TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

I know I'll be disappointed if we give up 587 yds by the end of the third quarter, or give up almost 500 yds rushing in the game that's for sure.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I think our biggest problem is that it's a high major ranked team AND they play a spread. I just don't think we can compete athlete for athlete on defense against that kind of offense. I think this game will tell us more about our offense than our defense.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I think our biggest problem is that it's a high major ranked team AND they play a spread. I just don't think we can compete athlete for athlete on defense against that kind of offense. I think this game will tell us more about our offense than our defense.
        Agreed, especially later in the game when our defensive second-stringers might be relied on a little more to let the starters get a quick break. That's usually where FCS teams really get into trouble in these games. I have high (homerish) hopes, but I won't get too worked up if they score 45 points.

Comment

There's gonna come a point in the game where TCU rattles off like 3 TD'S in a 5 or 6 minute stretch. Just come out of the game healthy...
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Agreed, just stay healthy. TCU is a team that can pour it on anyone none the less a FCS team. It we keep it within 21-28 I'll call it a win.

Comment

Just FYI for Jackrabbit fans....google up The Frog Horn and click on SDSU Video and you'll get a view of how TCU is looking forward to the game.

Comment

Hope the TCU coaches are reading this message board...they're getting a pretty good "aw shucks, guys, those horny toads are just too much for us little hares" treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  These predictions remind me of the Nebraska games, where everybody said (including our ever faithful base) that we would need bodybags and hope this doesn't get too out of hand.
                  The 17-3 game in 2010 was certainly close, but I think they used up plenty of their body bag inventory (at least for our defensive squad) in that 59-20 drubbing in 2013. Our offense was adequate in that game, but we had no answer for the Husker O as we gave up 645 yards that day. A 70% 3rd down conversion rate didn't help either.

I don't know what to expect Saturday. I certainly didn't expect to lose 56-3 to Illinois in 2011, so I'm not even going to try to make a prediction. I do know that winning is a long-shot, so I'll just enjoy being able to watch the game on the big-screen and hope we get out 100% healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                    I think you will see TCU throw the bal often in hopes of running up the score. New CBs will mean passes and their OC will try to exploit them. TCU defense has been tough for years. The score needs to stay low if the Jacks have any chance. The QB better read the TCU defense because you won't out run them. I see Lujan as a better Qb in this game like the last two year opening games
                    And we need short precise passes,with the coverage fooled a little to give extra room to help in avoiding interceptions.Another thing to hope for is we catch someone being careless and we get someone downfield behind the coverage,seriously doubt we get that lucky though.The longer the balls in the air, the more it favors the more athletic player, probably them in most cases,unless we have uncanny accuracy throwing.Ya, we need a smart,very smart QB in this game,not much room for error. We need the run game to help out quite a bit too.It can't be all run or all pass,although USD did get a first down running three consecutive run plays against New Mexico,but they're not TCU. If the defense holds them down a little,we might have a chance to use patience and timely plays to keep it a pretty close ballgame.Or just go at them with reckless abandon,whatever works....j/k..
                    In the Neb game Pelini did say the Jacks showed much more energy and was the more aggressive team,that caught them off guard some,FBS teams never expect that much from FCS teams.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-02-2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I been watching TCU vs SMU on ESPN. TCU seems to make more yards out of plays with offensive blocking. This seems to be one of their better skills as a team. Score is TCU 6 and SMU 3 at Half. TCU lost in overtime to Arkansas and last week took care of Iowa State 41-20. With out a doubt SDSU best effort was against TC.

Comment

TCU now leading 23-3. Their FG kicker made a goal bouncing off the goal post.

Comment

Working...
                        X