiny new stadium was brilliant in terms of hype and coverage. This is how you get people way beyond FCS football fans to see what you are up to. Well done.
      Completely agree. Whether you like Luke Bryan or not, he was the perfect fit to open up the stadium. Country, farming, hunting, fishing, drinking... Everything South Dakota and inherently SDSU is all about... That's what Luke Bryan sings about. As a kicker he pulls from all demographics. There are only a few acts that could fill that stadium. He's one of them.

As far as the lines and beer prices, they weren't any worse than any other concert I've been to. Well done all around imo.

Comment

It was a great night for people watching. The best thing about it was the "bigness" of it all. There were many moments thinking "I can't believe what I am seeing in Brookings SD." The second thought was being grateful to visionary leaders and kind donors for taking SDSU to a completely different level.

Comment

This was huge peeps, students came from USD to NDSU and all of the little schools in between. Alum that haven't been on campus since they graduated, not even for a football game, came to this. Average Joe's that don't care about SDSU, sports, or Brookings came. We absolutely dominated all forms of news coverage last night.

Pic from boss man Sell... https://twitter.com/SellnSDSU/status/774105773274075137

Comment

I was skeptical about how this would go but it was awesome. I can only echo what everyone else said.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Btw, did anyone else notice it when Luke Bryan said "1st annual Jacks Bash"? Annual eh? I am definitely down with that. I'm thinking he just said it out of habit from going to things like this, but with the success and publicity that came from this last night, I would think it's at least a possibility. How amazing would that be? A jacks bash every year a day or two before the season opener. That sounds good, I'll have that.

Comment

Holy Smokes does Dana know how to throw a party or what ?!?!

Luke Bryan was really perfect for this event like others have said. I'm not a huge fan but he does a great show...especially for South Daktotans!!

One bit of inside info to pass along....First Premier paid 1/2 of every student ticket so they could get down on the floor for $25! I thought that was really cool on their part.

In the end this thing was 1st class, just like everything Dana does! He's without question "The Man"

Thanks Dana!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It was so exciting to be in the new stadium and to see it in operation. Considering that this crowd was at least 5,000 more than we will see for football games I thought the DJD Stadium handled everything beautifully. There were plenty of bathrooms, there was room to move, the seats are big enough that you aren't totally scrunched in there (we were on the west side), and the sight lines were phenomenal! Just think how good it will be for football.

Our group even thought that traffic control and all the little things went very well. To factor in that it was the first event in the DJD, well done to all those involved in putting it on.

I agree with others, Luke Bryan was a perfect choice for the event and he put on a great show. So did Lee Brice and Little Big Town. Loved the videos with Dana and Justin. All around great stuff!

The whole night I just kept thinking, "Is this really happening in Brookings, at SDSU?" We are so fortunate!

Now, let's play some football!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Timelapse...http://www.argusleader.com/videos/en...9/09/90112304/

Comment

I hope people realize how loud those stands get when you stomp your feet. Even if you don't want to stand up and yell, stomp your feet. It could be deafening in there! No more "South Dakota Nice", make this a home field advantage nobody wants to come to!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        I hope people realize how loud those stands get when you stomp your feet. Even if you don't want to stand up and yell, stomp your feet. It could be deafening in there! No more "South Dakota Nice", make this a home field advantage nobody wants to come to!
                        THIS!!! THIS!!! THIS!!! OMG THIS!!! It is time to make our home field a noisy, raucous, and yet classy place to play a game! Let's make it NDSU loud without all the Bizun BS!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                          Last season when just the east side was new and people did this, it made a lot of noise. It could be a major factor now that the entire stadium can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            It was so exciting to be in the new stadium and to see it in operation. Considering that this crowd was at least 5,000 more than we will see for football games I thought the DJD Stadium handled everything beautifully. There were plenty of bathrooms, there was room to move, the seats are big enough that you aren't totally scrunched in there (we were on the west side), and the sight lines were phenomenal! Just think how good it will be for football.

Our group even thought that traffic control and all the little things went very well. To factor in that it was the first event in the DJD, well done to all those involved in putting it on.

I agree with others, Luke Bryan was a perfect choice for the event and he put on a great show. So did Lee Brice and Little Big Town. Loved the videos with Dana and Justin. All around great stuff!

The whole night I just kept thinking, "Is this really happening in Brookings, at SDSU?" We are so fortunate!

Now, let's play some football!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                            I walked around the stadium during the first break. The east side was much more congested than the west side. The porta potties had very long lines around to the south end. The west side was much less congested. There are also truckload of porta potties on the northwest corner which were wide open and the lines were nonexistent at the bathrooms and concession stands were mostly wide open. I am surprised at the need for porta potties inside the facility. However, there is likely a formula for those needs and the bathroom needs are what they are. The stadium has the look of a great football venue. There should be opportunity for lots of noise tucked in there.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Btw, did anyone else notice it when Luke Bryan said "1st annual Jacks Bash"? Annual eh? I am definitely down with that. I'm thinking he just said it out of habit from going to things like this, but with the success and publicity that came from this last night, I would think it's at least a possibility. How amazing would that be? A jacks bash every year a day or two before the season opener. That sounds good, I'll have that.
                              Talking with First Premier people, it was definitely what you were originally thinking. Their company has their staff celebration every two years (two years ago it was Keith Urban in the Premier Center). Maybe with the success of last night, SDSU does their own thing without Premier.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Talking with First Premier people, it was definitely what you were originally thinking. Their company has their staff celebration every two years (two years ago it was Keith Urban in the Premier Center). Maybe with the success of last night, SDSU does their own thing without Premier.
                                I imagine with the success of this first concert, it will be something that SDSU considers. Just ballpark numbers you are talking 23,000 tickets sold, at say an average of $40 gives you $920k in revenue. I saw mention that there was 80,000 cans of beer on hand for the event, so say another 60,000 sold at $8 a piece gives you another $480k in revenues. We're talking a serious chunk of change here.

Comment

Working...
                                X