Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Tailgating was great! I was impressed by the number of tailgaters in other lots. New alumni area was very nice and appeared to have a good crowd. Only negative... UPD walked through the student lot an hour or so into tailgating and id'd everyone. Most students left. Glad they came back for the game.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Tailgating was great! I was impressed by the number of tailgaters in other lots. New alumni area was very nice and appeared to have a good crowd. Only negative... UPD walked through the student lot an hour or so into tailgating and id'd everyone. Most students left. Glad they came back for the game.
      I agree that the students tailgating last year was out of hand and something needed to be done. However, I believe that they went to too far of an extreme. I love the location, games, food, and music, but the over regulation drove everyone away. Absolutely nobody was there because UPD was breathing down everyone's neck. The tailgating experience was ruined for the students and I don't think that was the right answer.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        I agree that the students tailgating last year was out of hand and something needed to be done. However, I believe that they went to too far of an extreme. I love the location, games, food, and music, but the over regulation drove everyone away. Absolutely nobody was there because UPD was breathing down everyone's neck. The tailgating experience was ruined for the students and I don't think that was the right answer.
        No UPD would never do that!
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Can you still fit into one of those?

I think so.....
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

When we went to the alumni tent we walked by and wondered where the students were. That makes sense. Upd seems to deal with student tailgating with an all or none approach. They need to get in the middle.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              When we went to the alumni tent we walked by and wondered where the students were. That makes sense. Upd seems to deal with student tailgating with an all or none approach. They need to get in the middle.
              A good number of them were at the same place they were last year - clogging up the main intersection in the Backyard. Nothing rowdy, but just standing around taking up space and blocking traffic.
              Last edited by bigticket1; 09-11-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Man UPD ruins everything. Who cares if kids are drinking. Just check the ones who are out of control.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  Man UPD ruins everything. Who cares if kids are drinking. Just check the ones who are out of control.
                  And how do you do that? A serious question. Its a social event and everyone is perhaps acting on the lighter side of life. Just how do you sort them out?

Comment

Could they have left because they did not qualify in terms of age? Why hang around those who are legally drinking when you can go some where else and tip a few illegal ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Could they have left because they did not qualify in terms of age? Why hang around those who are legally drinking when you can go some where else and tip a few illegal ones.
                      You really connected the dots on that one.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

You really connected the dots on that one.
                        Hey I was 13 the first time I got intoxicated. Not the old prude that some think I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          And how do you do that? A serious question. Its a social event and everyone is perhaps acting on the lighter side of life. Just how do you sort them out?
                          They don't need to be sorted out if they're not out of control.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Shame on SDSU and UPD and their attempts to curb underage drinking. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              Shame on SDSU and UPD and their attempts to curb underage drinking. Shame! Shame! Shame!
                              The student tailgate isn't set up as a way for UPD to give out minors.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                The student tailgate isn't set up as a way for UPD to give out minors.
                                Citations? A wise student would stay clear of arm band areas if not of age. But that's an ideal world.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 09-12-2016, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X