Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Best name for a Jackrabbit ever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name is Clayton Hooper and not Hopper.

Comment

Is Stig going to do what I heard some other coaches are doing with recruits that don't sign in the early period?

I heard Iowa and couple others are looking at it as follows: Those recruits who won't sign on the early dates will not be considered committed and their scholarships will be reopened for use elsewhere.

I hope I explained that correctly.

Any word if our or any other local programs are looking at the early signing period the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        Is Stig going to do what I heard some other coaches are doing with recruits that don't sign in the early period?

I heard Iowa and couple others are looking at it as follows: Those recruits who won't sign on the early dates will not be considered committed and their scholarships will be reopened for use elsewhere.

I hope I explained that correctly.

Any word if our or any other local programs are looking at the early signing period the same way?
        I would say a player who has already verbally committed and doesn't sign on the dotted line next week is a tell tale sign they aren't fully committed. So if I were a coach I wouldn't be holding my breath they are still around the first week of February. In one instance that sucks for the program expecting them to sign but in another instance this gives the coaches a great situation to find out where the kids actually stand with their recruitment.

For kids that haven't given their verbal, it is up to the coaches to gauge on what they've learned through this point of the recruitment process on whether or not to keep pursuing.

So I don't think there needs to be a rule or a statement made by the coaches. Once a kid verbally commits the expectation is that they sign during the next available signing period that their eligible to sign.

Comment

It might not be a bad idea to keep a scholarship or two open for players who do not sign in the early signing period. A lot of the players who won't sign early are likely borderline FBS prospects who aren't happy with their offers. When many realize they aren't going to get that dream offer, there could be some really good players available. (remember Jacks basketball got Jenkins late.) Scholarships may also open up if we have any current players transfer out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Name is Clayton Hooper and not Hopper.
            Damn, words are hard I guess lol

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Damn, words are hard I guess lol

boy I am clever, but not so much the other day. Season 2015 for instance.

Comment

Masker walking on at Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                  Well, that sucks.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                    What happen here Gopherhole? A Kearney kid no less. Must have bought into this Frost fever.

Comment

Benson out of SF Washington, just offered by Iowa per Twitter. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        man do I hate it when programs try poaching kids after they commit. Any idea on his interest? his family is big SDSU so I think there is a chance he stays on board.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          man do I hate it when programs try poaching kids after they commit. Any idea on his interest? his family is big SDSU so I think there is a chance he stays on board.
                          Don't get your hopes up. Play in front of an average crowd of 13-14K or 70K. I know what 95% of 18 year olds would pick.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Don't get your hopes up. Play in front of an average crowd of 13-14K or 70K. I know what 95% of 18 year olds would pick.
                            I don't know what he will choose, but just there is a strong connection to SDSU and can have family there, however not like them going to iowa would be far away. After the goofers poach Walker, now iowa, its a good problem to have but poaching players after they commit really grinds my gears. Even more so when SDSU does it.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Doubt he will not take it. Heard this weekend he was not going to sign at SDSU during early signing period because he was on Iowa's radar.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Iowa was one of the programs that I understood was going to pull offers from commits that didn't want to sign in the early period so they could take the rest of their visits. I would read this as one of their linebacker commits freed up a scholarship for Benson.

Here is an article on the early signing period: https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...aches-strategy

Comment

Working...
                                X