Trash talking hall of fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash talking hall of fame

Can't find it now but once heard a story about an offensive tackle approaching the line of scrimmage on the game's first snap telling a D-End:

"I'm calling you Perkins, because it's gonna be pancakes all day."

Anyone top that? Any sport eligible.

Re: Trash talking hall of fame

Tim Ryan tells a story about Steve Wisnewski. Wisnewski got him on the ground in a rainy game and kept shoving Ryan's facemask in the mud telling him "you're a mudder, you love the mud. get used to this mudder lover"

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Can't find it now but once heard a story about an offensive tackle approaching the line of scrimmage on the game's first snap telling a D-End:

"I'm calling you Perkins, because it's gonna be pancakes all day."

Anyone top that? Any sport eligible.
      Thats funny...but tame. Most the stuff I heard when I played and when I officiated was far more brutal. If you only knew the language used, by both players and coaches, I think you'd be shocked.

Comment

Anything by Bird, especially since his play backed it up.

"I started talking a little trash to him," Horace Grant recalled, when the Celtics were the defending champions. "I'm saying, 'You're not going to score. You're not getting this basket. I remember him then telling me exactly what he was going to do to me. He says he's going to fake me left and then he's going to shoot a right-hand hook over me. And then he goes and does it and scores."
        You know, they go back and say Bird was a trash talker. I never thought it was trash talking. He was whispering needles. We were playing at Worchester. I don’t even know who was guarding him. Larry supposedly poked him before they started and said, “Hey, what’s the scoring record in this building?” The guy asks why. And he says, “Well you’re guarding me aren’t you?”
        On a West Coast trip in 1986, Bird told the entire Dallas Mavericks bench that after the time out, Ainge would inbounds the pass to DJ, who would hit Bird in the corner where Bird would step back and take a three. "So you got that?" Bird queried the bench. "I'm gonna stand right here. I'm not going to move. They'll pass me the ball, and the next sound you here will be the ball hitting the bottom of the net." And that's exactly what happened. Bird winked at the Mavericks before heading back down to the other end of the court.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Anything by Bird, especially since his play backed it up.
          Yup...good stuff. Not that it has anything to do with trash talk, but just to show how much the game has changed: In the 1985-1986 NBA season, Bird led the league in 3-pointers made with 82. During his 13 year career (897 games), he made 649 3-pointers. Steph Curry made 402 3-pointers this year...
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Yup...good stuff. Not that it has anything to do with trash talk, but just to show how much the game has changed: In the 1985-1986 NBA season, Bird led the league in 3-pointers made with 82. During his 13 year career (897 games), he made 649 3-pointers. Steph Curry made 402 3-pointers this year...
            Is this change or better athletes?

Comment

Kevin Garnett is a legendary smack talker as well. He called Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient (actually has medical condition that makes his hair fall out), and told Carmelo Anthony his wife tasted like Honey Nut Cheerios.

Michael Jordan was also pretty good.

http://www.viralhoops.com/michael-jo...lking-stories/
              Last edited by SF_Rabbit_Fan; 05-24-2016, 10:07 AM.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Is this change or better athletes?
                There were 101 players in the NBA this year who made more than 82 3-pointers. I believe the main reason for Curry's historic numbers is that basketball philosophy has finally caught up with rule changes. Everybody is shooting more 3's, Curry is the best at it and has a green light like no other player in the league (maybe in the history of the league).

In 04-05, new rules began to curtail hand-checking, clarify blocking fouls, and introduce defensive 3 seconds in an attempt to make the game more exciting. This rule change dramatically extended Allan Iverson's career.

03-04 Iverson shot 39% from the field, shot 9.5 free throws per game, and averaged 26.4 ppg.

05-06 Iverson shot 45% from the field, shot 11.5 free throws per game, and averaged 33 ppg (career high).
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  Thats funny...but tame. Most the stuff I heard when I played and when I officiated was far more brutal. If you only knew the language used, by both players and coaches, I think you'd be shocked.
                  Give us some G-rated hints... love this stuff.

Comment

Nominations for good trash-talking lines to Bison or Coyotes?

Comment

The drumline use to have some good ones, some funny, some crudy type stuff or just constant picking on one player. They would pick on one guy and just in unison yell things like hey 72, nice muffin top..... or 72 vacuums in high heals......stupid stuff mostly. Probably offend people now with the stuff they would say. That and all that sportsmanship stuff probably cuts down on the drumline heckling players.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

"Call me propane because I will be all up in your grill." " I'm like mayonnaise dangerous if left open." Are two from a commercial that jump into my mind

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          The drumline use to have some good ones, some funny, some crudy type stuff or just constant picking on one player. They would pick on one guy and just in unison yell things like hey 72, nice muffin top..... or 72 vacuums in high heals......stupid stuff mostly. Probably offend people now with the stuff they would say. That and all that sportsmanship stuff probably cuts down on the drumline heckling players.
                          "Scott Nagy Poops at Parties" was one of my favorites

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                            "Scott Nagy Poops at Parties" was one of my favorites
                            thats a good one.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

From back during the time in the NCC days when the visiting bench was in front of the west grandstand at CAS and some of St. Cloud's support staff made the mistake of wandering near our student section:

"Pork chop, pork chop, greasy, greasy. St. Cloud's water girls are easy, easy."

St. Cloud's water girls didn't much care for that chant.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X