Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB Miscellaneous

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
    I think that Omaha might put up a good fight in coming years. They only lost one senior who wasn't a key contributor and they had three transfers sitting the bench last year. I think it was two from Wichita and one from Texas Tech. With Summit League's leading scorer and their center who was on all newcomer team. And Brecht from SF. They've got some good talent. At this point I would rank them preseason #2
    Well, they get an early shot to prove your point:

The 2016 Pre-Season WNIT tournament teams were announced today.

The Preseason WNIT field consists of: Abilene Christian (Southland); Central Michigan (MAC); Colorado State (MWC); Eastern Washington (Big Sky); Elon (Colonial); Fordham (Atlantic 10); Furman (Southern); Green Bay (Horizon); Little Rock (Sun Belt); Missouri (SEC); Nebraska (Big10);North Texas (C-USA); Notre Dame (ACC); Omaha (Summit), UT Rio Grande Valley (WAC); and Washington (Pac-12).

Re: 2017 recruits

Think they'll have Nebraska vs Nebraska-Omaha?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
      I think that Omaha might put up a good fight in coming years. They only lost one senior who wasn't a key contributor and they had three transfers sitting the bench last year. I think it was two from Wichita and one from Texas Tech. With Summit League's leading scorer and their center who was on all newcomer team. And Brecht from SF. They've got some good talent. At this point I would rank them preseason #2
      i only posted here because i remember this post: anyway, report is ex-hoosier guard jess walter is transferring to omaha. nice pick up for coach lange.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
        i only posted here because i remember this post: anyway, report is ex-hoosier guard jess walter is transferring to omaha. nice pick up for coach lange.
        I understand she was originally going to transfer to NKU and so I suspect USD fans assumed they would land her as she followed their new coach. This has to be a tough pill to swallow for them.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          I understand she was originally going to transfer to NKU and so I suspect USD fans assumed they would land her as she followed their new coach. This has to be a tough pill to swallow for them.
          The pill was a bit larger when the PG recruit followed Amy to Lincoln and another of the recruits may be waffling. Fortunately, Amy left a few good players on the yote roster for 2016-17. Omaha could have a more competitive team in the making. I would assume the IU transfer will sit one year.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            The pill was a bit larger when the PG recruit followed Amy to Lincoln and another of the recruits may be waffling. Fortunately, Amy left a few good players on the yote roster for 2016-17. Omaha could have a more competitive team in the making. I would assume the IU transfer will sit one year.
            Off track a bit,but I've seen (RebKell's Junkie Boards.... 2016-2017 schedules) that Neb will play UConn next year, that should be interesting, a pretty big test for a brand new coach. A little parting gift from Yori I suppose.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-20-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Off track a bit,but I've seen (RebKell's Junkie Boards.... 2016-2017 schedules) that Neb will play UConn next year, that should be interesting, a pretty big test for a brand new coach. A little parting gift from Yori I suppose.
              actually, the "home and home" was set up last summer i believe. Auriemma was pretty impressed with the setup and crowd when UConn played in the ncaa's at PBA a year ago (w/o nebraska). nebraska lost by a bunch last fall at uconn.

Comment

Re: WBB Miscellaneous

Don't remember where I saw the comment about someone speculating on whether or not WBB at NU and UNO will play this year in the WNIT (can't find it again ,the post).They could meet in the WNIT,but not likely, unless the Mavs can get by Colorado State first.NU and UNO are scheduled to play one another however on Nov 22,in a scheduled game.It will be interesting on two points,how well Amy has the Huskers playing after losing two best commits and the transfer of Romeo,their best guard to Washington.The second point is the Summit vs P-5 and how well a Summit team can match up.

UNO also lost Caroline Hogue to transfer(going closer to home to a div-2 team), but are gaining a transfer from a Big 10 school.Like to see the Summit show well in this game against a P-5 opponent, but really would like Amy's team to win too,so all the fans at NU who were enamored with Yori don't have excuses to denigrate Amy too much.Will be interesting to watch,may the best team win.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-15-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I believe you mean UNL/Nebraska, not NU.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                    Ed: I recall reading some inane discussion somewhere about the correct abbreviated reference to the school of the 'Huskers. I think NU is a commonly-accepted reference (I tend to say/write UNL but when there's some context, NU is perfectly understandable.)

The opening line of the Wikipedia entry for the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, for example, states: The University of Nebraska–Lincoln, often referred to as Nebraska, UNL or NU, is a public research university in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States.

Back to the topic: Miscellaneous

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                      I was trying to be politically correct with some posters...at the same time stomping on toes of those with the other viewpoint. I could of did it both ways,NU and UNL,but then it'd look like I can't make decisions.....sometimes you just can't win
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-16-2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Ed: I recall reading some inane discussion somewhere about the correct abbreviated reference to the school of the 'Huskers. I think NU is a commonly-accepted reference (I tend to say/write UNL but when there's some context, NU is perfectly understandable.)

The opening line of the Wikipedia entry for the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, for example, states: The University of Nebraska–Lincoln, often referred to as Nebraska, UNL or NU, is a public research university in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States.

Back to the topic: Miscellaneous
                        I know, it just bothers me because they aren't Nebraska University.

Comment

Utah St and UNLV have big fight (brawl).I often wonder how much of Finkbeiners demeaner rubs off onto his players.Wonder if he's still kicking basketballs in a temper tantum. Link:

Comment

Working...
                          X