Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Rosters

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I believe it is any type of a school scholarship, so if SDSU offered the scholarship, or if the scholarship had to be used at SDSU it would count. I think if they are universal scholarships, they don't count. So if you have a 6 scholarships from Wal-Mart, and the local Farmers Union and those type that can be used anywhere it doesn't count. But if it is a SDSU endowment fund scholarship that would count against the limit.
    This definitely can’t be right. In this scenario local businesses would just sponsor athletes via scholarships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

• Re: Future Rosters

Skyler Flatten given 6th year.
      http://gojacks.com/news/2018/1/12/me...igibility.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Good for him and that's a big boost for next year. It seems like he's been here forever, on the fringes of making an impact. It would have been a shame to see it end so quickly after he finally "arrived". Also, there's a chance that this will be one more factor that keeps Daum on board.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Good for him and that's a big boost for next year. It seems like he's been here forever, on the fringes of making an impact. It would have been a shame to see it end so quickly after he finally "arrived". Also, there's a chance that this will be one more factor that keeps Daum on board.
            If Daum comes back this will certainly lessen the blow of the guys we lose after the season. Does this have any effect on the scholarships for next year?
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              If Daum comes back this will certainly lessen the blow of the guys we lose after the season. Does this have any effect on the scholarships for next year?
              Polk Hilliard is returning his scholarship.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                No one seems to know for sure if Dentlinger has to go on an athletic scholarship next year. Assuming he does, that would take the one that opened up when Polk-Hilliard left and we would then be at the limit of 13 for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  No one seems to know for sure if Dentlinger has to go on an athletic scholarship next year. Assuming he does, that would take the one that opened up when Polk-Hilliard left and we would then be at the limit of 13 for next year.
                  I think Dentlinger was already in the plan for a scholarship for next year. Mimms may be the next walk-on to watch.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    I think Dentlinger was already in the plan for a scholarship for next year. Mimms may be the next walk-on to watch.
                    If Dentlinger takes the Polk-Hilliard spot, we should be OK for next year - we lose Telly, Theisen and Severyn and add Mimms, King and Fiegen.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      Couldn't agree more with Skyler's 6th year helping keep Daum around. I don't think Mike is quite ready for the NBA yet so Grad Transferring to a bigger program would be the bigger concern IMO. Knowing that a key cog, in Flatten, coming back should entice him to stick around and make one last run at the SLT & NCAA's. Hope Skyler fills Telly's role as a big scorer next year as both a shooter and a guy that can attack the rim!

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                        Couldn't agree more with Skyler's 6th year helping keep Daum around. I don't think Mike is quite ready for the NBA yet so Grad Transferring to a bigger program would be the bigger concern IMO. Knowing that a key cog, in Flatten, coming back should entice him to stick around and make one last run at the SLT & NCAA's. Hope Skyler fills Telly's role as a big scorer next year as both a shooter and a guy that can attack the rim!
                        As long as DJJ stays too. having a 1-2 punch with Daum and a year experience with the guys coming back. That's huge. Figuring out Reed and Theisen will be the things for next year. The freshman redshirting or new players coming in will need to eat up some of their roles and minutes.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          As long as DJJ stays too. having a 1-2 punch with Daum and a year experience with the guys coming back. That's huge. Figuring out Reed and Theisen will be the things for next year. The freshman redshirting or new players coming in will need to eat up some of their roles and minutes.
                          I guess I'm not too worried about next year as long as everybody that can come back, comes back. Lane and Ian are good for this team but I don't think they are irreplaceable. Reed will be tough to replace because he does everything (I think he is the second best player on this team) but we will have seven new players coming in next year. You would think that at least a couple of them will be able to play to make up for what's lost. We will return four starters but the other half of the team will be new. We might be a little smaller but we will see who comes in ready to take those minutes.

Comment

Dillon 6'8" at 225# and Dentlinger 6'8" at 250# should take some of the size sting out. Krueger at 6'6" and Arians at 6'4" can fill the SG and SF fairly well for size. I would not guess how quick Fiegen at 6'7" is ready to play. It is likely the redshirt freshmen will be big contributors next year.

Comment

Something heard 3rd hand... heard from a friend, who knows someone, who is really close with someone who is close to the team. (cryptic enough?)

The 4 Freshmen redshirts? What I was told was that... "they've never had 4 freshman that are this good at this point."

Conjecture? certainly... hard to tell what will happen when the games are real. But also, good to hear that within the program, there is a great deal of excitement for the future, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                                Something heard 3rd hand... heard from a friend, who knows someone, who is really close with someone who is close to the team. (cryptic enough?)

The 4 Freshmen redshirts? What I was told was that... "they've never had 4 freshman that are this good at this point."

Conjecture? certainly... hard to tell what will happen when the games are real. But also, good to hear that within the program, there is a great deal of excitement for the future, as well.
                                I don't know what to think about rumors regarding the redshirts. I'm skeptical as I was told that Adam Dykman was Mike Daum-light as a redshirt. Obviously that wasn't true OR someone way overestimated what they saw in practice. I will say that the four redshirts from this year certainly look the part. Alou looks like a freak athlete that stands out in a crowd. The other three can all shoot the ball with the best of them. We'll see what happens next year when they see the court!
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X