Colette Abbott Died Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colette Abbott Died Today

The new floor in the arena is done and already reads sanford coyote sports center on 2 of the sidelines. Not that that sucker cant be buffed out, but like a few others have suggested, I would be surprised to see that name changed, but wouldnt be suprised to see the Abbott name placed elsewhere.

Comment

Golfing Yote is onto something. Given President Jim Abbott's long and distinguished career as president of USD it would seem fitting that some venue will be named the James and Colette Abbott (insert building name). Former SDSU President Wagner and his wife, Mary, have a building named on the SDSU campus.

Comment

Sanford-Colette Abbott Sports Center & Coyote Court

Comment

Frankly I think it might be too soon. Not that she or the Abbotts wouldn’t be fitting for a building named after them. I feel that usd could do better than naming the basketball court after her.

I do agree with the idea of naming a building after a person who deserves to have something named after them, not just named after the person who has the most money to give. It’s great that the hospitals systems and millionaires and billionaires want to give their money for certain things. Just I like seeing someone who doesn’t have a bunch of 0s in the bank account get recognition for their contributions and efforts.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs...ames_ten_rules

Comment

Working...
            X