Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting List

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Agreed - I think the world has opened its eyes a little more to other opportunities out there. It will impact us but I don't see their walk-on program reaching the heights it used to.
    If all walk-on's were eliminated it would sure spread out the talent and even the playing field.

Are we in danger of losing either of our two Nebraska recruits to the new Scott Frost led Huskers?

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Are we in danger of losing either of our two Nebraska recruits to the new Scott Frost led Huskers?
    I think the LB from Gretna has a walk on offer, but that was under the previous regime. Hope we hold onto him.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Quote Originally Posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I think the LB from Gretna has a walk on offer, but that was under the previous regime. Hope we hold onto him.
    NVM....bad info on previous post of mine.

PWO offer out to Cannon York. 6'4 235lb TE/DE out of Lebanon, Missouri. He also has PWO offers from Missouri and Indiana State as well as multiple D2 offers. Looks like he's been in Brookings several times over the last year according to his Twitter.

Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/profile/5390253/cannon-york

Quote Originally Posted by Project-Badass View Post
    PWO offer out to Cannon York. 6'4 235lb TE/DE out of Lebanon, Missouri. He also has PWO offers from Missouri and Indiana State as well as multiple D2 offers. Looks like he's been in Brookings several times over the last year according to his Twitter.

Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/profile/5390253/cannon-york
    May take more than a PWO to get him. His home state Mizzou offered the same thing the day after we did.

We need to throw up the Bulldog signal... we have another verbal from NW Iowa!

Trajan Walhof: 6’5, 250 defensive tackle from Sioux Center.

https://twitter.com/trajanwalhof/sta...41696250916864

So we now have: Van Marel, Sanders, Greenfield, and Walhof in the trenches and all from NW Iowa.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4185770...d8b9282c445650
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    We need to throw up the Bulldog signal... we have another verbal from NW Iowa!

Trajan Walhof: 6’5, 250 defensive tackle from Sioux Center.

https://twitter.com/trajanwalhof/sta...41696250916864

So we now have: Van Marel, Sanders, Greenfield, and Walhof in the trenches and all from NW Iowa.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4185770...d8b9282c445650
    A big boy ready for action.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    A big boy ready for action.
    Trajan will be a nice addition as a walk on or small scholarship kid. I saw him play twice. He moves well for a big guy. DT or possible OT as he continues to put size on the frame. He's a kid that we won't see dividends until his redshirt soph year. Good, hardworking, smart kid. NW Iowa senior class is the strongest group in years. NDSU, USD, SDSU, and UNI really getting into some battles with remaining kids. Iowa still sniffing around. I have a feeling the Jacks could lose a verbal or two to the Hawkeyes. I saw Van Marral play hoops Tuesday. This kid is a B1G player that could still end up in Brookings. NDSU has 3 commitments from the area that seem pretty stable. USD getting active now that the staff will be back. Kent State rumors have slowed some commitments. Pottebaum from West Lyon weighing option from walk-on at Iowa, UNI, Augie or NW Missouri State. Snyder has UNI, Iowa, Iowa Western, and rumors now NDSU back in the mix after losing a couple DB's last week to Iowa and Iowa State and are getting back in the hunt. Early signing period is making for some interesting decision on the part of schools and recruits. It will be an active week after official visits over the next couple weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Trajan will be a nice addition as a walk on or small scholarship kid. I saw him play twice. He moves well for a big guy. DT or possible OT as he continues to put size on the frame. He's a kid that we won't see dividends until his redshirt soph year. Good, hardworking, smart kid. NW Iowa senior class is the strongest group in years. NDSU, USD, SDSU, and UNI really getting into some battles with remaining kids. Iowa still sniffing around. I have a feeling the Jacks could lose a verbal or two to the Hawkeyes. I saw Van Marral play hoops Tuesday. This kid is a B1G player that could still end up in Brookings. NDSU has 3 commitments from the area that seem pretty stable. USD getting active now that the staff will be back. Kent State rumors have slowed some commitments. Pottebaum from West Lyon weighing option from walk-on at Iowa, UNI, Augie or NW Missouri State. Snyder has UNI, Iowa, Iowa Western, and rumors now NDSU back in the mix after losing a couple DB's last week to Iowa and Iowa State and are getting back in the hunt. Early signing period is making for some interesting decision on the part of schools and recruits. It will be an active week after official visits over the next couple weekends.
    Thanks! I hope we keep our guys. The 20th can’t get here soon enough!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.