Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Iowa State was as bad if not worse than Illinois if I recall.
    When I was looking Illinois was 50-3 or something and while Iowa St was like 44-7 I seem to remember we just had a TON of turnovers in the Redzone and statistically out gained them. Illinois was more of a beating IMHO.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Re: TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      Jeeze, we've only had one FBS game where we got boat raced like that vs Illinois. I sure hope it's not that ugly. If it is, I don't like the way the rest of the season is going to go. That season wasn't great at all.
      SDSU has never played a team like TCU. They are notorious for scoring points, and a lot of them, against top competition. They average over 40 points per game over the last 2 seasons. In addition to that, they are trying to figure out who their quarterback will be this year, so if I had to guess they will have their foot on the pedal the whole time trying to iron things out in what is a tune up game for them. Speaking of tune up, we will be testing out new corners, which won't help defending against TCU's air raid offense. Normally I'm pretty optimistic about SDSU's chances against P5 teams, but this just doesn't seem like a good match up for us. I'm thinking the prediction of 53-10 probably isn't that far off. If our offense is clicking, we might be able to pull out 21 or 24 against them, but they will still score at least 50 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        SDSU has never played a team like TCU. They are notorious for scoring points, and a lot of them, against top competition. They average over 40 points per game over the last 2 seasons. In addition to that, they are trying to figure out who their quarterback will be this year, so if I had to guess they will have their foot on the pedal the whole time trying to iron things out in what is a tune up game for them. Speaking of tune up, we will be testing out new corners, which won't help defending against TCU's air raid offense. Normally I'm pretty optimistic about SDSU's chances against P5 teams, but this just doesn't seem like a good match up for us. I'm thinking the prediction of 53-10 probably isn't that far off. If our offense is clicking, we might be able to pull out 21 or 24 against them, but they will still score at least 50 imo.
        Exactly what I'm thinking. I'll be cheering hard but I think it'll get ugly quick.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Texas heat can be brutal. They play outdoors?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Texas heat can be brutal. They play outdoors?
            to bad we cant ask for a return game for around middle of november.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              to bad we cant ask for a return game for around middle of november.
              When pigs fly like in the Bush beans commercial. Good old Duke.

Comment

The guy who wrote this article does a great job of coming off as a douchebag. There is some good info there and he seems to have done some decent homework.

http://killerfrogs.com/2016/08/11/tc...akota-preview/
                "Far from a tune-up game vs. Drake, the Jackrabbits will be looking for their second victory over a Big Twelve foe in as many seasons. After escaping Lawrence with a three-point win over Kansas last September, South Dakota State will attack TCU’s defense with three returning running backs. One even gained over 200 yards last season. Of course, three starters off the SDSU line will need replacing, but this is a Jackrabbit bunch that has gone to the FCS playoffs four years in a row."

Comment

The guy who wrote this article does a great job of coming off as a douchebag. There is some good info there and he seems to have done some decent homework.

http://killerfrogs.com/2016/08/11/tc...akota-preview/
                  "Far from a tune-up game vs. Drake, the Jackrabbits will be looking for their second victory over a Big Twelve foe in as many seasons. After escaping Lawrence with a three-point win over Kansas last September, South Dakota State will attack TCU’s defense with three returning running backs. One even gained over 200 yards last season. Of course, three starters off the SDSU line will need replacing, but this is a Jackrabbit bunch that has gone to the FCS playoffs four years in a row."
                  Although he tries to be cute he does a decent job of pointing our we've got an awful lot of question marks.

Comment

The guy who wrote this article does a great job of coming off as a douchebag.
                    I don't normally clump groups of people together under one umbrella word or statement, but this guy is just being a Texan.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Exactly what I'm thinking. I'll be cheering hard but I think it'll get ugly quick.
                      Me too. These teams that lean heavily on a (very) explosive offense are a different animal than a grinder from the Midwest. Very tough matchup, especially when your FCS team is breaking in a bunch of new defensive backs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Me too. These teams that lean heavily on a (very) explosive offense are a different animal than a grinder from the Midwest. Very tough matchup, especially when your FCS team is breaking in a bunch of new defensive backs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Is anybody else from this board going to the game?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          I don't normally clump groups of people together under one umbrella word or statement, but this guy is just being a Texan.
                          You're probably right, rereading it i may have taken it the wrong way from being in a bad mood.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Is anybody else from this board going to the game?
                            Yes, I will be there. Sideline Observer plans to be there also. Advantage of living in the DFW area.

Comment

I think the Jacks will hang in there for more than a half. TCU has a lot of question marks as well, and I do think you can run the ball on them and control a portion of the clock. TCU won't be motivated and you will.

Comment

My wife and I will be at the game. Hoping for less than a 100 degree day!��
                                GT

Comment

Working...
                                X