Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Season Predictions

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Anyone know where you can get an MP3 of that song?

SUPERBUNNY
    Try this.

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/get?video...553bae&s=34248

If it doesn't work, just go to http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ and past the link in.

Just to avoid the comments, no, I don't regularly pirate of songs off of youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Agreed with 7-4 and the playoffs. Only thing I might switch would be UNI as a W (seems like we just find a way to beat them every year) and add some loss in there that absolutely shouldn't happen. Maybe Youngstown or Southern Illinois.
      With our shiny new stadium and indoor practice facility I'm not sure why anyone is predicting more than 1 loss (TCU). I mean that's what this program was missing right? We couldn't be expected to compete previously because our facilities were crap.

Comment

At 8-3, with losses @TCU, @NDSU, @UNI, Jacks would be perfect in their shiny new Dana Dykhouse Stadium.

Comment

2016 Season Predictions

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          With our shiny new stadium and indoor practice facility I'm not sure why anyone is predicting more than 1 loss (TCU). I mean that's what this program was missing right? We couldn't be expected to compete previously because our facilities were crap.
          I know you're being sarcastic here but after a couple years of it being built and available during recruiting I will expect to be able to start having high expectations like that. With what the program accomplished with what they had, the ceiling absolutely has gotten MUCH higher.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Good write up and prediction here on thefcswedge.com

http://thefcswedge.com/conference-pr...-dakota-state/

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Good write up and prediction here on thefcswedge.com

http://thefcswedge.com/conference-pr...-dakota-state/
              Very good write up. There are no truer words than this quote from the article: "As a UNI fan I can attest, firsthand, to the old saying of “If you have two quarterbacks you have none”."

I am completely in step with his W/L prediction, and I agree that it would be a shame if the new house doesn't host a playoff game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                There are no truer words than this quote from the article: "As a UNI fan I can attest, firsthand, to the old saying of “If you have two quarterbacks you have none”."
                Well then I'll take having "none" QBs. Worked out pretty well last year against USD.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  Well then I'll take having "none" QBs. Worked out pretty well last year against USD.
                  Right, because you know definitively that if TC stayed in that game, there's no way we would have come back. Not only that, but people seem to place that win solely on Lujan's shoulders, and they forget how huge the defense came up to get us back into that game.

Comment

Very good write up. There are no truer words than this quote from the article: "As a UNI fan I can attest, firsthand, to the old saying of “If you have two quarterbacks you have none”."

I am completely in step with his W/L prediction, and I agree that it would be a shame if the new house doesn't host a playoff game this year.
                    I agree, though I think it was worse for UNI because their system didn't work great with the qbs they had.

Comment

Also the wedge is doing a write up on most teams in FCS, good place to go to get a feel on the rest of the division

Comment

Right, because you know definitively that if TC stayed in that game, there's no way we would have come back. Not only that, but people seem to place that win solely on Lujan's shoulders, and they forget how huge the defense came up to get us back into that game.
                        (shoulder shrug) I'm just working with the facts. Lujan came in for TC and led us to victory when TC was struggling. If you'd like to debate that, have at it.

We have 2 QBs that are more than capable. I don't think that qualifies as having "none". I'm pretty sure Brian Kelly would tell you the same if you asked him about the QB competition between Kizer and Zaire in South Bend.

Now if you asked me about Sanchez and Siemian being listed as co-starters for the Broncos.....................

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          (shoulder shrug) I'm just working with the facts. Lujan came in for TC and led us to victory when TC was struggling. If you'd like to debate that, have at it.

We have 2 QBs that are more than capable. I don't think that qualifies as having "none". I'm pretty sure Brian Kelly would tell you the same if you asked him about the QB competition between Kizer and Zaire in South Bend.

Now if you asked me about Sanchez and Siemian being listed as co-starters for the Broncos.....................
                          I am digressing here but Stig was 2-0 against Brian Kelly when he coached Grand Valley State, but SDSU had a good line and Josh Ranek. I do agree we got a good situation with the QB's and Lujan won the USD game with help from the D. USD most likely spent the prior week preparing for TC and it worked in the first half but not the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I am digressing here but Stig was 2-0 against Brian Kelly when he coached Grand Valley State, but SDSU had a good line and Josh Ranek. I do agree we got a good situation with the QB's and Lujan won the USD game with help from the D. USD most likely spent the prior week preparing for TC and it worked in the first half but not the second half.
                            USD also tried to shorten the game, played it exremely safe.. More 2 TE sets with a FB, and only 1 WR, than I have seen since Knute Rockne's days.
                            -that's also how they beat NDSU. Gind it out, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, and all that jazz.

I'll be interested in how they adapt to coach Neilson's changes. They could be an up and coming program, real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              USD also tried to shorten the game, played it exremely safe.. More 2 TE sets with a FB, and only 1 WR, than I have seen since Knute Rockne's days.
                              -that's also how they beat NDSU. Gind it out, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, and all that jazz.

I'll be interested in how they adapt to coach Neilson's changes. They could be an up and coming program, real soon.
                              You no doubt are correct about the strategy, but I went back to look at the play by play stats and TC had a horrible 3rd quarter, many incompletes plus an interception to a son of former SDSU player Wessel. Wessel's dad played good ball for Wayne Haensel, but I digress. Lujan came in at the start of the fourth and threw at least 6 consecutive passes. Weinke was often the receiver and they came back from a 10 point deficit. They scored at 14:02 of the fourth quarter and one USD three and out and we had the ball back and marched field for another TD and took the lead. When one QB is having an off day and that's what it was for TC, another can come in and change the complexion of the game, which Lujan did. Its a hell of good situation to have.

As far as Neilson, nothing fancy about his game plans excepted they are well executed and planned. The guy apparently is a great motivator, and we will have our hands full with USD for years to come.

Comment

My Guess:
                                TCU - L
                                Drake - W
                                Cal Poly - W
                                WIU - W
                                SIU - W
                                NDSU - L
                                YSU - L
                                ILST - L
                                MSU - W