X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
    PWO offer out to Cannon York. 6'4 235lb TE/DE out of Lebanon, Missouri. He also has PWO offers from Missouri and Indiana State as well as multiple D2 offers. Looks like he's been in Brookings several times over the last year according to his Twitter.

Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/profile/5390253/cannon-york
    May take more than a PWO to get him. His home state Mizzou offered the same thing the day after we did.

Comment

We need to throw up the Bulldog signal... we have another verbal from NW Iowa!

Trajan Walhof: 6’5, 250 defensive tackle from Sioux Center.

https://twitter.com/trajanwalhof/sta...41696250916864

So we now have: Van Marel, Sanders, Greenfield, and Walhof in the trenches and all from NW Iowa.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4185770...d8b9282c445650
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        We need to throw up the Bulldog signal... we have another verbal from NW Iowa!

Trajan Walhof: 6’5, 250 defensive tackle from Sioux Center.

https://twitter.com/trajanwalhof/sta...41696250916864

So we now have: Van Marel, Sanders, Greenfield, and Walhof in the trenches and all from NW Iowa.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4185770...d8b9282c445650
        A big boy ready for action.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          A big boy ready for action.
          Trajan will be a nice addition as a walk on or small scholarship kid. I saw him play twice. He moves well for a big guy. DT or possible OT as he continues to put size on the frame. He's a kid that we won't see dividends until his redshirt soph year. Good, hardworking, smart kid. NW Iowa senior class is the strongest group in years. NDSU, USD, SDSU, and UNI really getting into some battles with remaining kids. Iowa still sniffing around. I have a feeling the Jacks could lose a verbal or two to the Hawkeyes. I saw Van Marral play hoops Tuesday. This kid is a B1G player that could still end up in Brookings. NDSU has 3 commitments from the area that seem pretty stable. USD getting active now that the staff will be back. Kent State rumors have slowed some commitments. Pottebaum from West Lyon weighing option from walk-on at Iowa, UNI, Augie or NW Missouri State. Snyder has UNI, Iowa, Iowa Western, and rumors now NDSU back in the mix after losing a couple DB's last week to Iowa and Iowa State and are getting back in the hunt. Early signing period is making for some interesting decision on the part of schools and recruits. It will be an active week after official visits over the next couple weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
            Trajan will be a nice addition as a walk on or small scholarship kid. I saw him play twice. He moves well for a big guy. DT or possible OT as he continues to put size on the frame. He's a kid that we won't see dividends until his redshirt soph year. Good, hardworking, smart kid. NW Iowa senior class is the strongest group in years. NDSU, USD, SDSU, and UNI really getting into some battles with remaining kids. Iowa still sniffing around. I have a feeling the Jacks could lose a verbal or two to the Hawkeyes. I saw Van Marral play hoops Tuesday. This kid is a B1G player that could still end up in Brookings. NDSU has 3 commitments from the area that seem pretty stable. USD getting active now that the staff will be back. Kent State rumors have slowed some commitments. Pottebaum from West Lyon weighing option from walk-on at Iowa, UNI, Augie or NW Missouri State. Snyder has UNI, Iowa, Iowa Western, and rumors now NDSU back in the mix after losing a couple DB's last week to Iowa and Iowa State and are getting back in the hunt. Early signing period is making for some interesting decision on the part of schools and recruits. It will be an active week after official visits over the next couple weekends.
            Thanks! I hope we keep our guys. The 20th can’t get here soon enough!
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
              Pottebaum from West Lyon weighing option from walk-on at Iowa, UNI, Augie or NW Missouri State.
              Is there a knock against Pottebaum? The guy was mowing people down every game last year and was all over the highlights. I guess I was expecting more interest on him. Or maybe he had more interest and narrowed it to these schools?

Comment

Ethan Swanegan and Matt Harris verbal to Missouri St
                RJ Clarke verbals to UNI

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                  Is there a knock against Pottebaum? The guy was mowing people down every game last year and was all over the highlights. I guess I was expecting more interest on him. Or maybe he had more interest and narrowed it to these schools?
                  I've seen both Snyder and Pottebaum play 4 games each of the past two season. I saw them vs. the #1 team in a class above them and those two were a two headed monster on offense. Snyder beat us with his legs and arm and Pottebaum comes down hill as hard as I've seen a runner come down hill. Not great hips, but extremely powerful. Mike or possibly a DE. He's about 6'2" 235. His only offensive positions would be a fb or a between the tackles down hill running back. Snyder is bigger and stronger than his older brother. He's also a much better thrower. I thought I saw 26 TD's and only 1 Int? His biggest asset might be his leg. Every kick was a touch back and a couple were through the end zone. Both IMO are scholarship players for us. But, I though that about Van Ginkel and the older Snyder. Oops I really didn't go there did I. Signing day will be interesting. Who waits and who signs. What guys take PWO and later decide to sign elsewhere. PWO are not binding.

Comment

This has probably already been asked but is our Greenfield commit any relation to USD's Greenfield?

Comment

Any updates on recruits attending the playoff game?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Any updates on recruits attending the playoff game?
                        Gibbs was there on his official visit. He posted a photo of him on Twitter.

Comment

It would be nice if this run would get the Jacks in on a couple of really good players that were sitting on the fence or maybe not showing any early interest.

Comment

Gibbs was the only one I saw...man, definitely does not look like a 17-18 year old kid...physically he is a speciman already...he gets here, let the competition begin. He is very similar to TC. Cromer is essentially Sumner 2.0 and Bullock/Nelson are hybrids of the dual QB style. I anticipate 1 or 2 of those guys to be gone to search for playing time somewhere in D2, especially if Masker(a lot like TC as well) commits.

These facilities along with the continued success of the program is only going to make the competition for playing time stronger. Great problem to have.

Comment

Clayton Hooper out of AZ verbals to the Jacks.
                              https://mobile.twitter.com/claytonho...81549425385472
                              Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 12-15-2017, 09:02 AM. Reason: Misspelled Last name

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Clayton Hopper out of AZ verbals to the Jacks.
                                https://mobile.twitter.com/claytonho...81549425385472
                                Best name for a Jackrabbit ever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X