This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting List

KELO certainly thought that Chad Greenway's conversation with Benson was a big story. Went with it on Friday, and again on Saturday and Sunday. Must have been a slow sports weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      KELO certainly thought that Chad Greenway's conversation with Benson was a big story. Went with it on Friday, and again on Saturday and Sunday. Must have been a slow sports weekend.
      I did not read the stories, but the classic Greenway comment is that Stig told him to grab the Iowa offer, and I suspect Benson got an earful of that talk. and maybe Stig told Benson the same thing. As stated losing one recruit does not rob us of being competitive next year or year after.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I did not read the stories, but the classic Greenway comment is that Stig told him to grab the Iowa offer, and I suspect Benson got an earful of that talk. and maybe Stig told Benson the same thing. As stated losing one recruit does not rob us of being competitive next year or year after.
        Apples and oranges, to a degree. SDSU was D-2 when Greenway was shopping for colleges. Some news reports indicate that Coach Stig and LB Coach Rogers wished Benson well but were disappointed (understandably) when Benson reneged on his verbal.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Apples and oranges, to a degree. SDSU was D-2 when Greenway was shopping for colleges. Some news reports indicate that Coach Stig and LB Coach Rogers wished Benson well but were disappointed (understandably) when Benson reneged on his verbal.
          Yes times have changed since Greenway and he does not owe SDSU anything other than a casual following of athletics. Indeed a lucky guy in terms of breaks, and I suspect the same can be said of Benson. We will have to see. Did we not get a transfer from Ohio State who played at SF Roosvelt? We have not heard much about him since I suspect he sat out this season. I want to say his first name was Grant. I dont follow SF HS football so quite ignorant in that department. Could I be dreaming?
          Last edited by Nidaros; 12-29-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Yes times have changed since Greenway and he does not owe SDSU anything other than a casual following of athletics. Indeed a lucky guy in terms of breaks, and I suspect the same can be said of Benson. We will have to see. Did we not get a transfer from Ohio State who played at SF Roosvelt? We have not heard much about him since I suspect he sat out this season. I want to say his first name was Grant. I dont follow SF HS football so quite ignorant in that department. Could I be dreaming?
            No I am not Grant Schmidt OL and apparently available next season.

Comment

Grant Schmidt was on the Jacks' sideline with the other players at home games this past year, but he was ineligible because he was a transfer (Ohio State to Cincinnati to SDSU). I also heard he had been injured. But at 6-6, 300 pounds he should be a good addition to the o-line for the next two seasons. Maybe he'll fill Charlie Harmon's tackle spot.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Grant Schmidt was on the Jacks' sideline with the other players at home games this past year, but he was ineligible because he was a transfer (Ohio State to Cincinnati to SDSU). I also heard he had been injured. But at 6-6, 300 pounds he should be a good addition to the o-line for the next two seasons. Maybe he'll fill Charlie Harmon's tackle spot.
                That seems like a plan

Comment

DT - Derrick Shaw Jr., 6'2" 260, Broken Arrow, OK - HUDL
                  Offers: Abilene Christian, Montana, Central Oklahoma, Northeastern State, Texas State

This dude committed to North Texas.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Bulldog, I believe according to NCAA calendar the dead period ends Friday January 12th.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...r_20171116.pdf
                    Last edited by NWHSUandSDSU; 01-07-2018, 08:59 AM. Reason: Added link to recruiting calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                      Bulldog, I believe according to NCAA calendar the dead period ends Friday January 12th.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...r_20171116.pdf
                      Thx, I didn't know if FCS and FBS were the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                        Thx, I didn't know if FCS and FBS were the same.
                        Bulldog, to answer your question from the basketball thread... yes, the team has about 3-5 more scholarships with multiple targets. Obviously, Snyder and Gayer at the LB position among others. They are also sifting through a half dozen kickers as they would like to bring one in to develop for life after Vinny. I wouldn't be surprised if they were hunting for a JUCO DT as there is concern about depth with Soulek's graduation. Yes, they signed a bunch of seniors, but they need someone who can contribute immediately. We all saw this year how Xavier was exposed at times (I still think he will be very good for the Jacks). I think they are still looking at the DE position and would take someone they deemed "a difference maker" at most positions besides QB, TE, S, and WR which are fully loaded with little to no room to expend financial resources.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          Bulldog, to answer your question from the basketball thread... yes, the team has about 3-5 more scholarships with multiple targets. Obviously, Snyder and Gayer at the LB position among others. They are also sifting through a half dozen kickers as they would like to bring one in to develop for life after Vinny. I wouldn't be surprised if they were hunting for a JUCO DT as there is concern about depth with Soulek's graduation. Yes, they signed a bunch of seniors, but they need someone who can contribute immediately. We all saw this year how Xavier was exposed at times (I still think he will be very good for the Jacks). I think they are still looking at the DE position and would take someone they deemed "a difference maker" at most positions besides QB, TE, S, and WR which are fully loaded with little to no room to expend financial resources.
                          Thanks! Agree with the above. It's difficult to find college ready DT's. I saw Iowa Western had a couple DT's get scholarships.

Comment

Any idea what the status of Dominic Simpson is?

Comment

Originally posted by EngJack View Post
                              Any idea what the status of Dominic Simpson is?
                              I thought he had signed at Iowa Western but had never seen him on their roster this past year.

Comment

Offer out to Myles Johnson, 6'2" 180 lbs K/P out of Plymouth, MN.
                                https://www.hudl.com/profile/8093236/myles-johnson
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X