NCAA Championship Appearances in M & W Basketball and Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Championship Appearances in M & W Basketball and Football

I had a little free time today so I checked to see the number of times each of the FCS teams have made it to the NCAA Championship tournaments in Football and Men"s and Women"s Basketball over the last 8 years, the number of years that SDSU has been eligible. Of the 125 FCS teams, SDSU has appeared in more NCAA championship tournaments than any other team at 15, 7 for women's basketball, 5 for football and 3 for men's basketball. Next in line are Villanova at 13, Montana at 12, Northern Iowa 11 and James Madison 10. There are several at 9 including NDSU.

That is an amazing record. We sometimes forget how successful our teams have been year in and year out. Numerous other teams have qualified for NCAA post season tournaments including baseball, soccer, equistrian and volleyball. Men's and Women's cross country and Men's golf qualified for the NCAA regionals this year as well so they should probably be added to the list.

Re: NCAA Championship Appearances in M & W Basketball and Football

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    I had a little free time today so I checked to see the number of times each of the FCS teams have made it to the NCAA Championship tournaments in Football and Men"s and Women"s Basketball over the last 8 years, the number of years that SDSU has been eligible. Of the 125 FCS teams, SDSU has appeared in more NCAA championship tournaments than any other team at 15, 7 for women's basketball, 5 for football and 3 for men's basketball. Next in line are Villanova at 13, Montana at 12, Northern Iowa 11 and James Madison 10. There are several at 9 including NDSU.

That is an amazing record. We sometimes forget how successful our teams have been year in and year out. Numerous other teams have qualified for NCAA post season tournaments including baseball, soccer, equistrian and volleyball. Men's and Women's cross country and Men's golf qualified for the NCAA regionals this year as well so they should probably be added to the list.
    What about something like having all 3 big sports make it all the same year? wonder how those numbers change or how many schools pull stuff like that off.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Re: NCAA Championship Appearances in M & W Basketball and Football

You guys should do what we do and create and sticky a thread listing all conference season, conference tourney, and national titles since the DI move. You definitely have enough to make it worthwhile. It's a nice way to make sure all successful sports get recognized. Can't link since I'm on my phone, but it's the first thread in the Bison Commons section of Bisonville.

Comment

Working...
      X