Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I'm sorry I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but can you edit this again so it makes some sort of sense. I kind of get what you are saying, and I see you were typing on your phone and we all do that very fast. I think you yadda yadda'd the best part and are missing a sentence or two. She was relieved you had made your opinion based off of this thread? So, she's reading this thread? How do you tailgate? You don't have a lot? There's a paragraph missing in the story.
    No offense taken thank you, was typed while in bed. I'll fix when I have a second

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      That's a pretty ridiculous statement. Personally I don't have a tailgate lot now due to where I am in my career, but I plan on it in the future. And growing up a Packers fan and being lucky enough to attend several games growing up, tailgating is almost as big of a part of the experience as the game. I know guys who go to Lambeau every home game whether they could get tickets or not. Attitudes like this don't grow the fanbase, which we need. It baffles me that one of our fans would tell another they should stop showing up without there being a legitimate reason like non stop negativity about the team instead of an issue about a tailgate spot they spent money on as a part of their support of the team.
      Have you read this thread? Thee Catrabbit is still so upset he/she still can't call or email the athletic department and posting such things as F*#$ SDSU. Doesn't seem terribly healthy to me.

I was being a little sarcastic with the quitting comment but a call to the athletic department to get clarification from the horses mouth would be a good step. Maybe they can address his concerns and accommodate his requests somehow. Contrary to popular belief, they want to grow the fan base so I'm guessing they will do everything they can to help.

Comment

Fixed my earlier post hopefully it's clearer now.
        Last edited by slosho; 08-17-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Contacted the ticket office today (for an unrelated issue) and this issue came up. The person I spoke to was Adamant that they have fielded many opinions from people upset about the changes.
          She then went on to ask me what specifically were my concerns.

Of which I informed her My concerns I had formed from this thread But also the offical tailgating policy contained which was copied and posted to this thread (because somebody I think filbert or JackJD posted the new policy) she was Also very relieved to hear that'concern stemmed from The offical policy and not hearsay. We discussed the changes and she reassured me that tailgating in the manner my group did will remain unchanged. We do not reserve a spot but put a pop-up in the gravel lot. She and I also discuses how the issues from last year had to be addressed. I also impressed how we (SDSU supporters and admin) should do every thing in our power not to diminish the game day experience and keep costs low for those on a tighter budget. She agreed and stated they have the same objective for game-day experience. She stated the wrist-banding was targeted to age groups and would not be an issue for our group.
          I do sympathise however with those who affronted the money for spots only to have the rules changed after the fact.

My long-winded post is to suggest that calling in And expressing specific concerns may be a positive experience for others.

I apologize for the orginal post's lack of clarity it was late at night I was in bed and about to fall asleep. Edits in Bold Italics.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
          Reading this, seems like it's safe to assume that the wrist bands will be for the 21-30 age group

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            Reading this, seems like it's safe to assume that the wrist bands will be for the 21-30 age group
            Seems reasonable. Can't blame the administration for trying to curb underage drinking. Imagine the lawsuit if some minor got trashed at a tailgate and crashed their car killing themselves and/or others and SDSU hadn't taken any steps to at least try to stop minors from drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Seems reasonable. Can't blame the administration for trying to curb underage drinking. Imagine the lawsuit if some minor got trashed at a tailgate and crashed their car killing themselves and/or others and SDSU hadn't taken any steps to at least try to stop minors from drinking.
              This is so stupid but you're probably correct.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                I used to live in Columbus Nebraska, and one Saturday in 1990 I started early Saturday for my 240 mile drive to Brookings. The weather was bad and I got as far as Vermillion and had to get a room at the Super 8. I was wearing an SDSU shirt and the motel lady starting asking me about the riot that had taken place in Brookings earlier that year and she made a bunch of jokes about SDSU. I was about tell her to forget the room, but with the weather not getting better outside, I put up with her stupid remarks. Seems like everywhere that year we heard nothing but stupid stuff about SDSU and our rioting students. It was just a handful that were prosecuted. This was not a good year for the SDSU image, and its something, I would rather not experience again.

So yes Montana Rabbit is right about lawsuits and bad things happening at SDSU. We just dont need this kind of publicity and I realize that most of you on this board are good and responsible people, but you are representatives of SDSU. I trust everyone will be on your best behavior and still have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I agree but in this day and age everyone is looking to blame someone whether it makes sense or not. There just isn't a lot of accountability for actions any more.

In my hypothetical situation that minor made the decision to drink, that minor made the decision to drive but SDSU provided the location. Seems dumb but if a lawsuit was filed SDSU would be at the top of the list mainly because they have the deepest pockets.

Comment

I usually tailgate with friends in the HPER lot. About an hour or so before the game, we would walk to the backyard and walk up and down the roads. Pretty much every time we'd run into people we knew in the tailgate spots there, or in the sponsor tents or wherever. I just hope that's still a thing that we're allowed to do.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The below email went out to Student Organization Presidents and Advisors last night.

"Good evening SDSU Group Presidents and Advisors.

We are very excited to begin the fall semester and bring the energy (students) back to campus! With assistance from President Dunn and our Athletic Director, Justin Sell, we are excited to announce the Rabbit Den Tailgate!

This tailgate lot is open and reserved for SDSU Students, and will be located directly north of Frost Arena (see photo below). This lot allow's the consumption of alcohol for individuals 21 and over. We are really excited about this location as it is one of the closest lots to the student entrance.

As an SDSU Organization, we are extending the invitation to make this tailgate lot your own! We are encouraging you and your group members to grill, play games, and drink (responsibly) in this area. There will be a portion of the Wellness Green that will be dedicated to students as well, so you get the best of both worlds, grass and asphalt.

Here's where the fun part comes in. The group that brings the most individuals to our 6 home football games will receive a donation from SDSU Athletics! We love your enthusiasm and love for the Jackrabbits and we want to give back. There will be a table inside the student entrance where your group members can check-in for each game, and at the end of the season we will name our winner.

We will also be hosting Minute-to-Win-it games each week at the tailgate lot. Students can sign up and be chosen to compete for gift cards to the University Bookstore and other great places around Brookings!

I would love to meet with as many groups as possible regarding questions or concerns with this tailgate lot. If you have interest in setting up a tailgate spot, please contact Jonathan Treiber at jonathan.treiber@sdstate.edu.

Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks"
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        The below email went out to Student Organization Presidents and Advisors last night.

"Good evening SDSU Group Presidents and Advisors.

We are very excited to begin the fall semester and bring the energy (students) back to campus! With assistance from President Dunn and our Athletic Director, Justin Sell, we are excited to announce the Rabbit Den Tailgate!

This tailgate lot is open and reserved for SDSU Students, and will be located directly north of Frost Arena (see photo below). This lot allow's the consumption of alcohol for individuals 21 and over. We are really excited about this location as it is one of the closest lots to the student entrance.

As an SDSU Organization, we are extending the invitation to make this tailgate lot your own! We are encouraging you and your group members to grill, play games, and drink (responsibly) in this area. There will be a portion of the Wellness Green that will be dedicated to students as well, so you get the best of both worlds, grass and asphalt.

Here's where the fun part comes in. The group that brings the most individuals to our 6 home football games will receive a donation from SDSU Athletics! We love your enthusiasm and love for the Jackrabbits and we want to give back. There will be a table inside the student entrance where your group members can check-in for each game, and at the end of the season we will name our winner.

We will also be hosting Minute-to-Win-it games each week at the tailgate lot. Students can sign up and be chosen to compete for gift cards to the University Bookstore and other great places around Brookings!

I would love to meet with as many groups as possible regarding questions or concerns with this tailgate lot. If you have interest in setting up a tailgate spot, please contact Jonathan Treiber at jonathan.treiber@sdstate.edu.

Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks"
                        Well, they have a plan! Hopefully the students will participate and make it a great place to tailgate before games.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Love it! This plan gives the student lot the best opportunity to succeed and keep students from overrunning the rest IMO. Really like how they put up the donation to give the student groups incentive to be behind this. Should tie in well with the student March they started last year
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Just got an email saying the Alumni Tent has moved to a grass area north of the library. This seems like a really strange move. JackJD, are you still on the board? If so, what's going on?
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Just got an email saying the Alumni Tent has moved to a grass area north of the library. This seems like a really strange move. JackJD, are you still on the board? If so, what's going on?
                              I saw that too. A reaction to the tailgating issues last year? If so, either they didn't know about the new student tailgating area or they don't have faith that it will calm things down in the normal lot. Either way, good luck getting many people to show up in that spot.

Comment

I think it might be a move because of the new tailgating rules. I know when I was a student, we were told that present students were always welcome in the alumni tent. I'm assuming they moved it so that no one could go to the Backyard and say they were just going to the alumni tent and then just loiter around. Totally all a guess, though.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X