• Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

Anybody signing today?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Anybody signing today?
      I wasn't planning on it. but I didn't get an offer either so that's probably why.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I wasn't planning on it. but I didn't get an offer either so that's probably why.
        Me neither. I don’t think Otz has me on his radar.

Comment

Seriously, who is there to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Seriously, who is there to replace?
            Not sure if you are serious but Telly, Thiesen, Severyn, Howell, and Polk-Hilliard... basically a four year starter and our bench. HA
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Not sure if you are serious but Telly, Thiesen, Severyn, Howell, and Polk-Hilliard... basically a four year starter and our bench. HA
              OH definitely serious, and now you got me off the silly wagon and there are some replacements to be made. Old Hare I think posted something to the affect that one recruit was looking at the basketball factory outside of Witchta, that David Jenkins Jr. came from. I am sure Otz will be very careful about who he signs today and might be no one period. Red shirts I assume are ready to go. That's why I question who is there to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                OH definitely serious, and now you got me off the silly wagon and there are some replacements to be made. Old Hare I think posted something to the affect that one recruit was looking at the basketball factory outside of Witchta, that David Jenkins Jr. came from. I am sure Otz will be very careful about who he signs today and might be no one period. Red shirts I assume are ready to go. That's why I question who is there to replace?
                I believe they signed 3 early, so I'm guessing they are looking for either a sit/transfer or a grad transfer and if they can't find the fit they'll just hold it

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  I believe they signed 3 early, so I'm guessing they are looking for either a sit/transfer or a grad transfer and if they can't find the fit they'll just hold it
                  Not to many spots left to fill. I totally forgot about the three fall signees.

Comment

I think it could be fun to see how or Redshirts pan out this season. I think having four players practicing and lifting with the team for a year is less of a gamble then relying on a juco transfer, grad transfer, or a Freshman phenom. I think we will see how well coach Otz recruits this year with the red shirt class and a freshman or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                      I think it could be fun to see how or Redshirts pan out this season. I think having four players practicing and lifting with the team for a year is less of a gamble then relying on a juco transfer, grad transfer, or a Freshman phenom. I think we will see how well coach Otz recruits this year with the red shirt class and a freshman or 2.
                      I agree with sdsu_drake. I would not be surprised to find another productive player similar to the Mike Daum experience. We may not find another Mike, but we may find another DJJ among the redshirts! Dillon and/or Dentlinger could add depth for the 4/5. Krueger and Arians could bring some firepower from the outside for more depth. Owen King may be the most likely to get on the floor of the freshmen. Is there a Juco or grad transfer out there to firm up the weaker spots? We will need to wait and see if there is concern by the coaching staff. There are 4 returning starters and Key returning. Howell and Polk-Hilliard did not contribute much in 2017-18. It was a 6 or 7 man rotation late in the season. It may be premature to be concerned about depth.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        It may be premature to be concerned about depth.
                        I am concerned with depth at the 4/5 spots. Even when you factor in Dillon and Dentlinger, you still only have 3 players to provide 80 minutes at those positions. With the current projected roster, the only other options at those two spots are Fiegen, who looks like he would benefit from a redshirt year to bulk up, or play Flatten at the 4 which to me is playing him out of position and would not utilize his strengths.

Comment

I get it, but I have a hard time being awfully concerned about much for a team that returns five key contributors (including a likely-improved Mike Daum and DJJ), four redshirt freshmen and one of the most-hyped true freshmen in recent years. There's still plenty of time to add another too. Expectations are going to be off the charts if all the current pieces are still in place by November.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            I get it, but I have a hard time being awfully concerned about much for a team that returns five key contributors (including a likely-improved Mike Daum and DJJ), four redshirt freshmen and one of the most-hyped true freshmen in recent years. There's still plenty of time to add another too. Expectations are going to be off the charts if all the current pieces are still in place by November.
                            If we expect to compete against another strong non-conference schedule and not only get to the tournament, but actually win some games we need another real experienced and talented player or two at the 4/5. Not somebody who just eats up minutes, gives Daum a breather or a few more fouls. We need another force in the post. I would think this year would never be more attractive for a big looking for the right situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Who is this most hyped true freshman?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                Who is this most hyped true freshman?
                                Owen King

Comment

Working...
                                X