New wrestlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New wrestlers

FloWrestling has their high school rankings updated and some names of interest are popping up.

Alex Lloyd is ranked #4 at 145.

Peyton Robb is ranked #3 at 152.

While Nash Hutmacher has not committed to his college future yet, the incoming sophomore wrestler is ranked #13 nationally. In the top 20 heavyweights, 14 will be seniors, 5 juniors and then Nash the only sophomore. (Gable Steveson from Apple Valley is not only #1 at his weight class, he's the #1 ranked prep wrestler overall. Lee Harrington from our local high school in Kearney is ranked behind Nash.)

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      FloWrestling has their high school rankings updated and some names of interest are popping up.

Alex Lloyd is ranked #4 at 145.

Peyton Robb is ranked #3 at 152.

While Nash Hutmacher has not committed to his college future yet, the incoming sophomore wrestler is ranked #13 nationally. In the top 20 heavyweights, 14 will be seniors, 5 juniors and then Nash the only sophomore. (Gable Steveson from Apple Valley is not only #1 at his weight class, he's the #1 ranked prep wrestler overall. Lee Harrington from our local high school in Kearney is ranked behind Nash.)
      Lloyd and Robb have to be our highest ranked recruits we've ever had. Hopefully we can hold onto them until the fall signing date, as there are going to be vultures circling for them. They seem to have a great connection with our coaching staff based on social media posts, so I'm confident they'll both be at SDSU next year. I'd guess both are wrestling in Fargo at USA Nationals next week, so will be interesting to see how they do there.

If Nash chooses to wrestle in college, I think we have a great shot to get him. Whether he chooses to wrestle or play football will be the scenario to follow in my mind.

Other interesting rankings in the new FloWrestling list:

Jared Franek from West Fargo is ranked 8th at 152, just a handful of slots behind Peyton Robb. He recently committed to the Bison, but I think we would have had a great shot at getting him as well if we hadn't already received commits from the two MN kids near his same size or if we had the available scholarship $$$.

Nick Casperson, senior from Beresford, is ranked 8th at 195. As far as I know Nick hasn't committed anywhere yet. His older brother Josh was on the Jackrabbit team a few years ago. Would be great to lock Nick up as well for 2018, securing the top prospect in SD.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

More honors for P Robb. Get Jacked!
        http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling...te-of-the-Week

Comment

Word is that Nick Casperson is leaning towards Ohio State. We'll see if that holds true. Most of the B1G schools have interest in him.

Comment

Hutmacher is wrestling in the championship match for Freestyle tomorrow in the Junior Nationals, he has tech falled all of his opponents. While Freestyle is very similar to Folkstyle, it's pretty incredible that this is his first year doing it. The more I watch him, if he stays with wrestling and really goes anywhere(although my preference would be SDSU)he's minimum a one time National Champ(my money is on 3)........I'm saying he's got World/Olympic potential. I don't throw that lightly, he wrestles like he is 125 pounder light on his feet, doesn't tire out. He doesn't wrestle sloppy heavy weight style. He's dominating people now. flat. out. dominating.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              Hutmacher is wrestling in the championship match for Freestyle tomorrow in the Junior Nationals, he has tech falled all of his opponents. While Freestyle is very similar to Folkstyle, it's pretty incredible that this is his first year doing it. The more I watch him, if he stays with wrestling and really goes anywhere(although my preference would be SDSU)he's minimum a one time National Champ(my money is on 3)........I'm saying he's got World/Olympic potential. I don't throw that lightly, he wrestles like he is 125 pounder light on his feet, doesn't tire out. He doesn't wrestle sloppy heavy weight style. He's dominating people now. flat. out. dominating.
              The only time I've seen him was in the state championship match against SDSU offensive lineman recruit Eddie Miller. What he did to a senior who was a DI football recruit was pretty impressive. The fact he is doing it now on a national stage is even more so.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                The only time I've seen him was in the state championship match against SDSU offensive lineman recruit Eddie Miller. What he did to a senior who was a DI football recruit was pretty impressive. The fact he is doing it now on a national stage is even more so.
                I wonder how big this kid will be by the time he is a Sr. In hs?

Comment

Any videos of him wrestling?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Any videos of him wrestling?
                    There are several on YouTube if you just search his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      I wonder how big this kid will be by the time he is a Sr. In hs?
                      It'll be close. He could chisel up a little bit and maintain strength, but if he grows 2 inches......it'll be tough to maintain that 285 IMO.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                        There are several on YouTube if you just search his name.
                        The interview after taking Eddie Miller was interesting. He is a monster for being 14 or 15 years old. I hope he has Wheaties for breakfast and not something else. I dont think we will get him 3 years from now. He is modest and looks like a great kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          It'll be close. He could chisel up a little bit and maintain strength, but if he grows 2 inches......it'll be tough to maintain that 285 IMO.
                          Kinda what I was thinking. Football would sound like the more plausible option but trying to forecast a kid 3 or 4 years into the future takes a better crystal ball than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            The interview after taking Eddie Miller was interesting. He is a monster for being 14 or 15 years old. I hope he has Wheaties for breakfast and not something else. I dont think we will get him 3 years from now. He is modest and looks like a great kid.
                            His dad was runner-up in the SD strongest man competition, and is the Chief of Police in Chamberlain. I think he's legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              His dad was runner-up in the SD strongest man competition, and is the Chief of Police in Chamberlain. I think he's legit.
                              Yes most likely so. He seems very humble.

Comment

I think if Bono is still here in 2 years the kid will likely be a Jack. I'll agree with earlier sentiment that he has a has 4 year all American and at least one national championship to add to his resume(but will agree that 3-4 nat champ is certainly attainable). So quick and powerful right now, scary to think what he'll become.

I still think we have a better than average chance at getting him in FB if that's his ambition. A lot to be said about competing a few hours from home. Nebraska is on the radar as well I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X