midco sports network...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midco sports network...

i have not subscribed to midco (except for phone and internet) since they have instituted their sports network. right now, i am subscribed with Directv and my contract is set to expire in a couple weeks. am giving serious thought to "bundling" with midco. i can save a few bucks, but, one of the main reasons it interests me is because of the midco sports network.

is it something a sd sports fan should give serious consideration?

Re: midco sports network...

The Midco Sports channel is enough to make me even consider looking at other options for providers. I've been with them for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      The Midco Sports channel is enough to make me even consider looking at other options for providers. I've been with them for years.
      You meant to say "is enough to make me NOT even consider looking at other options....." .Didn't you?

Comment

Oops. Correct. I'm a customer as long as they have that channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Oops. Correct. I'm a customer as long as they have that channel.
          Thanks ,....me too.Love Midco for the Jackrabbit sports the cover.

Comment

Pretty sure all their original programming is on their YouTube channel for those without midco. The only thing missing would probably be actual games if you don't get midco.

Comment

I love having the games. I even enjoy when they have USD games on and SDSU isn't playing.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I love having the games. I even enjoy when they have USD games on and SDSU isn't playing.
                Yeah, love my Midco Sports.

Comment

well, i just decided not to renew my contract with directv (ends on aug 16th). going with midco. of course, directv csr tried to pull out "all the stops" in trying to retain me. the one issue i thought i would mention is that he stated midco has had numerous complaints about internet speeds when bundling with midco. he stated that because midco uses the same line for internet, phone, and cable that internet speeds drop up to 40%. if true, that would be a significant drop for what one is paying for. anyone hear of these type of complaints? i just kind of rolled my eyes during the phone discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                    well, i just decided not to renew my contract with directv (ends on aug 16th). going with midco. of course, directv csr tried to pull out "all the stops" in trying to retain me. the one issue i thought i would mention is that he stated midco has had numerous complaints about internet speeds when bundling with midco. he stated that because midco uses the same line for internet, phone, and cable that internet speeds drop up to 40%. if true, that would be a significant drop for what one is paying for. anyone hear of these type of complaints? i just kind of rolled my eyes during the phone discussion.
                    I believe they are going to 1GB internet connections, and are rated a top provider. basically they were lying to you. http://www.reviews.com/internet-service-providers/

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                      i have not subscribed to midco (except for phone and internet) since they have instituted their sports network. right now, i am subscribed with Directv and my contract is set to expire in a couple weeks. am giving serious thought to "bundling" with midco. i can save a few bucks, but, one of the main reasons it interests me is because of the midco sports network.

is it something a sd sports fan should give serious consideration?
                      Midco is our provider and we bundle home phone, cable and internet. I pay too much for high def and have WAY too many channels but like to be able to watch sports in HD. Soon enough we won't need a home phone as all my kids with have cell phones.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree with JackMD but I am not smart enough to end the land-line even though my kids are out of the nest.

It seems I pay way too much for lots of HD TV channels I do not watch. However, Midco sports is a good value. We have a competing carrier in Watertown with prices similar to Midco's pricing but without Midco sports. I won't consider the competitor based on the absence of Midco sports programming.

Comment

Working...
                        X