Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

Dykman to Augie, good for him, hopefully he can tear up the the NSIC like Doyle at Northern...https://twitter.com/MikeSautterOWH/s...57195617927168

Comment

@VerbalCommits Former South Dakota State G Sergio El Darwich is transferring to Western Texas College (JUCO).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        @VerbalCommits Former South Dakota State G Sergio El Darwich is transferring to Western Texas College (JUCO).
        I had heard rumors of another transfer, I'm glad it was El Darwich and not one of the other 8 players that remain. He showed promise but clearly didn't fit. We are definitely going to need significant contributions from a couple of transfers and/or freshmen this year, as we only have 7 players returning that will see significant time (assuming Brown still won't see much PT). Unless TJ is going to ride with a very short bench, but I don't see that happening long term. Might have to be that way to start the season though.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I had heard rumors of another transfer, I'm glad it was El Darwich and not one of the other 8 players that remain. He showed promise but clearly didn't fit. We are definitely going to need significant contributions from a couple of transfers and/or freshmen this year, as we only have 7 players returning that will see significant time (assuming Brown still won't see much PT). Unless TJ is going to ride with a very short bench, but I don't see that happening long term. Might have to be that way to start the season though.
          Wasn't he a transfer that was announced awhile back though? That tweet seems to be just announcing his landing spot.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Wasn't he a transfer that was announced awhile back though? That tweet seems to be just announcing his landing spot.
            Correct. Wallace and Dykman news broke literally within a day of the Gonzaga game and El Darwich shortly after them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              My bad. I must have missed that one.

Comment

Zimmer's 2017-18 MBB primer is a good one and has some interesting thoughts.

The first thing that stood out was in regards to the incoming freshman when it comes to who is likely to redshirt and who is likely to contribute. It isn't a surprise that Arians and Dentlinger are expected to redshirt, but I would have thought mostly likely to contribute would be Dillion while Krueger would be more likely to redshirt, but the article suggests the opposite. It would be one thing if it was just Zim's opinion, but the way I read the article, these thoughts seem to be coming from the coaching staff, not just the author.

I guess it does make sense. It is generally easier to transition to from high school to college as a guard/wing than it is as a 4/5, plus we really need to improve our outside shooting to make teams pay for doubling Daum, but Dillion is probably the most physically ready big to ever come into the Jackrabbit program. Also, highly touted recruits usually play right away because they have the talent and the coaches want to keep them motivated and happy.

The other thing that stood out was that Trevor Hansen is still considered a commit, even though the "decommit" rumor seems to have been put to rest already.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

That's a very good roundup by Matt Zimmer. I've been waiting for some media outlet to do this story, so the Argus Leader deserves thanks. Seven new players is half the roster and a lot of new faces. But, overall, it's an upgrade in talent. The Jacks should be very good next season.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

With Theisen's nagging ankle and other injuries over the past two seasons, I wouldn't mark Dillon's potential redshirt down in stone.

Comment

Be nice if they updated the 2017/2018 Men's roster like they did the Women's.

Comment

I look for Ian Theisen to be tougher than heck during his senior season. I hear that he's leaned up and dropped about 30 pounds. With his past ankle issues, that could help keep him on the floor more. His size, toughness and edgy attitude are big pluses for the Jacks.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Be nice if they updated the 2017/2018 Men's roster like they did the Women's.
                          The roster has been updated.
                          http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Definitely a cheese-head flavor, but I love it. We have six from Wisconsin, that has to be a first.

Comment

I look for Ian Theisen to be tougher than heck during his senior season. I hear that he's leaned up and dropped about 30 pounds. With his past ankle issues, that could help keep him on the floor more. His size, toughness and edgy attitude are big pluses for the Jacks.
                              *wonders if dropping 30 lbs will be the cure to his laziness...*

Kidding.

On a more serious note, whatever he has to do, I hope he does have a big year because we are going to need some serious contributions from him if we want to have a big year.

Comment

They must have completed the required interviews for coaching staff as we have the same group following the earlier posting for coaching positions. I look forward with optimism for the 2017-18 basketball season.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X