Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2 QB system?

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Stig has always had a strong love for upper-classmen and giving them the nod. My take on this is that TC must have been the clear cut standout to be named the starter. That or Stig has had one of the most major shifts in philosophy in his coaching career which could also be true.

Can't wait for some Jackrabbit football!!!

SUPERBUNNY

I think this philosophy may have changed somewhat after the T Kool/Z Zenner year...

loyalty but but only if it's even up competition

Comment

So how many plays into the TCU game before people are calling for Lujan?
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        So how many plays into the TCU game before people are calling for Lujan?
        Hopefully people have tempered expectations for TCU. That defense is nasty.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Congrats to Taryn for beating out an experienced senior and winning the starting job outright. That's an impressive accomplishment for a true sophomore.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I said this before. We could be talking about the youthful Nelson at QB in week 4. It just takes two injuries to make that happen. I am glad we have Lujan as back up and congrats to TC
            Last edited by Nidaros; 08-25-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I said this before. We could be talking about the youthful Nelson at QB in week 4. It just takes two injuries to make that happen. I glad we have Lujan as back up and congrats to TC
              I hope we don't need Nelson this year at all. Ideally he would red shirt this year, then back up TC for 2 years, and possibly step in as a Junior.

Comment

Tough and I think(using my line of thinking) good decision.

This way teams will have to prepare for Christion, who is more multi-faceted. (more things for them to prepare for).

If he has indeed, made strides in his decision making and reads... this makes the team harder to defend.

If he struggles, you know you have an experienced backup... who is a good passer. Who will be ready to play, and can come in cold and spark the passing game.

I do feel bad for Zach, but I applaud him and hope that he is ready to go, as we will need him at some point (maybe a few points?) during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

This way teams will have to prepare for Christion, who is more multi-faceted. (more things for them to prepare for).

If he has indeed, made strides in his decision making and reads... this makes the team harder to defend.

If he struggles, you know you have an experienced backup... who is a good passer. Who will be ready to play, and can come in cold and spark the passing game.

I do feel bad for Zach, but I applaud him and hope that he is ready to go, as we will need him at some point (maybe a few points?) during the season.
                  I agree and also like this decision. I hope to see the offense designed that gives TC the best chance to succeed. TC and Zach have very different skill sets and IMO require different schemes to be successful. You can't ask a race horse to pull a plow nor can you have a plow horse run a race.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    I agree and also like this decision. I hope to see the offense designed that gives TC the best chance to succeed. TC and Zach have very different skill sets and IMO require different schemes to be successful. You can't ask a race horse to pull a plow nor can you have a plow horse run a race.
                    This^. TC needs some wrinkles to be successful I think.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Lujan knows how that works. He was expecting to be the back up his Soph year after being with the team just a short while and all of a sudden at mizzu he is in as the #1 guy.

Its not the first time Stig has gone with the underclassman, Pretty sure Ryan Berry when he got the Nod was a soph and beat out 2 upperclassman....only difference was none of them were competing against last years starter to get it.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        I hope we don't need Nelson this year at all. Ideally he would red shirt this year, then back up TC for 2 years, and possibly step in as a Junior.
                        I would as well, a Lujan injury last year gave TC his break. What's to say we will not be down to third string Nelson by game 4? The odds are it will not happen, but Nelson could handle it if he has to.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I would as well, a Lujan injury last year gave TC his break. What's to say we will not be down to third string Nelson by game 4? The odds are it will not happen, but Nelson could handle it if he has to.
                          Keep banging that drum.

Comment

I think who this really helps the most is the O Line. The blocking changes big time between having a mobile guy behind you passing compared to an immobile guy. Switching back and forth would be difficult.

Comment

TC has the most upside no doubt. Now he must be a dual threat Qb and not just run or defenses will load the box like last year and it will get ugly. Pass as well as you run and the Jacks will be sccessful. Year two for TC must show improvement withpatients, ability to read the defense then make the right pass or pull the ball out on a read option. He struggled at times with this last year and just ran. The Jacks will need all three QBs to be ready as it is a long, tough season in the MVFC. The O line needs consistency more than ever for voice recognition, attitude and leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                                TC has the most upside no doubt. Now he must be a dual threat Qb and not just run or defenses will load the box like last year and it will get ugly. Pass as well as you run and the Jacks will be sccessful. Year two for TC must show improvement withpatients, ability to read the defense then make the right pass or pull the ball out on a read option. He struggled at times with this last year and just ran. The Jacks will need all three QBs to be ready as it is a long, tough season in the MVFC. The O line needs consistency more than ever for voice recognition, attitude and leadership.
                                Agree the TC needs to be a lot better throwing the ball. A lot of times last year fans on here were all about TC because he gained 5 yards on a scramble that Lujan wouldn't have. Well it's also a good possibility that Lujan would have completed a 15 yard pass on the same play because he was better at finding receivers.

No doubt TC will be improved this year. I have to trust the coaches made the right decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X