Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Just posted on Twitter from verbal commits, that El Darwich is leaving the program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Always bittersweet. I hate seeing a lot of turnover but if it is best for the young man so be it. Obviously, it does open up a spot which is an opportunity.

Sergio was a very nice young man. Wish him the very best in the future!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      The "Future Rosters" Thread on the WBB page has been helpful for keeping track of where we are at with scholarships and looking ahead to future years. I figured it was time to start one for MBB.

Senior:
      Reed Tellinghuisen, Forward
      Ian Theisen, Center
      Skyler Flatten, Guard (Pending Medical Waiver, could be a Junior)
      Lane Severyn, Forward

Junior:
      Mike Daum, Forward
      Tevin King, Guard
      Chris Howell, Guard
      Brandon Key, Guard
      Dallas Polk-Hilliard, Forward

Sophomore:
      Beau Brown, Guard (non-scholarship)

Freshmen:
      Alou Dillon, Forward
      Ryan Krueger, Guard
      Alex Arians, Guard
      Matt Dentlinger, Post (Grayshirt)
      David Jenkins Jr., Guard

2018:
      Trevor Hansen, Post
      Owen King, PG
      Updated for recent departures and addition.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Is there a legit chance that Skyler gets medical redshirt and gets another year? I always thought since they used his redshirt his first year he wouldn't be eligible for that. Is is something he/they are actually pursuing?

Comment

If Flatten's minutes do not increase next year (which is a definite possibility given all of Otz's recruits coming in) and he gets his degree a year from now, he may be ready to move on with the rest of his life.

Comment

I'd love to see the Jacks add TreShawn Thurman. I know it's probably not realistic but he'd fill a need for us.

Comment

This guy was a beast. Showed total class after the game waiting to talk to Daum. Any team is getting a good player and a great competitor.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Think there'd be any interest in adding Carson Shanks of UND for his one grad year? Not a banger, but would fit well with our guys I think. He used to play AAU ball w/ Ian. 7 footer like his dad Mike & uncle Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  Updated for recent departures and addition.
                  On paper a very talented roster. I think we have improved our depth and talent at every position.

Comment

The only thing that worries me a bit is that we have a class year (this year's freshman class) where as of now will have no scholarships available. But as we have seen since our season ended, things tend to happen that open up scholarships. And that may be more likely to happen as you raise the talent level of your roster, which appears to be happening here. Higher rated recruits want playing time, and if they aren't getting the minutes they think they deserve, they may not be patient enough to stay.

Comment

I'm really excited to see what these 7 news guys bring. I'm sure there will be a few guys not quite as good as expected but I have got to think a few of these guys are hits. With Daum and Telly for sure things and likely at least mild improvement from our current roster we will be a good team. If 1-2 of these guys are impact players future/current all conference types we will be REALLY good. It doesn't seem this is a stretch to hope for by any means.

Pretty sure I would pay good money to watch a pick up game in Brookings this summer - Just can't wait to see what we have here....

Comment

Don't know how many of you watched Justin Pitts in the D2 title game, but I've followed him during his career and he is one hell of a player in person. I'm hoping that Brandon Key gives us that same kind of acceleration and athleticism. I like small guards, in the mid majors you gotta give up speed or size. I'll take the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                          I like small guards, in the mid majors you gotta give up speed or size. I'll take the latter.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Andre Wallace to Hawaii Pacific per his twitter account.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Andre Wallace to Hawaii Pacific per his twitter account.
                              Not a bad place to spend your senior year of college...good for Andre.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                Not a bad place to spend your senior year of college...good for Andre.
                                Best of luck to Andre! Hopefully he raises their graduation rate (a whopping 40.9% in 2014) how is that even possible?
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X