TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

Class of 2011 here, and a resident of central Texas. I'll be making the short drive to "Cow Town", joining three of my buddies from South Dakota, for the game and festivities. Y'all get ready for a crazy fun college football atmosphere. Train horns, BBQ smokers at the tailgate, ten gallon hats, and beautiful girls EVERYWHERE. Enough purple-clad folks; you'll think you're at a Vikings game. Welcome to Texas. GO JACKS!
    Last edited by wr54; 08-24-2016, 12:05 AM.
    "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
      Class of 2011 here, and a resident of central Texas. I'll be making the short drive to "Cow Town", joining three of my buddies from South Dakota, for the game and festivities. Y'all get ready for a crazy fun college football atmosphere. Train horns, BBQ smokers at the tailgate, ten gallon hats, and beautiful girls EVERYWHERE. Enough purple-clad folks; you'll think you're at a Vikings game. Welcome to Texas. GO JACKS!
      Go back to pancake... lol

But seriously you better have a lone star beer waiting for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Looking like I'll be flooded out to Louisiana for this timeframe. Bummed about that.
        I have been swamped in LA, so am in Bayou Bengal territory rather than DFW territory.

Do have a co-worker who's a big TCU fan, and season tix holder. If want to see game, and be a beacon of yellow (or blue) in a sea of purple, she does have 3 tix available, $30/each. May get better deal off craigslist, or stubhub, but if interested, let me know for contact info.

Comment

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
          Purple haze!...ought to make the yellow stand out even more....should be a fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Go back to pancake... lol

But seriously you better have a lone star beer waiting for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
            Lone star?! How about a Shiner; there's nothing finer!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Purple haze!...ought to make the yellow stand out even more....should be a fun time.
              Indeed!

Comment

Former Texas A&M qb Kenny Hill has been named starter for TCU
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

As long as Kenny Hill can avoid planters, he should play pretty well against SDSU
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

My first post, so let me introduce myself. I live a few minutes from TCU and years ago covered TCU football for the local Star-Telegram. Been around them for 50-plus years. It's a long way down here from South Dakota, but for those of you who make the trip, I hope the weather is tolerable and the game not too repulsive. What I am getting here is that the Frogs will not be allowed to take SDSU lightly. Coach Patterson, at least, realizes the Jackrabbits are a very good team, whatever NCAA division they represent. That said, this is a very good TCU team. Young and unproven in places, but like the Alabamas of the world, they are in a position where they reload instead of rebuild. Now to the important stuff for visitors, feel free to walk to anyone's tailgate in the parking lots and introduce yourselves. You will get some of the best BBQ around and should be treated in a very friendly manner unless you mention Baylor (hated here) or the University of Texas (also disliked). One confession: Yours is one of only three states (with Montana andAlaska) that I never have visited. I've even been to North Dakota but somehow have missed South Dakota. Anyway, have a good time here. And I'm glad to answer as best I can any questions about TCU and Fort Worth (never to be confused with Dallas).

Comment

Originally posted by old scribe View Post
                      My first post, so let me introduce myself. I live a few minutes from TCU and years ago covered TCU football for the local Star-Telegram. Been around them for 50-plus years. It's a long way down here from South Dakota, but for those of you who make the trip, I hope the weather is tolerable and the game not too repulsive. What I am getting here is that the Frogs will not be allowed to take SDSU lightly. Coach Patterson, at least, realizes the Jackrabbits are a very good team, whatever NCAA division they represent. That said, this is a very good TCU team. Young and unproven in places, but like the Alabamas of the world, they are in a position where they reload instead of rebuild. Now to the important stuff for visitors, feel free to walk to anyone's tailgate in the parking lots and introduce yourselves. You will get some of the best BBQ around and should be treated in a very friendly manner unless you mention Baylor (hated here) or the University of Texas (also disliked). One confession: Yours is one of only three states (with Montana andAlaska) that I never have visited. I've even been to North Dakota but somehow have missed South Dakota. Anyway, have a good time here. And I'm glad to answer as best I can any questions about TCU and Fort Worth (never to be confused with Dallas).
                      We also Hate Baylor and in particular Kim Mulkey

Comment

This is confusing. You're just allowed to walk to any tailgate???
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          This is confusing. You're just allowed to walk to any tailgate???
                          Lol, I was smiling already because it's Friday, but this is good.

Comment

You've seriously missed visiting what I considered the 3 best states in the US. Saving the best for last obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Lol, I was smiling already because it's Friday, but this is good.
                              Guess I missed the joke. Meant walk up to any tailgate if that makes a difference. Anyway, does anyone wonder about TCU, football-wise? I mean, you guys are big underdogs, but they play the games to see who wins, and it could be SDSU.

Comment

Guess I missed the joke. Meant walk up to any tailgate if that makes a difference. Anyway, does anyone wonder about TCU, football-wise? I mean, you guys are big underdogs, but they play the games to see who wins, and it could be SDSU.
                                Sorry, SDSU recently put out some new tailgating rules that have been heavily ridiculed on here. One of them being that you can't just walk around the tailgate area, you are supposed to know someone and be headed to that specific tailgate area. In the end, they are measures to prevent drunk students from loitering and causing problems, but they come off the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                                X