Jacks Bash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks Bash

I drove by an hour ago and the stage and flooring had already been removed. Unbelievable!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Btw, did anyone else notice it when Luke Bryan said "1st annual Jacks Bash"? Annual eh? I am definitely down with that. I'm thinking he just said it out of habit from going to things like this, but with the success and publicity that came from this last night, I would think it's at least a possibility. How amazing would that be? A jacks bash every year a day or two before the season opener. That sounds good, I'll have that.
      President Dunn talked to my college faculty and staff this morning and noted that he was also surprised by Luke's announcement. He said that he thought everything had gone well, as far as he had heard, and that if others are planning it, he would be for a JacksBash 2.0. He commented on how he thought it was a great event but was concerned by the number of highly intoxicated students. He didn't necessarily appreciate all of the concert acts promoting drinking from the stage but he also realized it was a concert with college kids.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm curious, were they selling beer for $8 a glass out of those concession stands on the field?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          President Dunn talked to my college faculty and staff this morning and noted that he was also surprised by Luke's announcement. He said that he thought everything had gone well, as far as he had heard, and that if others are planning it, he would be for a JacksBash 2.0. He commented on how he thought it was a great event but was concerned by the number of highly intoxicated students. He didn't necessarily appreciate all of the concert acts promoting drinking from the stage but he also realized it was a concert with college kids.
          Houston we have a problem.

Comment

That was a fabulous event. Well done to everyone involved. Stadium is impressive to say the least. I can't wait to return tomorrow for the tailgate and inaugural game.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Houston we have a problem.
              A concert with college kids drunk? And people were surprised? We have a problem if people got hurt or were destructive, but I haven't heard anything along those lines.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                I wouldn't have expected him to say anything different. The event went off extremely well, again, I give credit to all involved. College students drinking to excess is not a new problem and anyone that thinks it can be controlled in our alcohol centric society isn't being practical. Whether Lee Brice or Luke Bryan sing songs about drinking beer or tequila or guzzle it right in front of the group or not. If the students weren't drinking at the concert they sure as heck would have been elsewhere.

That said, President Dunn must have felt an obligation to express some disdain, whether sincere or not. I suspect sincere.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  A concert with college kids drunk? And people were surprised? We have a problem if people got hurt or were destructive, but I haven't heard anything along those lines.
                  Ding. Ding. Ding.

Is it really that shocking that college students are getting drunk and higher ups are worried about them drinking?

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...30064305393664

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I wouldn't have expected him to say anything different. The event went off extremely well, again, I give credit to all involved. College students drinking to excess is not a new problem and anyone that thinks it can be controlled in our alcohol centric society isn't being practical. Whether Lee Brice or Luke Bryan sing songs about drinking beer or tequila or guzzle it right in front of the group or not. If the students weren't drinking at the concert they sure as heck would have been elsewhere.

That said, President Dunn must have felt an obligation to express some disdain, whether sincere or not. I suspect sincere.
                      I was surprised he commented, but I was not any where near the event. The concern is legitimate though. I like KU law , only know what I read on message boards. That may be my problem Each person is accountable for their own actions.

Comment

I'm actually surprised they did not charge $5 a car for parking, with all the staff running that it would have been justifiable.
                        And a tidy little offset of some of the other costs.

Comment

Anyone see an official attendance posted anywhere? I had seen 23,000 tickets sold, and the MC's referenced 25,000. Haven't seen an official count though.

Comment

Picture as the crowd continues to enter the stadium.

Later...huge crowd on the stadium surface (turf was well covered).

Comment

Fabulous concert!

Comment

I can't confirm this, but the talk around our tailgate spot on Saturday was that the Premier Center in SF basically sent all of their employees up to Brookings to run the whole thing, as far as a "gameday" type ops crew. And on top of that, they footed the bill for their hourly wages, as well. The idea was that they've handled crowds of 10k and up and are familiar with procedures to make things run as smoothly as possible, which based on what I've read, was definitely the case.

Also had someone in our group who had talked to Senator Thune and he was saying the cost to bring in the three acts - a cool $3 million. Not sure of the breakdown of who got what, though.

For SDSU, First Premier, the DJDS crew, etc. to pull this off, to host three major country music acts - including prep and teardown of the entire venue and all that needed to be done to protect it for its maiden voyage 48 hours later, and then host a football game with 15k people, is impressive.

Sounds like they had plenty of help moving that field-protecting paneling. I know the Jacks baseball team was taking shifts in three-hour increments from 12-9am, and the women's basketball team was out there as well.

All around team effort!

Comment

Working...
                                X