Bryan Witzmann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Witzmann

Getting playing time at RT in 2nd quarter of Cowboys game v. Dolphins on NFL Network right now

Re: Bryan Witzman

Witzmann was cut by the Cowboys and the KC Chiefs picked him up on waivers today. So he will make the 53 man roster for KC.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2016/09/0...am-barrington/
    Last edited by JackJD; 09-06-2016, 09:21 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

An article in the Star today reports that the Chiefs are # 27 on the free agent list so 26 teams passed on Bryan.

It only takes One!!

Also he guaranteed to be on the 53 man roster for at least 3 weeks. Hopefully that will give him time to prove his worth.

Wishing him the very best! A Super Bowl ring would look good on his hand. Go Jackrabbit!!

Comment

Chiefs GM Dorsey had this to say about Bryan - "He's a swing right, left tackle, ... he's 6-7, he's 315. He's got (good) feet - he also will be able to develop into a guard.
        I think he's smart enough to play both guard, both tackle (spots). So I think there is some value in versatility."

Comment

If one of the mods could correct the spelling of Bryan's last name on the thread I would appreciate it. Apologize for not getting it right.

I corrected the name of the thread but the software doesn't let me correct the thread title in each post.
          Last edited by JackJD; 09-06-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Witz and his Kansas City Chiefs advance. Two 'Rabbits on playoff teams!

Comment

Re: Bryan Witzmann

Has Witzmann seen much action this season (if any)?

Comment

I try to check each week. He has not been on the 2 deep depth chart lately. Another player backs up 2 positions. I try to watch to see if he is on xp, fg attempts but the ol does not get much tv time. I think the line has been fortunate by mostly dodging the injury bug this season.

He has been on the active roster.

Comment

I know he was in on that Dontari Poe jump-pass play a couple of weeks ago against the Broncos. Left side of the line; No. 70. Looks like he's played in 11 games this season.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

After the Chiefs signed Bryan to a one year extension he is getting first string reps at left guard.

Contract not available but they reported he made $540,000 last season.

Comment

Some articles on Witzmann's contract extension:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...164494247.html
                      https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/07/...n-real-chance/

It sounds like he's going to see the field a lot more this year. I'm excited for him.

Comment

Witzmann is the Chief's unofficial starting left guard. Beat out last years starter who is/was recovering from an ACL injury, but is listed as the backup.

I hope he does well!

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                          Witzmann is the Chief's unofficial starting left guard. Beat out last years starter who is/was recovering from an ACL injury, but is listed as the backup.

I hope he does well!
                          Witzmann is doing okay. Two penalties though, a hold, and a false start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            Witzmann is doing okay. Two penalties though, a hold, and a false start.

He is not doing any worse than the other guys and holding his own.

Comment

Bryan pancaked his guy, which led to one of the 4th qtr TD's for the Chiefs. Announcers lauded his good O-line work.

Comment

Working...
                              X