Tonoia Wade Gone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonoia Wade Gone ?

Noticed that in some pictures of the team that have been posted on Twitter since they returned to campus that Wade was not included, Checked the new roster and she is no longer listed. If she transferred, she's going to lose a year of eligibility since she redshirted last season.

Re: Tonoia Wade Gone ?

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Noticed that in some pictures of the team that have been posted on Twitter since they returned to campus that Wade was not included, Checked the new roster and she is no longer listed. If she transferred, she's going to lose a year of eligibility since she redshirted last season.
    Yeah... she gone. Hasn't signed anywhere yet but has it narrowed to a couple different schools. Brookings/SDSU was too small for her tastes.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

As was discussed during the Summit tournament, her body language on the bench didn't seem to show much enthusiasm. But it was impossible to tell if that was just her personality, or if she had already checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        As was discussed during the Summit tournament, her body language on the bench didn't seem to show much enthusiasm. But it was impossible to tell if that was just her personality, or if she had already checked out.
        This is what I thought as well. Too bad.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Certainly a blow from a depth stand point...but could very well be addition by subtraction. Wish her the best at her next stop. Outside of the starting 5 and Lexi, there are a lot of question marks. Who's gonna step up and be a consistent contributor? We shall see...
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

She definitely did not seem to be enjoying herself on the bench in during another fun tournament in Sioux Falls. It might be best to have her scholarship available for one that would.

Comment

Help me out here, is she the Center that transferred here from St. John's?

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Help me out here, is she the Center that transferred here from St. John's?

SUPERBUNNY
                Forward from St. Johns. Originally from Minnesota.
                http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?r...28&path=wbball

Comment

That's two who have red shirted and we haven't seen play even one minute of basketball in a Jackrabbit uniform the other being Kaitlyn Severyn who transferred right away after her RS year to USD (at least she'll still be in the Summit). Glad Chynna will most likely get a scholarship now,I believe.We will still be maxed out for the roster,so not too bad that this happened at this point in time .I'll have to see if she gets settled in somewhere where she can feel comfortable and wish her the best.Sometimes things just don't work out and people move on ,understandable.

Comment

That's unfortunate. It will be interesting to see where she ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Certainly a blow from a depth stand point...but could very well be addition by subtraction. Wish her the best at her next stop. Outside of the starting 5 and Lexi, there are a lot of question marks. Who's gonna step up and be a consistent contributor? We shall see...
                      According to minutes played last year,after Alexander,the next three are Palmer (So),Flaata (Jr),Mieras (So)Their roles might be expanded.Then there's Chynna (I'm sure she'll play a lot) and Graettinger (who they mentioned would have contributed last year,if it were not for her injuries) .Then Viso,and the true Freshmen recruits Bultsma and Tracy(how fast they develop) Larson will be sitting out do to the transfer rule.

AJ typically develops players quite a bit during the regular and some non-conference games.So,we look pretty good in my opinion.Looking forward to watching all these talented ladies play,should be a fun season.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        According to minutes played last year,after Alexander,the next three are Palmer (So),Flaata (Jr),Mieras (So)Their roles might be expanded.Then there's Chynna (I'm sure she'll play a lot) and Graettinger (who they mentioned would have contributed last year,if it were not for her injuries) .Then Viso,and the true Freshmen recruits Bultsma and Tracy(how fast they develop) Larson will be sitting out do to the transfer rule.

AJ typically develops players quite a bit during the regular and some non-conference games.So,we look pretty good in my opinion.Looking forward to watching all these talented ladies play,should be a fun season.
                        Chynna has to sit out a year.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Chynna has to sit out a year.
                          Yes,forgot that,thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

A former player told me a few weeks ago Mieras tore her ACL and is out for the next year. Wade leaving concerns me even more now as we really could've used the depth she would've brought. I trust AJ to make things work but it'll certainly be more of a challenge now.

Comment

A 4-Star recruit who never seemed to gain traction at St. Johns and now SDSU. It's her education that is the most important, anyway. Hope that happens and that she finds her basketball self. In HS, it appeared that she could play anywhere she wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                              X