TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

For anyone interested...tix going for $6 on stubhub.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Yes, I will be there. Sideline Observer plans to be there also. Advantage of living in the DFW area.
      We need to figure out some sort of tailgating then. I'll talk to Hartley.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        I don't normally clump groups of people together under one umbrella word or statement, but this guy is just being a Texan.
        I think he does an excellent job of being a Texan. He talks about his own team with a grain of salt as much as the Jacks. It was an entertaining read. "Patterson has always been long on worry" Doesn't get anymore Texan than that.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Was contacted about the SDSU visitor tickets. $65!

Have a co-worker with extra TCU (season tix) location if anyone is interested.

Comment

Hello, Jackrabbits! Just stopping by to invite you to our TCU fan board, TheFrogHorn.com. We've got a great group of folks ready to talk some football! You will also find an area of our board dedicated to information visiting fans will find extremely helpful as you navigate our beautiful city and campus. We look forward to welcoming you to Texas on September 3! GO FROGS!

Comment

Originally posted by purpledawgtcu View Post
              Hello, Jackrabbits! Just stopping by to invite you to our TCU fan board, TheFrogHorn.com. We've got a great group of folks ready to talk some football! You will also find an area of our board dedicated to information visiting fans will find extremely helpful as you navigate our beautiful city and campus. We look forward to welcoming you to Texas on September 3! GO FROGS!
              Thanks for the hospitality and resources! Always good to get perspective from the locals.

My wife just spent a week on the TCU campus for a class and she loved it! No interest in moving down there, but would consider working on her doctorate from there. My daughter has also considered getting her masters there, but doesn't want to even consider Omaha, much less Dallas/FW.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                Thanks for the hospitality and resources! Always good to get perspective from the locals.

My wife just spent a week on the TCU campus for a class and she loved it! No interest in moving down there, but would consider working on her doctorate from there. My daughter has also considered getting her masters there, but doesn't want to even consider Omaha, much less Dallas/FW.
                I hope you will come and visit us on TheFrogHorn, GopherHole!

Nice to hear that your wife thought so highly of our university. In what subject does she want to pursue her doctoral studies? There's a friend on our board who got her EdD last year at TCU. We also have many excellent masters' programs. Our MBA and MEd are a couple of great examples. Tell your daughter not to be so quick to lump Ft. Worth in with that place to the east of us. Once she visits, I'm sure she will see there is nothing to compare. Most FW folks don't go over to Dallas much at all. Our lovely city is far smaller and much more friendly. Hope she comes on down!

Comment

Originally posted by purpledawgtcu View Post
                  You guys should seriously jump over there to chat with those guys. They are showing us more respect for us in this game than most of our fans are. It's pretty incredible.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    You guys should seriously jump over there to chat with those guys. They are showing us more respect for us in this game than most of our fans are. It's pretty incredible.
                    My perception of TCU (living here in the heart of Big XII country) is that they very much see themselves as a "Little University That Could" in a lot of ways (especially in Texas!), and that they are darned proud of their athletics and of their football program in particular. Honestly, I'd expect a fairly respectful reception of SDSU fans by the TCU community, from what I've seen living here in KC. They're a fan base that understands what it's like to be the little guy in a world dominated by the big guys.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm glad their fans are being respectful, but I'm scared to death of this game. TCU is no joke.
                      *just the worry wart fan in me coming out.

Comment

Looking like I'll be flooded out to Louisiana for this timeframe. Bummed about that.

Comment

AP Preseason Top 25 football poll for 8/21/16 reported on BleacherReport has TCU ranked #13. That's a fine team we're going to open against.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...kings-released

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            AP Preseason Top 25 football poll for 8/21/16 reported on BleacherReport has TCU ranked #13. That's a fine team we're going to open against.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...kings-released
                            Might be the best coach we've gone against. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_P...d_coach_at_TCU

Wrong team to hope plays "down to our level".

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Might be the best coach we've gone against. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_P...d_coach_at_TCU

Wrong team to hope plays "down to our level".
                              After scimming through Wiki, I would agree he is the best we have faced.

Comment

Will be a tough assignment for sure. Difficult weather conditions against an extremely fast and talented team that plays a style of offense we don't see often. I can't make this trip and I'm thinking watching this one online or TV is probably the best option for me.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X