X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
    Looks like Blake Peterson from Beresford is our first 2019 recruit. https://twitter.com/BlakePeterson_7/...39101356789760 Also has offers from Iowa State and USD.
    Blake is the son of former Jackrabbit defensive tackle Brandon Peterson.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Blake is the son of former Jackrabbit defensive tackle Brandon Peterson.
      When did Brandon Peterson play?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
        When did Brandon Peterson play?
        According to the media guide 97-98-99.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Who doesn't have bad habits? I am damn near perfect. One of them is biting into Bulldogs posts. Seriously, I hope Stig has Sibley on home visit list. Looks good
          I just want for you to admit that you were wrong about Snyder and Van Ginkel and I'd be nice to you! Both guys could be All B1G in the next 2 years. I hope the coaches are getting to NW Iowa when the calendar allows it.
          The 2018 class might be the strongest one in a long time. There will be 4-7 kids that play D1 football. I know NDSU and USD have been hitting the area hard with junior days and camp invites. UNI is all but given up to the area.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
            I just want for you to admit that you were wrong about Snyder and Van Ginkel and I'd be nice to you! Both guys could be All B1G in the next 2 years. I hope the coaches are getting to NW Iowa when the calendar allows it.
            The 2018 class might be the strongest one in a long time. There will be 4-7 kids that play D1 football. I know NDSU and USD have been hitting the area hard with junior days and camp invites. UNI is all but given up to the area.
            Old vAn snickel I was wrong on Snyder and van ginkel. So there. Can't you leave this old man alone There I said uncle! What more do you want?

Comment

Old vAn snickel I was wrong on Snyder and van ginkel. So there. Can't you leave this old man alone There I said uncle! What more do you want?
              Holy cow! Just kidding. I'm certainly biased towards the kids in the area, but I believe there are many that go under the radar. I hope they continue to recruit the Christian Rozeboom's of the world.

Comment

Holy cow! Just kidding. I'm certainly biased towards the kids in the area, but I believe there are many that go under the radar. I hope they continue to recruit the Christian Rozeboom's of the world.
                I too, am kidding, and wonder now how we missed the Van Kinkel and Sndyer trains. You probably have had more conversations with the SDSU staff who recruit NW Iowa than I have. Sometimes these guys have some tough choices to make and often they dont make the right ones. i.e. the two players Sndyer and VanGingel. They did hit a jackpot with Christian Rozeboom. And dare I mention the Korver brothers in the 1950's.

Comment

I too, am kidding, and wonder now how we missed the Van Kinkel and Sndyer trains. You probably have had more conversations with the SDSU staff who recruit NW Iowa than I have. Sometimes these guys have some tough choices to make and often they dont make the right ones. i.e. the two players Sndyer and VanGingel. They did hit a jackpot with Christian Rozeboom. And dare I mention the Korver brothers in the 1950's.
                  The biggest difference is I get to see these guys with my "eyes". I've seen 20-30 players from Lyon and Sioux County play D1 football. I think I truly have an eye for talent. I get to see them in all sports and see the kids that are just "winners". It bothers me that the SDSU coaches would not believe me that Snyder and Van Ginkel were 'can't miss" guys. I saw Christian the same way. Rozeboom has not even touched his potential. He was a 4 sport guy that is focusing on 1 and getting the training specific to football. He's a kid that could be playing on Sundays when he is done. I think Van Ginkel and Snyder will be as well. I was just disgusted that our staff didn't respect my insight. They believed me on Christian, so maybe things have changed. I guess we'll see. I saw 4-6 juniors last year that could be SDSU guys. We'll have to see what pans out.

Comment

The biggest difference is I get to see these guys with my "eyes". I've seen 20-30 players from Lyon and Sioux County play D1 football. I think I truly have an eye for talent. I get to see them in all sports and see the kids that are just "winners". It bothers me that the SDSU coaches would not believe me that Snyder and Van Ginkel were 'can't miss" guys. I saw Christian the same way. Rozeboom has not even touched his potential. He was a 4 sport guy that is focusing on 1 and getting the training specific to football. He's a kid that could be playing on Sundays when he is done. I think Van Ginkel and Snyder will be as well. I was just disgusted that our staff didn't respect my insight. They believed me on Christian, so maybe things have changed. I guess we'll see. I saw 4-6 juniors last year that could be SDSU guys. We'll have to see what pans out.
                    Did one of our coaches come out and say they didn't believe you? Or do you think that since we didn't target those two kids that your opinion was ignored? Could it be that they thought they already had guys at Snyders and Van Ginkel's positions that they projected as better? Recruiting is such an inexact science in all sports but in football it's even worse that it's completely reasonable the coaches liked a different player better.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Did one of our coaches come out and say they didn't believe you? Or do you think that since we didn't target those two kids that your opinion was ignored? Could it be that they thought they already had guys at Snyders and Van Ginkel's positions that they projected as better? Recruiting is such an inexact science in all sports but in football it's even worse that it's completely reasonable the coaches liked a different player better.
                      Concern that Snyder wasn't fast enough and that AVG didn't have a position. Yes, they had a couple of offers at the time to a couple other safeties, but that was well after their assessment. Exact words, "We think they are walk on guys, and would have a chance to play special teams." One coach liked them both a lot and wanted to offer, but lost out on the #'s game.
                      Last edited by BULLDOG; 04-03-2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Concern that Snyder wasn't fast enough and that AVG didn't have a position. Yes, they had a couple of offers at the time to a couple other safeties, but that was well after their assessment. Exact words, "We think they are walk on guys, and would have a chance to play special teams." One coach liked them both a lot and wanted to offer, but lost out on the #'s game.
                        The venting system is getting very picky. I hope it will not stop you or anyone else from referring recruits to the staff. I often wonder who the bright one was that suggested no 86. Geez he only played 9 man football.

Comment

Thought I'd do some updates on the latest offers I found on social media:

Jackson Heath, 6'5" 210 lbs TE/OLB out of Overland Park, KS.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/6313409/jackson-heath

Austin Glazier, 6'6" 300 lbs OG/OT out of Oak Park, IL.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/4085983/austin-glazier

Cortez Hogans, 6'3" 190 lbs MLB out of Palatine, IL.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/5470388/cortez-hogans

Alejandro Ramirez, 6'2" 295 lbs DT out of Sprindale, AR.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/5289512/alejandro-ramirez

Bryce Stai, 6'3" 238 lbs TE/DE out of Firth, NE.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/4341735/bryce-stai

Grant Norton, 6'8" 258 lbs OT/DE out of Camdenton, MO.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/4393058/grant-norton

David Alston, 6'5" 225 lbs DE/TE out of Woodbury, MN.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/4264675/david-alston

Zach Starforth, 6'5" 295 lbs OT out of Peculiar, MO.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/5340131/zach-starforth

Nick Henrich, 6'4" 200 lbs MLB out of Omaha, NE.
                          http://www.hudl.com/profile/829813/nick-henrich
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Offer out to Henry A. Geil, 6'0" 206 lbs RB/CB out of Green Bay, WI.
                            http://www.hudl.com/profile/5098357/henry-geil
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

I've updated the recruiting list including adding another TE. If anyone doubts what kind of an impact that Dallas Goedert has on our offense, it is obvious that not only SDSU, but our peers are focusing on finding top end receiving TE's.

TE/DE - Cormac Sampson, 6'5" 226, Eau Claire, WI (Memorial) - HUDL
                              Offers: Northern Illinois, NDSU, USD, Western Illinois

Comment

RB - Henry Geil***, 6'0" 206, Green Bay, WI (Prebel) - HUDL
                                Offers: Iowa, Indiana, Iowa State, Bowling Green

Verballed to Iowa over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X