TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

So, while everyone is up in arms over possible tailgating tyranny, how bout some chatter about our opener against TCU. Going to be a tall order to open the season there. Their defense is supposed to be tough as nails this year from what I've gathered. Anybody making the trip down? What does everyone think our chances are? Do they have the offense to take advantage of our green CBs or are they more run oriented? Looking forward to this game! Sure would be sweet to take down another Big XII team!
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: TCU Season Opener Sept 3rd

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    So, while everyone is up in arms over possible tailgating tyranny, how bout some chatter about our opener against TCU. Going to be a tall order to open the season there. Their defense is supposed to be tough as nails this year from what I've gathered. Anybody making the trip down? What does everyone think our chances are? Do they have the offense to take advantage of our green CBs or are they more run oriented? Looking forward to this game! Sure would be sweet to take down another Big XII team!
    Just hope the Jacks come away unscathed. Have the Jacks ever played a team ranked that high before? Kansas gave TCU all they could handle, last year, 17-23. That was last year.

Comment

I think you will see TCU throw the bal often in hopes of running up the score. New CBs will mean passes and their OC will try to exploit them. TCU defense has been tough for years. The score needs to stay low if the Jacks have any chance. The QB better read the TCU defense because you won't out run them. I see Lujan as a better Qb in this game like the last two year opening games

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
        Just hope the Jacks come away unscathed. Have the Jacks ever played a team ranked that high before? Kansas gave TCU all they could handle, last year, 17-23. That was last year.
        From watching the highlights from Nebraska episode 1 they were 7 I think. TCU is 14.

Comment

This will be a stiff test no doubt! I just hope we come out to win rather than to keep it close. Take some changes and go for it. You only get so many shots at a big name program. There are no moral victories.

Comment

Hopefully no injuries.

TCU 53
            SDSU 10
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                Daaaaa Jacks. Coach Stigelmeier vs. a hurricane, who would win?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Daaaaa Jacks. Coach Stigelmeier vs. a hurricane, who would win?
                  Chuck Norris.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                    I think you will see TCU throw the bal often in hopes of running up the score. New CBs will mean passes and their OC will try to exploit them. TCU defense has been tough for years. The score needs to stay low if the Jacks have any chance. The QB better read the TCU defense because you won't out run them. I see Lujan as a better Qb in this game like the last two year opening games
                    Not sure if they will try to run up the score but TCU plays in a hurry up offense but are pretty balanced. I'm guessing if they get up big, they will start subbing. I think they are breaking in several new guys this year on of offensive side so will probably try to get playing time for a lot of people

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                      Have the Jacks ever played a team ranked that high before?
                      2010 vs. Nebraska. Nebraska was in the top 10 for sure, ranked somewhere around 4-7 I believe for that game. If memory serves me correct SDSU lost 17-3. However... Kyle Minnett scored a TD in the 1st qtr that the refs "could not review because of technical difficulties." TV cameras showed that it was a definite TD. Derek Domino had a pick 6 that got called back because of a clipping by Andy Mink. Mink was jogging downfield a ways behind the ball and a Nebraska player pushed him from behind, knocking him forward into the legs of a Nebraska player.

2013 Nebraska game was also a treat for the first half, watching Zenner and Ameer Abdulah go back and forth. Then the 2nd half...

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                        2010 vs. Nebraska. Nebraska was in the top 10 for sure, ranked somewhere around 4-7 I believe for that game. If memory serves me correct SDSU lost 17-3. However... Kyle Minnett scored a TD in the 1st qtr that the refs "could not review because of technical difficulties." TV cameras showed that it was a definite TD. Derek Domino had a pick 6 that got called back because of a clipping by Andy Mink. Mink was jogging downfield a ways behind the ball and a Nebraska player pushed him from behind, knocking him forward into the legs of a Nebraska player.

2013 Nebraska game was also a treat for the first half, watching Zenner and Ameer Abdulah go back and forth. Then the 2nd half...
                        When I showed my brother who is a nebraska fan the hightlights of that game, he didnt really have much to say. The annoucers on TV were like minnet TD......Oh wait.....man that was frustrating game. Yeah the zenner in the second game was tearing it up. pretty much didnt play the 4th qtr but he was running all over them that game. The secondary that game didnt do us any favors.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

So this is probably the fastest team that SDSU will play. Thats what I worry about is the speed of this game and the pace of their offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            Hopefully no injuries.

TCU 53
                            SDSU 10
                            Jeeze, we've only had one FBS game where we got boat raced like that vs Illinois. I sure hope it's not that ugly. If it is, I don't like the way the rest of the season is going to go. That season wasn't great at all.

Comment

Jeeze, we've only had one FBS game where we got boat raced like that vs Illinois. I sure hope it's not that ugly. If it is, I don't like the way the rest of the season is going to go. That season wasn't great at all.
                              Iowa State was as bad if not worse than Illinois if I recall.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X