Tonoia Wade Gone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tonoia Wade Gone ?

Had some roster shake up last year (Stevens) and were able to add Viso. Maybe AJ has something up his sleeve yet for another transfer - gotta think there are still a number of players looking for homes this fall.

Comment

I'll guess that Stevens will get Wade's scholarship. Is Stevens appealing that she has to sit out this coming season? She sat out last year after transferring to San Diego, then transferred back to SDSU.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        I'll guess that Stevens will get Wade's scholarship. Is Stevens appealing that she has to sit out this coming season? She sat out last year after transferring to San Diego, then transferred back to SDSU.
        Not sure on what grounds she could appeal. She was on San Diego's roster and I believe she practiced with their team while red-shirting.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
          A former player told me a few weeks ago Mieras tore her ACL and is out for the next year. Wade leaving concerns me even more now as we really could've used the depth she would've brought. I trust AJ to make things work but it'll certainly be more of a challenge now.
          Have we officially heard how severe Mieras' knee injury is ? In Zimmer's blog today about Wade leaving, AJ is quoted as saying he expects Mieras and the two incoming freshmen to pick up the minutes. And the womens BB twitter page yesterday posted pictures from the weight room and Mieras was riding a stationary bike. Not likely she could be expected to play this year if she tore her ACL.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Not sure on what grounds she could appeal. She was on San Diego's roster and I believe she practiced with their team while red-shirting.
            She needs to create an amendment to, and then evoke the aussie rule. You don’t have to sit out a year if you transfer back to your original school after sitting out a year transferring already.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Have we officially heard how severe Mieras' knee injury is ? In Zimmer's blog today about Wade leaving, AJ is quoted as saying he expects Mieras and the two incoming freshmen to pick up the minutes. And the womens BB twitter page yesterday posted pictures from the weight room and Mieras was riding a stationary bike. Not likely she could be expected to play this year if she tore her ACL.
              I was just stating what this former player told me but nothing official has been stated in the news that I've come across. AJ's comment sounds way more optimistic which is good. We'll see what happens down the road.

Comment

Mieras doesn't appear to have a brace on in this picture taken today

https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB

SDSU.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  I just read a post on Rebkells that referred to a player,Mikala Mcghee,who played two seasons at Missouri State and then transferred to George Mason last season.She did not play for the Patriots and the poster said she will be eligible to play for FGCU this season as a Red Shirt Junior. This is just about the exact same scenario that Chynna Stevens has gone through.I'm thinking maybe Chynna might also be eligible to play next year too,since she didn't play any games for the University of San Diego in her transfer season.This is purely speculative and depends upon whether or not this posters assumptions are indeed correct.
                  The post I read was posted on 6/24/2016 in the thread Rebkell's Junkie boards forum index >NCAA Womens Basketball - General Discussion > 2016-2017 Transfers/Injuries/Attrition 5:56 PM.If anyone would like to look for themselves.Here's the web site link
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-25-2016, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I just read a post on Rebkells that referred to a player,Mikala Mcghee,who played two seasons at Missouri State and then transferred to George Mason last season.She did not play for the Patriots and the poster said she will be eligible to play for FGCU this season as a Red Shirt Junior. This is just about the exact same scenario that Chynna Stevens has gone through.I'm thinking maybe Chynna might also be eligible to play next year too,since she didn't play any games for the University of San Diego in her transfer season.This is purely speculative and depends upon whether or not this posters assumptions are indeed correct.
                    The post I read was posted on 6/24/2016 in the thread Rebkell's Junkie boards forum index >NCAA Womens Basketball - General Discussion > 2016-2017 Transfers/Injuries/Attrition 5:56 PM.If anyone would like to look for themselves.Here's the web site link
                    I think it also comes down to how many practices you participated in during the year. From my understanding Chynna practiced the entire year with USD.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      McGhee transferred to George Mason for the 14-15 Season (sat out due to transfer rules) doesn't look like she played basketball this past season (15-16 Season).
                      http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209518090

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        McGhee transferred to George Mason for the 14-15 Season (sat out due to transfer rules) doesn't look like she played basketball this past season (15-16 Season).
                        http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209518090
                        Thanks,this isn't like Chynna's situation after all then.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Wade would have been great (if she was "happy to be here"), but we're certainly still in very good shape in spite of her loss.

We had either the first or second best team in SDSU history last year and did not lose a single starter. Seven or eight players that saw decent minutes last year will be back (and should all be improved). Add a quality freshman (which we have every year) and you are ready to roll. If they stay healthy, I expect that they can still hang around the edge of the top-25 (if not better).
                          Or maybe the 3rd best. 2003 team that won d2 championship and first year in the ncaa tourney with Warkentein and company both went 32-3. That 2003 team definitely could have won consistently playing a full D1 schedule.

Comment

Has anyone heard where Wade has gone? Is she playing basketball at a lower level?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              Has anyone heard where Wade has gone? Is she playing basketball at a lower level?
                              Her Twitter acct is on Google. Looks like she is a Gopher red
                              shirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Her Twitter acct is on Google. Looks like she is a Gopher red
                                shirt?
                                R jr then,she played 1 yr ,sat out yr,has to sit another yr, 2 yrs remaining on her 5yrs to play four years eligibility rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X