Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND to Summit League?

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Expansion by the Big 12 will trickle down and NDSU will end up FBS. Not in a BSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the more likely scenario would be the P5 going on their own and the rest joining with the majority of FCS. I don't understand the idea of NDSU going to the FBS. Yes, they are dominant right now, but this too shall pass, I think they would be a .500 team at the FBS level. Unless they could somehow get into a big money tv deal, it just doesn't seem to make sense.

Comment

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...0i_VmE.twitter

So they aren't going to cut any sports but still need to balance the budget?

Welcome to the Summit League UND. Olympic in the Summit, FB in the BSC.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...0i_VmE.twitter

So they aren't going to cut any sports but still need to balance the budget?

Welcome to the Summit League UND. Olympic in the Summit, FB in the BSC.
        Exactly what I thought too as my first reaction. I'd think if they were staying in the BS for all sports they would have to cut something.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Exactly what I thought too as my first reaction. I'd think if they were staying in the BS for all sports they would have to cut something.
          If it isn't the case that league membership is changing they have a mess on their hands. Already losing money. FCOA funding needed now for all sports not just hockey. Idaho joining the BSC so even more travel west for your Olympic teams. If they aren't moving I wish them luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
            If it isn't the case that league membership is changing they have a mess on their hands. Already losing money. FCOA funding needed now for all sports not just hockey. Idaho joining the BSC so even more travel west for your Olympic teams. If they aren't moving I wish them luck.
            Wasn't UND one of the first to announce full funding of FCOA? They kind of keep digging the hole deeper don't they,what part of the (big) sky is that money supposed to fall from.The Institution reminds me of a guy who wants to be a big shot,spends money he doesn't have trying to impress,racking up a huge debt in the process until it all comes crashing down on him.It's all brought upon by themselves.The State of Indiana has money problems too,but they make cuts,etc and are not trying to be the "big shot" in how they deal with them.I like personality #2 a lot more than personality #1.They have this gargantuan ego and in their inflated opinion of themselves they really do believe they are too good for the Summit .That's just my own opinion.Who cares about UND.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Wasn't UND one of the first to announce full funding of FCOA? They kind of keep digging the hole deeper don't they,what part of the (big) sky is that money supposed to fall from.The Institution reminds me of a guy who wants to be a big shot,spends money he doesn't have trying to impress,racking up a huge debt in the process until it all comes crashing down on him.It's all brought upon by themselves.The State of Indiana has money problems too,but they make cuts,etc and are not trying to be the "big shot" in how they deal with them.I like personality #2 a lot more than personality #1.They have this gargantuan ego and in their inflated opinion of themselves they really do believe they are too good for the Summit .That's just my own opinion.Who cares about UND.
              If I recall they announced FCOA shortly after (maybe one day) NDSU announced. Most outside of UND saw the announcement as a reaction to NDSU's announcement.

Comment

2010 was the year that UND and SDSU played on a very, very cold day in November as CAS. Prior to that game, there was a reception at the bio stress lab which had both presidents of the respective universities in attendance. Much of the banter that day involved the subject of the universities eventually belonging to the same conference down the road. Even though the presidents have changed, the direction of the affiliation may still be the same. The Fighting Sioux have assumed the Fighting Hawk moniker to make the move more palatable to the masses. It was a matter of time for the changes to evolve and it may not be out of the realm of reality for the F'n Hawks to break into the MVFC and the Summit regardless of the timing of each. By the way, the Jackrabbits won 21-0. That was the score at halftime and the second half was completed at Ray's.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  2010 was the year that UND and SDSU played on a very, very cold day in November as CAS. Prior to that game, there was a reception at the bio stress lab which had both presidents of the respective universities in attendance. Much of the banter that day involved the subject of the universities eventually belonging to the same conference down the road. Even though the presidents have changed, the direction of the affiliation may still be the same. The Fighting Sioux have assumed the Fighting Hawk moniker to make the move more palatable to the masses. It was a matter of time for the changes to evolve and it may not be out of the realm of reality for the F'n Hawks to break into the MVFC and the Summit regardless of the timing of each. By the way, the Jackrabbits won 21-0. That was the score at halftime and the second half was completed at Ray's.
                  How can I forget that day. I froze my you know what off. Headed for home with a piping hot Domino's pizza. That was a great game. I was totally unaware of the Bio stress lab ceremonies. I do remember they had a guy with a big cowboy hat lead the team on the field. I think they were thinking rough riders that day being the future logo.

Back to the topic, I am glad the committee recommended keeping all 20 sports. Dont look for hockey taking any hits. There all tons of hockey fans and some even in Fargo, who forgo following the BIZUN.

Comment

Working...
                  X