This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Jayd Vanderwerff from Gregory verbals to the Jacks.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jaydvande...53001374273536
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/4482324

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Offense, defense or special teams, this kid can be a contributor. He's been making amazing catches for years - stuff you never see in 9-man football. It's good we kept him out of USD hands.

An article about his commitment from the Mitchell Daily Republic.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...ks-jackrabbits

Comment

Any chance of a PWO offer to Braiden Peterson of BV? 316 rushes, 2241yds, 30 TDs, 204 rushing yds per game in the state's biggest class. He's got speed to burn.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          Any chance of a PWO offer to Braiden Peterson of BV? 316 rushes, 2241yds, 30 TDs, 204 rushing yds per game in the state's biggest class. He's got speed to burn.
          I think he is looking at a school where he can run track & play football. Also I believe he wants to go to a school on a scholarship.

Comment

I think he is looking at a school where he can run track & play football. Also I believe he wants to go to a school on a scholarship.
            Last year was his first year running track. I've also heard he would love to play DB. I would hope we would give him a good hard look. Speed kills.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Looks to me like we got a commit poached by the UofM:

https://twitter.com/BrockWalker8/sta...56919860678656
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Looks to me like we got a commit poached by the UofM:

https://twitter.com/BrockWalker8/sta...56919860678656
                Yep. Even playing for a mediocre B1G program is still playing in the B1G. Good luck to Brock.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  Yep. Even playing for a mediocre B1G program is still playing in the B1G. Good luck to Brock.
                  Yep, still outdoors and exposure. Although one could argue kicking for the Jacks provides great exposure thanks to being the alma mater of mr clutch. Good luck to Brock...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    Yep, still outdoors and exposure. Although one could argue kicking for the Jacks provides great exposure thanks to being the alma mater of mr clutch. Good luck to Brock...
                    that's probably why, he would have to complete with for 2 years to compete with Chase, I was really looking forward to him coming here. We have had a string of really good kickers imho and figured he would be the next in line.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      My thinking is only speculation and may be nuts but think about this: His Dad is a surgeon, perhaps he may also want to be a doctor, thinking ahead being an undergraduate at UoM gives him a better shot of getting into their med school? My thinking could be completely wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        that's probably why, he would have to complete with for 2 years to compete with Chase, I was really looking forward to him coming here. We have had a string of really good kickers imho and figured he would be the next in line.
                        One year if he would have taken his redshirt next year. Redshirt Freshmen year when Chase was a Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                          My thinking is only speculation and may be nuts but think about this: His Dad is a surgeon, perhaps he may also want to be a doctor, thinking ahead being an undergraduate at UoM gives him a better shot of getting into their med school? My thinking could be completely wrong though.
                          Maybe. Who knows what 18 year olds want sometimes.

I can say that admission/placement into professional school out of the SDSU Human Biology, Bio-Chem, Biology, or Chemistry programs is VERY high and competitive nationally.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

One year if he would have taken his redshirt next year. Redshirt Freshmen year when Chase was a Sr.
                            unless he doesn't want to redshirt? curious but do we normally redshirt kickers? just asking.

and I have no idea what the situation is in front of him for playing time at Minn. just hate seeing school poach players after they commit.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              unless he doesn't want to redshirt? curious but do we normally redshirt kickers? just asking.

and I have no idea what the situation is in front of him for playing time at Minn. just hate seeing school poach players after they commit.
                              Gopher's current kicker will be a senior next year, and they have a highly regarded (ranked in top 10 high school kickers nationally as a senior) freshman who red-shirted this year. He both place-kicks and punts.

Comment

I heard that track had their early signing day already but when can SDSU have these players sign so that are locked up?

Comment

Working...
                                X