This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting List

And another one. Myles Johnson, P/K out MN verbals per his Twitter.

“I am proud to announce my commitment to continue my academic and football career at South Dakota State University!!! #GoJacks”

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Another verbal from a weekend visit.
      Bradley Clark, WR/LB out of FL per his Twitter account.

“After discussing things with my family I would like to say that I am committing to South Dakota State University! ���� #GoJacks @GoJacksFB @CoachKstew @CoachGriffin07”
      Clark will be playing LB for the Jacks. His film at receiver is impressive though.

The Janke twins are on campus today for their official visits. Also hearing rumblings that the Jacks got a verbal from a local running back but nothing Twitter official yet. This was a great weekend to kind of put a bow on this class.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Clark will be playing LB for the Jacks. His film at receiver is impressive though.

The Janke twins are on campus today for their official visits. Also hearing rumblings that the Jacks got a verbal from a local running back but nothing Twitter official yet. This was a great weekend to kind of put a bow on this class.
        Any insight on Snyder? From an outsider looking in, it would appear it is either PWO at Iowa or SDSU.

Got anymore information on the local RB, or care to guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
          Any insight on Snyder? From an outsider looking in, it would appear it is either PWO at Iowa or SDSU.

I'm guessing the team moves on from Snyder with the signing of Clark. Snyder is likely headed to Iowa for a PWO. Iowa must be switching to a 3-5 defense with all the LB's they signed or gave PWO's to. Absolutely ridiculous. Oh well, I think the coaches would welcome Benson, Timm, and Snyder back with open arms if they choose to leave if they don't see the field.

I don't want to say more on the RB right now. I like to leave it up to the players to announce. It is their announcement, not mine. I announced Logan Busch's when he had it in his Twitter bio but hadn't tweeted it out yet. I felt bad as I feel like I rained on his parade a bit.

Comment

I'm guessing the team moves on from Snyder with the signing of Clark. Snyder is likely headed to Iowa for a PWO. Iowa must be switching to a 3-5 defense with all the LB's they signed or gave PWO's to. Absolutely ridiculous. Oh well, I think the coaches would welcome Benson, Timm, and Snyder back with open arms if they choose to leave if they don't see the field.

I don't want to say more on the RB right now. I like to leave it up to the players to announce. It is their announcement, not mine. I announced Logan Busch's when he had it in his Twitter bio but hadn't tweeted it out yet. I felt bad as I feel like I rained on his parade a bit.
            I would not worry about rained on parades. It happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post

Per rumors and twitter it looks like it is down to SDSU or Iowa PWO. I've heard he said no thanks to UNI and USD. Also heard rumor Iowa State was coming in late as well. It does look as if Iowa is stock piling linebackers and full backs. Not sure if Iowa sees him as a safety or a OLB. It was a good thing he didn't announce anything at his visit to Iowa this weekend. We'll cross our fingers. Glad we picked up some nice insurance this weekend. Also please we landed a K/P that appears to have some real leg strength.

Comment

Iowa just got another walk-on at the LB position. They are up to 7 walk-on LBs.

Comment

Iowa must be switching to a 3-5 defense with all the LB's they signed or gave PWO's to.
                  Are we moving to a six man front? Six DE's in our class so far. If you count the TE's and big safety's, we have a boat load of 6'3"ish, 240 lb. athletes in this class. Lots of flexibility with those types of athletes!

Comment

Maybe looking for a pass rush?
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Iowa just got another walk-on at the LB position. They are up to 7 walk-on LBs.
                      I assume this isn't Jaden Snyder? Nothing on Twitter for him and it would be nice for Jaden to fill the 2nd LB recruiting slot that was left empty right before singing day (Benson & LB from Wisconsin).
                      Last edited by BTownJack; 01-31-2018, 01:58 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        I assume this isn't Jaden Snyder? Nothing on Twitter for him and it would be nice for Jaden till fill the 2nd LB recruiting slot that was left empty right before singing day (Benson & LB from Wisconsin).
                        No somebody from Waukee, IA who had offers from Sioux Falls & Minnesota State Mankato.

Comment

No somebody from Waukee, IA who had offers from Sioux Falls & Minnesota State Mankato.
                          Let us hopes this increases our opportunity to get Snyder signed...

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            I assume this isn't Jaden Snyder? Nothing on Twitter for him and it would be nice for Jaden to fill the 2nd LB recruiting slot that was left empty right before singing day (Benson & LB from Wisconsin).
                            The LB from Wisconsin was Mike Timm and he was only offered a PWO.

Comment

The LB from Wisconsin was Mike Timm and he was only offered a PWO.
                              Actually the most recent one that was referred to is Jake Morrison he accepted a preferred walk on after Timm.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                                Actually the most recent one that was referred to is Jake Morrison he accepted a preferred walk on after Timm.
                                No, Btown was referencing Benson and Timm walking away from their verbal commitments and saying that Clark had filled one scholarship. Timm never had a scholarship so there isn't one to give to Snyder.

Comment

Working...
                                X