2 QB system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 QB system?

Am I missing something with the redshirt of TC that has been discussed? He redshirted last year. It was pulled. There is no more redshirt option.

In my opinion, EI should take a look at Easton Schtick film from last year and steal some plays if TC is the man. I thought the Bizun use of his talents was very good. Though the OL needs to do their job to make them possible.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      Am I missing something with the redshirt of TC that has been discussed? He redshirted last year. It was pulled. There is no more redshirt option.

In my opinion, EI should take a look at Easton Schtick film from last year and steal some plays if TC is the man. I thought the Bizun use of his talents was very good. Though the OL needs to do their job to make them possible.
      If his redshirt was pulled, he didn't actually redshirt. I have no idea what the redshirt rules are going forward (as in, I've never heard of players redshirting as sophomores and don't even know if it's allowed), but as soon as a player plays, he's no longer considered having redshirted.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        If his redshirt was pulled, he didn't actually redshirt.
        No kidding. Well I learned something new on a Saturday morning.

Comment

Each athlete has a five year time frame to complete your four years of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            If his redshirt was pulled, he didn't actually redshirt. I have no idea what the redshirt rules are going forward (as in, I've never heard of players redshirting as sophomores and don't even know if it's allowed), but as soon as a player plays, he's no longer considered having redshirted.
            Correct, a student-athlete isn't officially redshirted until they have gone through the entire season without playing. When a coach says a player is redshirting, it's an informal declaration, not a binding one.

A student-athlete can take a redshirt anywhere within their 5 year window (only can participate in games for 4 of those), as it isn't just reserved for his or her freshman year.

One of biggest benefits of playing as a true freshman is that it leaves the option of a medical redshirt open in case of an early season-ending injury. Had the player taken a voluntary redshirt, the medical redshirt option is no longer available (redshirts are treated the same, regardless of reason, and you only get 1).

So basically, if a student-athlete gets injured in a season after redshirting, it's a lost year of eligibility and they won't get it back unless there are further injuries down the line for said player. If the player loses multiple years of eligibility due to injury, they can apply for a medical hardship (which is not the same as a medical redshirt), which would extend the 5 year window of participation to 6 if the NCAA accepts the application.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              Correct, a student-athlete isn't officially redshirted until they have gone through the entire season without playing. When a coach says a player is redshirting, it's an informal declaration, not a binding one.

A student-athlete can take a redshirt anywhere within their 5 year window (only can participate in games for 4 of those), as it isn't just reserved for his or her freshman year.

One of biggest benefits of playing as a true freshman is that it leaves the option of a medical redshirt open in case of an early season-ending injury. Had the player taken a voluntary redshirt, the medical redshirt option is no longer available (redshirts are treated the same, regardless of reason, and you only get 1).

So basically, if a student-athlete gets injured in a season after redshirting, it's a lost year of eligibility and they won't get it back unless there are further injuries down the line for said player. If the player loses multiple years of eligibility due to injury, they can apply for a medical hardship (which is not the same as a medical redshirt), which would extend the 5 year window of participation to 6 if the NCAA accepts the application.
              This is consistent with every thing I have read on this board, except maybe Seekamp situation which I will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                This is consistent with every thing I have read on this board, except maybe Seekamp situation which I will never understand.
                You have had some good ones, but that has to be your best post ever.

Comment

Seems a lot of track or cc take a redshirt later in their career.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Two days until we know what Stig and the crew will be doing against TCU.

Comment

• Re: 2 QB system?

My guess is Lujan will start the season. The offense put up a lot of points the 1st 3 games last year hopefully we can make that magic happen again.
                      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Nailed it! There always seems to be lots of confusion regarding redshirts and 5 years of eligibility, and hardships and the 6th year. To make it simple, you can redshirt at any time in your career, but it is generally your first year. You are trading what would have been your worst year of performance (year one) for what will most likely be your best year of performance (year five).

Comment

So wasn't today the day that a starter is supposed to be named? Any news?

Comment

I thought so as well. Radio silence from what I can tell. The QB breakdown has already been posted without any additional insight on who will be starting next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veNrekkwt4E

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                              I thought so as well. Radio silence from what I can tell. The QB breakdown has already been posted without any additional insight on who will be starting next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veNrekkwt4E
                              I'm glad to hear Eidsness say that they realize they need one guy to call their starter for the consistency of the offense. After hearing that, I don't care who gets the job, as long as we stick with him. My gut says they'll pick TC, hopefully we'll find out today.

Comment

One thing I found comical:
                                Listen to Stig's comment from Media Day. Right at 0:56 mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDKvUZc6-0
                                Now listen to what Eidsness says at the 4:23 mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veNrekkwt4E
                                At least we know our coaching staff has their talking points memorized!

Comment

Working...
                                X