Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting List

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Could be a big day for the Jacks as there are many prospects on campus for the first of two "Elite Camps". Lots of testing and drills that give the coaches an idea of a players measurables. I saw a stat, but I can't find it now, that showed a super high percentage (80%+) of players who eventually sign with us also attended one of the elite camps.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Phoenix Sproles verbals to NDSU...bummer on that one.

Offer out to Riley Moss, 6'1" 175 lbs CB/WR out of Ankeny, IA.
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/3209316/riley-moss
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

I'm changing things up on the page 1 list. After following Kemo's lead of having twitter links with players, I've decided to add the players twitter links directly to their name. In the past we've had their names linked to a Rivals/247/ESPN website that highlighted the their recruitment. I've found this year that while our staff is making more offers to higher profiled players, less players are getting links from the web services. Moreover, if you really want to find out the latest on a player, their twitter account is the best source. Finally, our staff has made so many offers that I'm already exceeding the number of characters on each page 1 post. So many offers = so much information. In all likelihood, I will likely start eliminating the Rivals/247/ESPN links.

Let me know your thoughts if you like or dislike this change. I've made changes to the commits and offensive player offers posts. It will take some more time to make changes to the defensive player list. (Ate up my lunch break making the other changes.)

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHole View Post
    I'm changing things up on the page 1 list. After following Kemo's lead of having twitter links with players, I've decided to add the players twitter links directly to their name. In the past we've had their names linked to a Rivals/247/ESPN website that highlighted the their recruitment. I've found this year that while our staff is making more offers to higher profiled players, less players are getting links from the web services. Moreover, if you really want to find out the latest on a player, their twitter account is the best source. Finally, our staff has made so many offers that I'm already exceeding the number of characters on each page 1 post. So many offers = so much information. In all likelihood, I will likely start eliminating the Rivals/247/ESPN links.

Let me know your thoughts if you like or dislike this change. I've made changes to the commits and offensive player offers posts. It will take some more time to make changes to the defensive player list. (Ate up my lunch break making the other changes.)
    Thanks for keeping up. Seems like we are looking everywhere for people to play football.

Zach Heins, TE from Sioux Falls Washington verbals to the Jacks per his Twitter.

Nathan Boe verbals to Minnesota, had offer from SDSU per his Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Zach Heins, TE from Sioux Falls Washington verbals to the Jacks per his Twitter.
    Fantastic news. There are some good ones in the state this year. Hopefully we get a few more SoDak verbals here soon.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Fantastic news. There are some good ones in the state this year. Hopefully we get a few more SoDak verbals here soon.
    Also good to see one from SF Washington, been too many that have headed North.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Nathan Boe verbals to Minnesota, had offer from SDSU per his Twitter.
    Damn. Fleck is paying attention to Minnesota. Not saying we would have landed any of the three who have recently verballed to the Gophers but I don't see as many mid-level prospects escaping Minnesota. This will have an impact on NDSU, SDSU, and UND's recruiting.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.