Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
    I feel this could be a good way to grow the tailgating crowd.
    Haven't you been reading this thread?! We don't want more tailgaters, we want wayyyy less! Ideally, if we drive out enough people and eliminate pretty much all of the fun, it should be almost like a library setting. Students could come out there and study. In fact, let's just move tailgating into the library, then people will have to be quiet and behave.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Haven't you been reading this thread?! We don't want more tailgaters, we want wayyyy less! Ideally, if we drive out enough people and eliminate pretty much all of the fun, it should be almost like a library setting. Students could come out there and study. In fact, let's just move tailgating into the library, then people will have to be quiet and behave.

Let me guess you were one of the people who thought throwing full cans of beer into the air last year was promoting a fun and safe enviroment? I'm no prude either, but moving my 75+ parents out of the way of flying beers was scary for them and me and there is absolutely no place for it!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Let me guess you were one of the people who thought throwing full cans of beer into the air last year was promoting a fun and safe enviroment? I'm no prude either, but moving my 75+ parents out of the way of flying beers was scary for them and me and there is absolutely no place for it!
        No, I was not. As I have stated in other posts, I am all for getting rid of the mobs of students that end up doing dumb things due to mob mentality. Also, my post was obviously satirical. Move along.

Comment

No, I was not. As I have stated in other posts, I am all for getting rid of the mobs of students that end up doing dumb things due to mob mentality. Also, my post was obviously satirical. Move along.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...=throwing+beer
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
            Also, they should have some food options. Food trucks would be great, or some concession areas in the backyard. I would think they could make a good deal on concessions before the game even started.

It would be nice if they could provide tailgating spots for rent on a game by game basis. Equip it with a seating, a cooler, table, grill, and have a "menu" of tailgating options that can be available or allow them to bring their own. I think a lot of people would be interested in tailgating, but maybe don't have the setup or can't do it the entire season. I feel this could be a good way to grow the tailgating crowd.
            This isn't a county fair, it's tailgating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              This isn't a county fair, it's tailgating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Are you sure about that? I seem to recall seeing some penned up cattle near the stadium on several occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                I'm not a prude but I've witnessed far too many young people who were absolutely drunk in the tailgate area. Many go to the tailgate area with the idea of getting drunk. They embarrassed themselves and don't shed a positive light on the whole idea of tailgating. The university is wise to get a handle on the situation now and not wait for an ugly incident to prompt a major change.
                Exactly. It got way out of hand on at least 2 instances last year. Here's how it's going to work....tailgating will continue with the new rules and there won't be another incident like last years......or there will be and tailgating will likely cease to exist as we have known it the last 10 years.

I'd prefer the former over the latter.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

All I can say is the board is alive and well, dont really have a dog in this fight. Some of the characterizations of some of last years events make me appreciate getting a bag of Nicks Hamburgers and heading for my seat to enjoy the game. But what the Hel% I am old and need an elevator to get to my seat. Have fun guys, I learning.

Comment

Your link goes to the wrong page. Regardless, I know the post you are referring to. I said in that post that it was dangerous, however, was it cool to see? Yes. Do I think that they should try to prevent things like this from happening in the future? Yes. My recent satirical post was only in reference to people trying to go too far with regulating tailgating.

Comment

Your link goes to the wrong page. Regardless, I know the post you are referring to. I said in that post that it was dangerous, however, was it cool to see? Yes. Do I think that they should try to prevent things like this from happening in the future? Yes. My recent satirical post was only in reference to people trying to go too far with regulating tailgating.
                      Goes to the right page for me. I'd direct you to posts #518 and #520 on that linked thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Goes to the right page for me. I'd direct you to posts #518 and #520 on that linked thread.
                        Not CappinHard finest moment by any means, but we all say things we later regret.

Comment

If your driving by sometime take a look at the tailgate lot and you will see how tiny that spot is. I would agree more areas around campus or town need to be set up but some how I'm doubting all will be happy. I'm not so sure the new parking plan may cause some indigestion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            If your driving by sometime take a look at the tailgate lot and you will see how tiny that spot is. I would agree more areas around campus or town need to be set up but some how I'm doubting all will be happy. I'm not so sure the new parking plan may cause some indigestion as well.
                            Whats with the parking plan? different from most years or what?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

lol Cappin that's about right. Let's let a few bad apples turn tailgating into a church picnic. If everyone continues to complain there will be more and more rules and that's where it's headed.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                                Tailgating at Iowa is a completely different experience. A lot of the tailgating is done in the neighborhoods surrounding Kinnick. The on campus/lot tailgating is also spread out over multiple lots. There is also a large police force cracking down on open containers and public intox over the past 3 years.

If you think throwing full, or even empty cans, of beer in the air, in a crowd is acceptable, I would prefer you don't show up to a SDSU game.

If the students continue to cause problems, UPD and BPD will need to start a crack down. Some alumni will probably get swept up in the sting (for lack of a better word), but what I saw at Hobo Day last year is unacceptable.

It would be good for the Student association to get one or two lots on the outer edge of the backyard. That would give students access to the backyard, and might keep them in one area and away from the 'paying' customers (student association should pay something for those lots).
                                I tailgated at a USD football game last year with no issues as well and less rules to boot. I didn't have to drink out of a plastic cup and everyone was having a good time. More rules = less fun and you might as well stay home. The older crown should have their own quiet little area with puppies and kitties and church music and let the younger crowd have some fun in their own area. My opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X