Colette Abbott Died Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colette Abbott Died Today

Colette Abbott, wife of Jim Abbott President of USD died this afternoon in Vermillion.
    Tough news for the community of Vermillion and USD.

Re: Colette Abbott Died Today

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
    Colette Abbott, wife of Jim Abbott President of USD died this afternoon in Vermillion.
    Tough news for the community of Vermillion and USD.
    I had been aware she was ill but didn't know she was near the end of her life. My condolences to Dr. Abbott and the family.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I had been aware she was ill but didn't know she was near the end of her life. My condolences to Dr. Abbott and the family.
      It was very unexpected to say the least.

Comment

I just talked to Dr. Abbott and his wife a couple months ago at a wedding. She seemed fine then. I heard from my daughter that whatever it was, it went very fast. My condolences to the Abbott family and their family at USD.

Comment

I see where there is a petition drive to name the basketball facility at USD in Colette Abbott's honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
            I see where there is a petition drive to name the basketball facility at USD in Colette Abbott's honor.
            Didn't they name it the cyote sanford something?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The facility is supposed to be named the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. As I understand it, the petition (on-line) will be sent to the Governor's Office. This is according to a KELO news story.

Comment

The facility is supposed to be named the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. As I understand it, the petition (on-line) will be sent to the Governor's Office. This is according to a KELO news story.
                That may develop into an unintended controversy. I think Sanford paid $20 million for the naming rights.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  That may develop into an unintended controversy. I think Sanford paid $20 million for the naming rights.
                  Is the petition just to name the arena and not the whole building/complex (sorta like Stanley Marshall HPER Center & Frost Arena)?

Comment

hmm off topic Sanford Falls, North Sanford City, Sanfordillion, Sanfordings, Sanfordish, The 76th Sanfordis Bike Rally, Sanford City, Sanfordtown. What doesn't he want his name on. How bout the Sanford-Colette Abbott Sports Center & Yote Arena.

Comment

If it's a huge deal, name the basketball court after her. Keep the name of the center the same.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        hmm off topic Sanford Falls, North Sanford City, Sanfordillion, Sanfordings, Sanfordish, The 76th Sanfordis Bike Rally, Sanford City, Sanfordtown. What doesn't he want his name on. How bout the Sanford-Colette Abbott Sports Center & Yote Arena.
                        Just to clear things up on a common misconception: Most of the Sanford Whatevers are not that way because Denny Sanford wanted it, nor because he was the prime donor. Sanford Hospital (which got $400 million over a number of years from Denny...and the hospital decided to go to the Sanford name, which was not requested by Denny Sanford) is the donor on many things, including the Sanford Jackrabbit Athletic Center (and is that way because they donated a major gift, in return for us using Sanford as our athletic medical provider. Ditto for the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. Denny Sanford made a major personal contribution to the Dana Dykhouse Stadium, and didn't ask to have his name on it. Personally, I'm appreciative of all the things he has done for South Dakota (including the huge hospital gift, and the gift to the underground testing facility in the hills, and lots of others).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Just to clear things up on a common misconception: Most of the Sanford Whatevers are not that way because Denny Sanford wanted it, nor because he was the prime donor. Sanford Hospital (which got $400 million over a number of years from Denny...and the hospital decided to go to the Sanford name, which was not requested by Denny Sanford) is the donor on many things, including the Sanford Jackrabbit Athletic Center (and is that way because they donated a major gift, in return for us using Sanford as our athletic medical provider. Ditto for the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. Denny Sanford made a major personal contribution to the Dana Dykhouse Stadium, and didn't ask to have his name on it. Personally, I'm appreciative of all the things he has done for South Dakota (including the huge hospital gift, and the gift to the underground testing facility in the hills, and lots of others).
                          Very well said

Comment

Triple ditto ^^^^

Comment

Triple ditto ^^^^
                              Quatro Ditto. So many people think Denny is doing all the donating when it's the hospital system.

Comment

Working...
                              X