2 QB system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2 QB system?

I'm good with this decision, but the minute that it's clear the best receiver in the FCS and Taryn are not on the same page....yes I'll be one looking for the hook in favor of Lujan who we know is on the same page as the best receiver in the FCS.

As much as I hate the idea of wasting a year of Taryn's career as a Jack, wasting a minute of Jake Wieneke's last two years is ten times worse.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Hopefully he can throw to Wieneke this year
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        I'm good with this decision, but the minute that it's clear the best receiver in the FCS and Taryn are not on the same page....yes I'll be one looking for the hook in favor of Lujan who we know is on the same page as the best receiver in the FCS.

As much as I hate the idea of wasting a year of Taryn's career as a Jack, wasting a minute of Jake Wieneke's last two years is ten times worse.
        IMO the best FCS receiver is Cooper Kupp, but I understand your arguement in regards to using Wieneke.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Jacked4Days; 08-25-2016, 10:53 PM.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

It's going to take more than just throwing to Jake to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            It's going to take more than just throwing to Jake to win games.
            It's worked pretty well the last two years.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
              IMO the best FCS receiver is Cooper Kupp, but I understand your agreement in regards to using Wieneke.

Kupp is definitely number one. Jake is definitely number two. There aren't any other FCS receivers like them. Kupp is a senior though, so, yay us.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                It's worked pretty well the last two years.
                I wanna aim a little higher than pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                  IMO the best FCS receiver is Cooper Kupp, but I understand your agreement in regards to using Wieneke.

I'll say that they are 1a/1b. If Jake played in the big fluffy I'd imagine he'd cause as much damage. Now I'd say Kupp would be good in the Valley but not nearly as productive...

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Keep banging that drum.
                    Oh I am not a pro-Nelson guy by any means, what I am saying is that SDSU is fortunate to have 3 people deep at the QB position. Injuries do happen and when they do the next guy is going to have to step up and act as though they were the starter. Watching Nelson in the spring game, he definitely can play if he has to. Lets hope he does not need to come into the game this year. TC is the most talented and as some have said, he has had his problems finding receivers. In fact in USD game last year he threw an interception to ironically the son of one of SDSU better players, JD Wessel. I have not watched every play of fall camp but the coaches have and they know who should start.

Comment

So your saying don't throw the ball to the 1b-2nd best wr in fcs as much?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Just saying it will take more than that 1 dimension to beat good teams consistantly is all.

Comment

I whole heartedly believe that we should use Wieneke as much as we possibly can. I just was pointing out that I believe Kupp is a better wide out. I had said before the decision that if Taryn was able to form a connection with Jake that he should be the guy. If not, it should be Lujan because of their chemistry. I believe that our offense will be at its most dangerous with Jake being the main guy.
                          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

It takes more than a star player to win games (especially in the MVFC.) Every NFL team has at least 1 star player, but some are a lot better than others. It's because the team as a whole works together to be great. Our defense last year didn't necessarily have national standout players, but they worked great together and were one of the best defenses in the country because of it. NDSU has certainly had standouts, but because of how the whole teams works together they have won 5 national championships. Star players are great to get your team's name out there and help your team succeed, but it means nothing if the rest of the team stinks.
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Kupp who I forgot is a EWU student, gets to show his wares at the Fargo Dome. This should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X