Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

The petition drive does make me giggle; on the other hand 1745 have "signed" it as of just now when I looked. That's a significant number and shouldn't be overlooked or dismissed so easily. All of you seem to want the students to fill the stands up, and stay for the whole game. All of us, actually, you can count me in that list. However a large number of posters here want the students to do so on the posters' terms rather than the students.

The students are telling us what they want. Some don't seem to be able to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
      The petition drive does make me giggle; on the other hand 1745 have "signed" it as of just now when I looked. That's a significant number and shouldn't be overlooked or dismissed so easily. All of you seem to want the students to fill the stands up, and stay for the whole game. All of us, actually, you can count me in that list. However a large number of posters here want the students to do so on the posters' terms rather than the students.

The students are telling us what they want. Some don't seem to be able to listen.
      A high % of students have left after halftime even when the old tailgating policies were in place.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        A high % of students have left after halftime even when the old tailgating policies were in place.
        Bigger fish to fry, they just don't value their activities fees.

Comment

No. Many students seem to want a life without consequences. Many of the posters here (myself included) drank before we were of age. Many of us (myself included) drank a lot. However, when I did that I knew there could be consequences for my behavior. I did get one underage while in college. It did not occur to me to blame the police, SDSU, the judge, the athletic department, or anyone besides myself. I certainly never thought to appeal to the governor for permission to break the law. I knew that drinking underage was against the law and didn't expect anyone to make an exception for me. It is not a right as a college student to drink alcohol. I am embarrassed that SDSU students are dumb enough to sign such a petition, much less create it.

There is one solution to the student's complaints that is obvious to anyone who witnessed the happenings at last year's tailgate: show up in large numbers and you can do whatever you want. Create a mob, and you will be left alone. This is true at many tailgates for larger schools where tailgating is "fun" and football is king. Show up and get your fellow students to show up. Over-policing complaints will disappear.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Problem is, what they want is illegal.

Back in the day, there was no tailgating. We wanted to drink. No one listened.

We figured out ways to get what we wanted. Went to the games. Had fun. And then left (yeah, probably early on occasion). And had more fun.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I hope the hang wringing and pouting about not being able to drink subsides a little bit and the students show up to support a football team that is extremely talented & exciting to watch.

Oh yeah, they just beat the number 1 team in the nation as well.

Comment

There will be plenty of students there. It sounds like the NDSU win has reignited some enthusiasm.

Side note: If anyone poster is looking for a spot to get some food and drink, we will have plenty of chislic at "The Still Hares"! Stop on by and introduce yourself.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

• Tailgating

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  There will be plenty of students there. It sounds like the NDSU win has reignited some enthusiasm.

Side note: If anyone poster is looking for a spot to get some food and drink, we will have plenty of chislic at "The Still Hares"! Stop on by and introduce yourself.
                  Anyone but SDSUFans Administrators. You're all buzzkills! I kid, I kid. Come visit and eat chislic.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    Problem is, what they want is illegal.

Back in the day, there was no tailgating. We wanted to drink. No one listened.

We figured out ways to get what we wanted. Went to the games. Had fun. And then left (yeah, probably early on occasion). And had more fun.
                    A small group of us would huddle up north of the stadium by the pine trees and carefully consume beverages that were not legal for teenagers. It was usually 9 am and in the pre-global warming era so it was cold. I don't think myself or the other 42 students in attendance every saw the start of the 4th quarter. FB was WAY DIFFERENT at SDSU back then.

EGrant you this, I started at SDSU in 1991, that's right, the year after the infamous Hobo Day riot. Many of the kids on campus probably have no idea how crazy it got in 1990. It could have been much worse.

http://www.ksfy.com/home/headlines/A...334885801.html
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This was my first tailgating experience at SDSU as our family has been away far too long from a game day. I have to say my wife and I were very impressed! The atmosphere was fantastic, the food and beverage were exceptional, and reconnecting with old friends was why we came.

I also noticed that the tailgating area was secure without being overdone. We had roughly a dozen college students in our area and none of them had wristbands. They commented that the lines to get them were too long so they entered thru a different gate. Nobody ever questioned them in our area even though we routinely saw security. As my friend stated during a discussion about the college students hanging out with us, "it is the perfect atmosphere for kids to connect with their alumni parents and develop a long term relationship with the university and game day event." His belief is that this cultivates lifelong fan support as the kids have a great time hanging out with responsible adults during game day. That family bond will generate future ticket sales and alumni donations.

As I said earlier, my wife and I have not been back for a football game in years. Too far away with too many commitments. This event was amazing and we are already looking for our next opportunity to come back. For sure basketball season and possibly the Missouri State game. The bottom line is that the campus is simply beautiful, the crowd was awesome, and all of the campus facilities were far better than when we were last on campus just four years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X