Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

Saw Ian last week. Can confirm weight loss. He looks the same size as Daum.

I'm sure that will help with the foot injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Definitely a cheese-head flavor, but I love it. We have six from Wisconsin, that has to be a first.
      Seven if you count King - St. John's (prep school) is in Wisconsin as well.

Comment

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...=244+272699400
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Good description of what the newcomers for the Jacks might bring to the table. Looks like they pick Fort Wayne for second. I'm surprised Yote fans heads aren't exploding !

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Good description of what the newcomers for the Jacks might bring to the table. Looks like they pick Fort Wayne for second. I'm surprised Yote fans heads aren't exploding !
            You have to have an active fan base for heads to explode.

Ok, no smack. I'll go sit in my corner.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              You have to have an active fan base for heads to explode.

Ok, no smack. I'll go sit in my corner.
              I've always been of the belief that it isn't smack if it's true...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                The "Future Rosters" Thread on the WBB page has been helpful for keeping track of where we are at with scholarships and looking ahead to future years. I figured it was time to start one for MBB.

Senior:
                Reed Tellinghuisen, Forward
                Ian Theisen, Center
                Skyler Flatten, Guard (Pending Medical Waiver, could be a Junior)
                Lane Severyn, Forward

Junior:
                Mike Daum, Forward
                Tevin King, Guard
                Chris Howell, Guard
                Brandon Key, Guard
                Dallas Polk-Hilliard, Forward

Sophomore:
                Beau Brown, Guard (non-scholarship)

Freshmen:
                Alou Dillon, Forward
                Ryan Krueger, Guard
                Alex Arians, Guard
                Matt Dentlinger, Post (Grayshirt)
                David Jenkins Jr., Guard

2018:
                Owen King, PG
                Matt Mims, PG
                Aaron Fiegen, F

2019:
                Owen Coburn, C
                Updated for the recent activity.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Here's how some future Jacks have been performing so far this season:

2018:

Matt Mimms: 5'11 G - 21.8 PPG on 51.5% shooting, 43.1% on 3's, 71.2% on FT, 5 APG, and 2.56 STLPG

Aaron Fiegen: 6'7 F - 21 PPG for #1 ranked Madison

Owen King: 6'1 G - 19 PPG, including a couple 30 point games.

2019:

Baylor Scheierman: G - Couldn't find any stats, but he's listed at 6'6 on some websites, opposed to 6'3 on verbal commits.

Owen Coburn: 6'11 C - 17.5 PPG on 65.2% shooting, 82.4% FT (42/51), 9.6 RPG, 1.9 BLKPG

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                    Aaron Fiegen: 6'7 F - 21 PPG for #1 ranked Madison
                    I’ve been told Aaron is now taller than his brother Tony, but will probably need a year as a redshirt to gain weight.

Comment

Since Polk-Hilliard left the team can his scholarship transfer to Brown for one semester. I know he has a broke arm but it would be nice to help out the guy for his hard work, enthusiasm, and time. It would be different if we brought somebody else in that needed it but I don't think that happened. Unless Dentlinger could use the scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        Since Polk-Hilliard left the team can his scholarship transfer to Brown for one semester. I know he has a broke arm but it would be nice to help out the guy for his hard work, enthusiasm, and time. It would be different if we brought somebody else in that needed it but I don't think that happened. Unless Dentlinger could use the scholarship.
                        Someone said in an earlier post that Dentlinger is on an academic scholarship this year.

Comment

Someone said in an earlier post that Dentlinger is on an academic scholarship this year.
                          I seem to recall seeing something to the effect of a basketball or football player (specifically, those sports) that receives a scholarship of any kind from the school will count against the NCAA roster limit for scholarships, regardless of the type of scholarship. Other sports aren't that restricted but BB and FB are.

Been a long time since I read the NCAA Manual though.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            I seem to recall seeing something to the effect of a basketball or football player (specifically, those sports) that receives a scholarship of any kind from the school will count against the NCAA roster limit for scholarships, regardless of the type of scholarship. Other sports aren't that restricted but BB and FB are.

That would mean if a walk-on had any type of scholarship they would count. I know Duke has a couple walk-ons every year. With what it costs to go to school there and its prestigious academic reputation I have trouble believing that they would be paying their full way but then again lots of people have lots of money.

I understand the spirit of that rule, to keep schools with lots of money from essentially hoarding recruits but it also seems it would detrimentally affect a walk-on type player.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

There must be some type of exception, because we were at the 13 scholarship limit during fall semester when Polk-Hilliard was still here. Maybe when the player is redshirting and not actually competing ?

Comment

There must be some type of exception, because we were at the 13 scholarship limit during fall semester when Polk-Hilliard was still here. Maybe when the player is redshirting and not actually competing ?

I believe it is any type of a school scholarship, so if SDSU offered the scholarship, or if the scholarship had to be used at SDSU it would count. I think if they are universal scholarships, they don't count. So if you have a 6 scholarships from Wal-Mart, and the local Farmers Union and those type that can be used anywhere it doesn't count. But if it is a SDSU endowment fund scholarship that would count against the limit.

Comment

Working...
                                X