No announcement yet.

Summit WBB recruiting (other than SDSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit WBB recruiting (other than SDSU)

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
    I think that Omaha might put up a good fight in coming years. They only lost one senior who wasn't a key contributor and they had three transfers sitting the bench last year. I think it was two from Wichita and one from Texas Tech. With Summit League's leading scorer and their center who was on all newcomer team. And Brecht from SF. They've got some good talent. At this point I would rank them preseason #2
    I happened to be surfing the web and noticed that Omaha's good freshman post Caroline Hogue has transferred. This is a big hit to UNO as she was a very solid inside presence for them, especially for someone who was only 6'0".

http://www.omaha.com/uno/uno-center-...076d81a57.html

Sorry that this is a little off the post topic...

Re: 2017 recruits

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    I happened to be surfing the web and noticed that Omaha's good freshman post Caroline Hogue has transferred. This is a big hit to UNO as she was a very solid inside presence for them, especially for someone who was only 6'0".

Yes,that's a shocker after her excellent start as a freshman,being selected to the all -newcommer team and all.Surprised she dropped down to Div -2 ,she's going to be a heck of a player at the Div-2 level.Omaha did pick up the Big Ten transfer,but she'll be sitting out next season I suppose. Omaha and Lange are stepping up and finding good solid players.They are working thetr way up the ladder.Good for them,good for the League.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

"Caroline is very homesick," Lange said. "She's going to go back to her hometown and play at a smaller school. We are in full support and still remain really close with her and her family."

understandable--------it happens.

Comment

Wish we could have a thread about WBB recruiting on BV...we are light years behind in that sport.

I don't know much about this sport but is SDSU having a good year getting who they want?
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          Wish we could have a thread about WBB recruiting on BV...we are light years behind in that sport.

I don't know much about this sport but is SDSU having a good year getting who they want?
          It would be nice to see NDSU get a full roster.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            It would be nice to see NDSU get a full roster.
            I agree..it's an embarrassment
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

The Bison had a pretty good recruiting year themselves,I think.
              Believe this when I see it, but I hope so

DII days were good but it's one sport that didn't follow suit...
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                Believe this when I see it, but I hope so

DII days were good but it's one sport that didn't follow suit...
                Walseth (sp?)has invested a lot of the next four years on the Freshman class by signing up six players, assuming they all stick around the whole four years, so they better be good and impact the program within a couple years.

That's recruiting though,got to take advantage of opportunities because ,once passed over, they are gone forever and all that comes afterwards is either regret or satisfaction, depending how it all works out in the greater scheme of things.

Next years class will be just as important, following up such a large class.The Bison should move up in the standings next year I'd guess.

Comment

Ft Wayne's Niecee Nelson has had a busy year. She has 6 new faces for the Mastodons. 5 completed the NLI yesterday. Only 1 is a transfer that will sit a year. We will watch if the Mastodons pass the Bison next year.
                  http://www.gomastodons.com/news/2017...BB_041217.aspx
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Re: Summit WBB recruiting (other than SDSU)

You see a lot more players from overseas,even filtering down to the mid-major level.I wonder if it's because they might be a little easier to get .The Pot to choose from in the US,although much larger, has been scrutinized ,analyzed,picked apart with the most talented ID'd and stored in the data base since these players were in the 8th grade.The P-5 skims off the cream that has risen to the top,leaving the rest to select from the best of the rest.It's pretty much a recruiting machine for the P-5 to remain on top and in control of their own destiney.

That said,it makes recruiting a real challenge for mid-majors and AJ and staff do a tremendous job for our women's basketball program at SDSU.I look at the recruits we sign and overall they are all pretty darned good basketball players.If we continue to select the right combination of players who can really bring out the best in each other,it's only a matter of time before it all comes together in the NCAA Tournament.We've been on the cusp of a sweet 16 for quite awhile now,it's coming soon,I hope.Keeping up the good fight and continuing to slug it out against the best....one only gets better,right?

Comment

Working...
                    X