Consistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistency

Heading into the final three weekends of conference play (plus the conference tournament) this team needs some consistency. They've been up and down. One game the pitching looks great then the hitters don't hit. The next game is the complete opposite. If this team can find some consistent play down the stretch a trip to the NCAA Tournament isn't out of the question (if not - missing the conference tournament isn't out of the question). From top to bottom the conference has parity and ORU isn't unbeatable. Case in point losing 2 of 3 at NDSU last weekend. It's a four weekend season now. It has to start this weekend with at minimum a series win.

Go Rabbits!

Re: Consistency

Good (and true) comments. Reasons for losses have varied. as 6-4-3 said. Last week, defensive errors, which had been noticeably absent for much of the last month's games, caused a loss. Ryan Froom came back strong from a slump, and the game was lost because the relievers were smacked. And our bats went silent in most of last week's games. I think we will bounce back this weekend, and we will need to, as we host ORU next weekend and then head up to Fargo for the season's finale (and the Bison have been resurgent, partially because they have their best pitcher back on the mound these days. GO JACKS!

Comment

"Oh, those bases on balls!" - Frankie Frisch 1898-1773

Comment

More inconsistent play. Ryan Froom looked great last Sunday. This Sunday a whole new story. This weekend leaves more questions than answers.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Agree. ??????

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
            More inconsistent play. Ryan Froom looked great last Sunday. This Sunday a whole new story. This weekend leaves more questions than answers.

Go Rabbits!
            their getting consistent now. reminds me of the Twins. gotta turn it around soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              their getting consistent now. reminds me of the Twins. gotta turn it around soon.
              IMO Froom did pretty well Sunday (ORU's offense is brutal), but our hitting was again a problem. We just couldn't get the hits we needed to score runs. We need to win at least one game up north to insure we are in the tournament...but I'm thinking it would be good to sweep them again!

Comment

Working...
              X